Dangerous honda recall | GTAMotorcycle.com

Dangerous honda recall

bigpoppa

newer fireblade and goldwing models affected.

The cars have a similar recall, apparently the plastic impeller of the fuel pump is made of sub-standard material that can later swell up and lock.
The fuel pump is from an external supplier that provides the component to other car manufacturers too.

The cars have a similar recall, apparently the plastic impeller of the fuel pump is made of sub-standard material that can later swell up and lock.
The fuel pump is from an external supplier that provides the component to other car manufacturers too.
Remember Takata ?

Remember Takata ?
Afaik, that pain still exists. Lots of claymores still installed in vehicles driving around.

It would seem to be easy to do something like RIV and only transfer vehicles if recalls were up to date. As for manufacturers arguing they don't have parts in stock, at this point, they should have to provide a replacement vehicle as there is no excuse good enough.

Afaik, that pain still exists. Lots of claymores still installed in vehicles driving around.

It would seem to be easy to do something like RIV and only transfer vehicles if recalls were up to date. As for manufacturers arguing they don't have parts in stock, at this point, they should have to provide a replacement vehicle as there is no excuse good enough.
The manufacturer, through the dealer, knows the original purchaser but how does the manufacturer track the vehicle down after it's been resold, possibly more than once. DOT?

The manufacturer, through the dealer, knows the original purchaser but how does the manufacturer track the vehicle down after it's been resold, possibly more than once. DOT?
That's where service ontario comes in. Runs the Vin for open recalls prior to allowing transfer (or maybe that become part of safety). It's hard for the manufacturer to track a resold vehicle but at least this method means a new owner doesn't have open recalls.

That's where service ontario comes in. Runs the Vin for open recalls prior to allowing transfer (or maybe that become part of safety). It's hard for the manufacturer to track a resold vehicle but at least this method means a new owner doesn't have open recalls.
I bought a used 2011 Santa Fe in 2016. It's licensed and on the road and several times since, including just a year ago, I was contacted to bring it in for a recall for minor upgrades to the computing systems or trailer wiring harness (but it was not originally equipped with the latter. i get the feeling they just want to get old Hyundai owners into the salesroom. (I have always had it serviced elsewhere - more convenient and affordable.)
AFJ

Back
Top Bottom