Did you hide your bikes expense from your spouse? | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Did you hide your bikes expense from your spouse?

Can't understand why she wanted a divorce... :D

Naw dude, she knew what she was doing... She wanted me gone so that her daughter, SIL, and two grandkiddies who live in the bsmt apt could have run of the house...

I was good to her... She to me? Not so much... Also her not giving it up for 10 plus years didn't help either!

mine will never make me sell my bike. just no more mods (and im honestly tapped out of ideas i like anyway). maintenance only.

shes ok with me building custom bikes so that will start in a couple yrs. just for fun.

No hiding.

But I had been dating a girl in my early 20's who badly wanted to get married. She didn't work due to a health issue. At one point she went on a tirade about what I had just spent on my FZR1000.

Hmm........she didn't make any financial contribution and it didn't look like that would ever change. I would hazard a guess she never questioned anyone she dated ever again after my somewhat brutal answer to her objections.

Why lie if honesty can keep the anchors out of your life?

Don't hide nothing, we have separate accounts and since I make 2x what she does I also pay for most things, I don't question her purchases and she doesn't question mine, of course none of our personal purchases ever effect our ability to keep up with our financial commitments, bills get paid on time, credit cards don't carry a balance past the end of the month, and there is food in the fridge

Duty and brokerage are not the same thing...

I hear yah and I likely am mixing the two together. I haven't got the break down yet but it's being delivered on Monday so I should know what is what then. What I do know is I took shock price converted to cnd and then added HST and it's 100 bucks higher then I calculated.

it's a mode of transport to make more money. It needs everything I buy for it, or I can't get to work to make more money.

In my case its not just a toy and lets her drive my car more. I used to be anal about the car but now i just dont care...+ i barely take go transit...so she knew about the bike... i'd been looking in classified for 6 months before i found my black beauty (the bike). It ended up being up a new (0km) older model, so more expensive than used ones...but there just weren't any used ones on the market as they're pretty new and most people seem to keep them... so even though she wasnt impressed, i still disclosed the costs...

and who cares, im the one who pays the most in the couple so if i can have something to help me releax while saving money on public transit...WHY NOOOOT

Her - You got a package today.
Me - Nice.
Her - Is it a motorcycle part?
Me - Maybe not this time!
Her - Ooooh!
Me - Kidding. Motorcycle part.

That's completely me. Bahaaa

I have an ex who said it's me or the bike.

That's not her that I rode to Indianapolis :D

0a65dce928cdaeb5f3efc17084a8a199.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom