Danforth shooting | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Danforth shooting

the Freedom crowd should go south
our constitution is not 200 years old
and there's not a damn thing in it about guns
there is no right in Canada to bear arms

I do have some guns.

I have a set of Purdey's that belonged to my Grandfather, I have a Browning Citori shotgun, and I have a Winchester Model 70. I do hunt and have hunted since I was in my early teens

I was also born here, in Toronto General and grew up in Willowdale.

I'm sorry, but why would I leave my home and my country of birth and move to the US just because you don't like the fact that I hunt.

I could make the same argument. Why don't you go to the UK if someone that owns a gun offends you?

I do have some guns.

I have a set of Purdey's that belonged to my Grandfather, I have a Browning Citori shotgun, and I have a Winchester Model 70. I do hunt and have hunted since I was in my early teens

I was also born here, in Toronto General and grew up in Willowdale.

I'm sorry, but why would I leave my home and my country of birth and move to the US just because you don't like the fact that I hunt.

I could make the same argument. Why don't you go to the UK if someone that owns a gun offends you?

You cant walk down the street here with your shotgun out. I think that’s what he means. No one is trying to take hunters guns.

I'm not offended at all
just would prefer not to get shot

do you have a problem with immigrants Clem?
sure you wouldn't prefer the US?

Why would I have a problem with Immigrants? My wife is an immigrant from Cuba. My kids are proud of their Cuban Heritage. My Father in Law thanked god every day of his life he got out and was accepted by Canada, right up until the day he died.

It seems as though you have a problem with legal Canadian gun owners. Again, Why should I leave my home and go to the US because I own a gun. That seems to be what you are suggesting. I was born here, I'll die here., and I'm going in the family plot up in Fergus

A recent Department of Justice Canada report indicated that, based on the combined findings of several studies, 26 percent of households in Canada have at least one gun and In total, it is estimated that about 3 million civilians in Canada own firearms. Should they all leave and go to the US?

Last edited:
Clem
people who claim their Freedom!
is being threatened by any discussion of changes to gun legislation
have been infected with NRA BS based on someone else's Constitution
Canadians have no right to bear arms
whether their Mom took Dad's splooge this side of the Atlantic or the other side

If you can point out where I said I wanted anyone to take away hunting rifles I'll eat my words
what I said was gun laws and enforcement need to be fluid based on need for public safety

at this point there is not a big problem with Canadians killing each other with legally purchased hunting rifles
if that changes and becomes a public safety hazard, then laws need to change and hunting rifles need to go

If you have a problem with an immigrant speaking so bluntly to you
I suggest you get a thicker skin, or put me on ignore

And that is as it should be.

Edit: was a simul-post reply to the one above.

I have no idea where you are from (I would assume Scotland given you Avatar) but I would consider it ,at the very very least, to be in "Very Bad Taste" if I told you to leave Canada because you were an Immigrant. I would ask that you extend me the same courtesy.

I don't believe you can walk down the street with any gun out :)

There is no law preventing a legally licensed non ristricted firearms owner from carrying his rifle or shotgun down the street. As long as you are obeying the transport rules, unloaded, bolt removed etc it is totally legal. Would I suggest someone do it? No. As seen in this thread and the news there is such a fear of firearms, that someone would call the cops and you would be charged with some bs charge like public nuisance. Or worse. There are a lot of cops who do not know the laws themselves and feel that everyone with a firearm is a threat.

There is no law preventing a legally licensed non ristricted firearms owner from carrying his rifle or shotgun down the street. As long as you are obeying the transport rules, unloaded, bolt removed etc it is totally legal. Would I suggest someone do it? No. As seen in this thread and the news there is such a fear of firearms, that someone would call the cops and you would be charged with some bs charge like public nuisance. Or worse. There are a lot of cops who do not know the laws themselves and feel that everyone with a firearm is a threat.

I doubt you’d catch a public nuisance charge, especially if you’re doing everything legally and you’re not messing with people. Neighbors might react and cops may ask questions because it’s pretty unusual to have a weapon out in the open. Reaction to the rifle would probably be pretty different in Toronto compared to some northern town where hunting is common.

You best believe if I saw a guy walking around in the open with a weapon in Union station, I wouldn’t stick around to find out if he’s just a normal dude transporting a weapon or some nutter, especially given the current climate.

Can you carry them in public without a case?

Clem
people who claim their Freedom!
is being threatened by any discussion of changes to gun legislation
have been infected with NRA BS based on someone else's Constitution
Canadians have no right to bear arms
whether their Mom took Dad's splooge this side of the Atlantic or the other side

If you can point out where I said I wanted anyone to take away hunting rifles I'll eat my words
what I said was gun laws and enforcement need to be fluid based on need for public safety

at this point there is not a big problem with Canadians killing each other with legally purchased hunting rifles
if that changes and becomes a public safety hazard, then laws need to change and hunting rifles need to go

If you have a problem with an immigrant speaking so bluntly to you
I suggest you get a thicker skin, or put me on ignore

there is no problem with Canadians killing each other with legally purchased handguns either. Even if there was, making more laws will not solve it, as they would only affect those who follow rules/laws. Last time I checked it was illegal to kill someone in this country, no matter how, or what tool you choose to use.

Guns are are a quick and easy target for politicians. They feel the need to do something so they pick on the easy target. Why not look at what’s causing people to feel the need to steal and carry an illegal firearm? Why not look at how it is that more and more people are ok with taking a life? Maybe the great sanctuary city called Toronto is starting to feel the ramifications of its poor decisions. Politicians will not touch this topic, it’s too messy. The problem is, nothing will change until they take a deep look into what the actual root of the problem is. Overcrowding, no jobs, or poor paying jobs. Taking in way more people than they can support. Poor education. Both parents having to work 10 plus hours a day, leaving their kids to take care of themselves. This is done by playing video games, watching tv. These are also things (in my opinion) that are desensitizeing our youth to what the true value of a life is.

Chicago has stricter gun laws than Canada and most of the US. Yet their gun crimes climb each year. Their murder rate climbs year after year. Now let’s look at Arizona. They have much less stringent laws. They have open carry. Crime, not just gun crime, but crime overall is much lower per capita. Some will say this is due to the gun being an equalizer. It makes everyone equal. A 5 foot 160 pound person is now equal with a 6 foot 240 pound person. Personally, I think this plays a small part. I think it’s more about the availability of jobs, reasonably priced housing and something to actual be proud of and live for.

No; has to be in a locked case and IIRC it has to be out of view (e.g. in your vehicle's trunk).

Only for restricted firearms. You could legally sling your rifle over your shoulder and walk down the street. Again, given society today, I would not recommend doing so.

I doubt you’d catch a public nuisance charge, especially if you’re doing everything legally and you’re not messing with people. Neighbors might react and cops may ask questions because it’s pretty unusual to have a weapon out in the open. Reaction to the rifle would probably be pretty different in Toronto compared to some northern town where hunting is common.

You best believe if I saw a guy walking around in the open with a weapon in Union station, I wouldn’t stick around to find out if he’s just a normal dude transporting a weapon or some nutter, especially given the current climate.

Can you carry them in public without a case?

yes, unloaded, with magazine and or bolt removed. No trigger lock, or case is required for non restricted. I would not take the chance in doing so. There was a story a long time ago about a guy who got on either a streetcar or bus in T.O with his shotgun over his shoulder. He faced several charges and spent a lot of money in court. Cops felt he was being a nuisance and wasting thier time.

I’m in Toronto this week for business and stayin on Bloor street.

I took a walk up the Danforth last night. Very Sad. RIP victims

I remember when I was a kid growing up in Toronto. If there was a murder it was a huge thing, all over the news because it was such a rare occurrence. Now it’s as common as the Buffalo news reporting a fire (no disrespect intended)

I think it’s easy to simply have Knee Jerk reactions. Lets ban guns. How is that going to solve the problem. He used an illegal, banned gun. Lets give the police the resources to get these off the street. No point banning guns if the illegal ones still flow in.

I also think off the cuff statements like this cater to the politics of division and people with an agenda are quick to exploit them. I can see it all over Toronto, it’s even prevalent in this thread.

I worked with Tory at Rogers. he is great throwing out little sound bites while doing very little and he is really good at it. “I’m going to melt down guns”. Illegal guns are chopped up already. Does melting it make it somehow less effective as a weapon?

All levels of government need to put their money where their mouths are and cough up some cash for more effective law enforcement, better mental health coverage and funding to address these issues. The guy expressed a desire to kill, don’t tell me that didn’t fall through the cracks.

