DRE | GTAMotorcycle.com

DRE

bigpoppa

Anyone done the ducati riding academy? Maybe @Brian P ? It looks very interesting :unsure:

Yes, at Mugello, in 2018. You get one day on track and it's pretty structured. In my opinion, Racing School Europe is better.

How much track experience do you have? With both of these, you are expected to have some going in.

Yes, at Mugello, in 2018. You get one day on track and it's pretty structured. In my opinion, Racing School Europe is better.

How much track experience do you have? With both of these, you are expected to have some going in.
some, but not a lot, Id like to get more laps in this summer locally

Get to an intemediate-group pace locally first. Or take one of the local track courses first. You'll get more out of an advanced course if you have the basics sorted out first.

I'm 20+ seconds a lap off WorldSBK pace at the big international tracks that I've done. 1. I'm 20 years older than Jonathan Rae. 2. I'm 30 kg heavier than Jonathan Rae. 3. I'm not being paid to do it. 4. The bikes are stock and not set up for me, as opposed to a Superbike fiddled with to get it the way the rider wants it. 5 and biggest factor. My name is not Jonathan Rae...

California Super Bike School, it's on the to do list for this season.
Whats your plans for it? I'm humming and hawing about it too but they aren't offering any sessions at Mid Ohio this year.

They are doing it at Pittsburg International, in Wampum, PA which is 5h from Toronto but I know nothing about that track.

Last edited:
Whats your plans for it? I'm humming and hawing about it too but they aren't offering any sessions at Mid Ohio this year.

They are doing it at Pittsburg International, in Wampum, PA which is 5h from Toronto but I know nothing about that track.
Good question,

I think i'd aim to go to Vegas, few friends went last year and had a great time.

PittRace? I've not ridden it, only seen videos and talked to others who've done it. It's really good.

This brought up a curious thought, in canada we're covered for healthcare, in the USA you can buy health insurance for your travels, but I distinctly remember reading clauses that excluded coverage for anything related to a racetrack or competition. (I went with TD insurance)

I assume If you ride on tracks in the states, you got 0 health coverage?

This brought up a curious thought, in canada we're covered for healthcare, in the USA you can buy health insurance for your travels, but I distinctly remember reading clauses that excluded coverage for anything related to a racetrack or competition. (I went with TD insurance)

I assume If you ride on tracks in the states, you got 0 health coverage?
CAA offers insurance for Motorsports while in the USA.

I did Cali SBK school at Pitt Race and have ridden it several times after, Its a great track with great facilities

I'll be riding it a lot in 2024 as the Calabogie sound check is starting to get ridiculous

I did Cali SBK school at Pitt Race and have ridden it several times after, Its a great track with great facilities

I'll be riding it a lot in 2024 as the Calabogie sound check is starting to get ridiculous
Did they change the sound check rules recently or is it a change in enforcement?

Did they change the sound check rules recently or is it a change in enforcement?
they've become more strict, also started testing on track.
They started selling lots on the road that leads you to the track, I figure that once houses are built and people move in it'll get even worse

they've become more strict, also started testing on track.
They started selling lots on the road that leads you to the track, I figure that once houses are built and people move in it'll get even worse
The rules have not changed since the track was opened. But more people are putting a reducer in going through sound check and then removing it after, or showing up at the start with a stock exhaust getting the sticker then putting on something stupidly loud. So they needed to start checking on track to catch those idiots.
The housing lots are being sold by the track and the Deed includes provisions that the owners can never complain about noise from the track for all time.

The housing lots are being sold by the track and the Deed includes provisions that the owners can never complain about noise from the track for all time.

Thats some freedom right there

1703696523587.png

give it time
Railways have similar restrictive covenants. It doesn't stop people complaining but it does mean they have trouble finding a lawyer to help them as the chance of losing in court is really close to 100%.

Back
Top Bottom