Anyway, my rant for today. Although it is easier said than done

Last edited:
there is no problem with Canadians killing each other with legally purchased handguns either. Even if there was, making more laws will not solve it, as they would only affect those who follow rules/laws. Last time I checked it was illegal to kill someone in this country, no matter how, or what tool you choose to use.

Guns are are a quick and easy target for politicians. They feel the need to do something so they pick on the easy target. Why not look at what’s causing people to feel the need to steal and carry an illegal firearm? Why not look at how it is that more and more people are ok with taking a life? Maybe the great sanctuary city called Toronto is starting to feel the ramifications of its poor decisions. Politicians will not touch this topic, it’s too messy. The problem is, nothing will change until they take a deep look into what the actual root of the problem is. Overcrowding, no jobs, or poor paying jobs. Taking in way more people than they can support. Poor education. Both parents having to work 10 plus hours a day, leaving their kids to take care of themselves. This is done by playing video games, watching tv. These are also things (in my opinion) that are desensitizeing our youth to what the true value of a life is.

Chicago has stricter gun laws than Canada and most of the US. Yet their gun crimes climb each year. Their murder rate climbs year after year. Now let’s look at Arizona. They have much less stringent laws. They have open carry. Crime, not just gun crime, but crime overall is much lower per capita. Some will say this is due to the gun being an equalizer. It makes everyone equal. A 5 foot 160 pound person is now equal with a 6 foot 240 pound person. Personally, I think this plays a small part. I think it’s more about the availability of jobs, reasonably priced housing and something to actual be proud of and live for.

The Chicago argument is a bad one. Let’s say you have a dog leash only park (Chicago) surrounded by dog off leash parks (other states) and there are no fences.......do you think an off leash dog might stray into your leashed park every now and then? Same thing with guns. As for gun crime in general, I think Canada has a different gun culture, way less redneck and cowboy gung Ho, shoot first ask questions later than the US. Thankfully.

Very good point there. It's not Canada's gun control that is weak, it's the US gun control that is weak/almost non-existent and/or their gun culture and a very long permeable border.

Thing is... Some states have very strict gun control laws, but we all think it's a free for all there. Most people are ignorant of the facts.
New York for example... I shot LE competitions in NY for years, but had to stop... None of the guns I would take there are allowed any more. Illinois is problematic as well and FORGET about Hawaii.
Every time I go into the US I have to take a detour through Michigan because even getting caught traversing NY state is risky.

The Chicago argument is a bad one. Let’s say you have a dog leash only park (Chicago) surrounded by dog off leash parks (other states) and there are no fences.......do you think an off leash dog might stray into your leashed park every now and then? Same thing with guns. As for gun crime in general, I think Canada has a different gun culture, way less redneck and cowboy gung Ho, shoot first ask questions later than the US. Thankfully.

I like how people conveniently forget that the dumpster fire of Gary, Indiana is 30-45 minutes away.

Wtf was that? That just seemed to be inflammatory BS with little to back it up. If true, yes it is disturbing, but they gave me nothing to believe anything they said had a basis in reality.

EDIT:
In fact, much of what that website says is straight up lies just to stoke hatred.
"According to the SIU, the Muslim terrorist was tracked by officers to Bowden Street during the shooting attack."

Your reaction is like most reactions of the "spoon fed" public.
"Cannot be true if I did not read it in the Globe, Star, Sun or see it on CityTV."
Yes...Bowden Street....off Danforth between Pape and Broadview....where the shooting occurred...your point?

Hmm...this bs news feed your brain???
Without any solid proof hard to believe and the story sounds so childish.

No.
I gather as many facts as I can from various sources and then I use the gray matter in between my ears to formulate my own opinions.
Wow! What a concept eh?!?!?

More truths coming to light....and from sources you are fed from.

https://torontosun.com/opinion/colu...-hussain-family-statement?video_autoplay=true

https://torontosun.com/opinion/colu...rth-shooting-is-troubling?video_autoplay=true

https://torontosun.com/opinion/colu...otive-hussain-served-isis?video_autoplay=true

Not sure if it has been mentioned already in this thread but is no one correlating the increased presence of TO cops less than a week before?!
Must just be a coincidence or a conspiracy theory I guess.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom