Crazies on the Road | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Crazies on the Road

I'm not sure how long you have been riding for but I'd guess not too long or you have a very selective memory.. :) I've been riding for 35 years or so and there have always been riders speeding/stunting. You name it and it has been done, is being done and will be done. There has not been any game over up to now. Can it happen in the future? Sure, but not likely. It really is not all doom and gloom.

Btw, comparing speeding motorcycles to gang wars and bombing is pretty much out there even for one of the GTAM safety clique ... :)

I must be sheltered then. Been on the road for 40+ years, and only seen one wheelie. It was on the way to Dover, a few years back. Most riders believe in sharing the road, and maintaining control. There were a lot more vehicles, cars mostly, going 100 miles per hour back in the day, but that has declined substantially.

I've seen cars in the GTA, and I'm not talking Maserati's here, I'm talking pieces of ***** that aren't designed for it, going much faster.

Yet I don't see a bunch of forum threads about them.

My bike is well maintained, and is more than stable over 230 km/h (Shannonville Motorsports Park), actually is governed at 300 but still some left.

I mean come on guys/gals, these machines are DESIGNED to exceed the speed limit.

If it's safe to do so, and done responsibly, 150 km/h is just a fart breeze.

This thread is useless, move on

What's the big fuss?

The only problem is seeing his ass crack

I'm not sure how long you have been riding for but I'd guess not too long or you have a very selective memory.. :) I've been riding for 35 years or so and there have always been riders speeding/stunting. You name it and it has been done, is being done and will be done. There has not been any game over up to now. Can it happen in the future? Sure, but not likely. It really is not all doom and gloom.

Btw, comparing speeding motorcycles to gang wars and bombing is pretty much out there even for one of the GTAM safety clique ... :)

+1 the 80's were the bomb, I road an kawi H3 wheelie monster back then and the chases well lets say "gone in a puff of smoke" LOL.

That wasn't 180, closer to 150.

I'm with you on this. They looked like they were going 407 Commuter Speeds.

Also, is 125 on your dash or GPS? One is more accurate than the other.

On a sport bike 200 feels lik nothing. Feels like 120 on the car

Yea that is not true, 200 feels like 200 on a bike with the wind, can you get there fast sure but it does not feel like 120 on a car.

Yea that is not true, 200 feels like 200 on a bike with the wind, can you get there fast sure but it does not feel like 120 on a car.

Not when you have a big *** fairing, 200 just looks blurrier than 150.

OMG. Those guys were just cruising. And you call them crazies??????

Really?

Why were you going so slow in the middle lane?

These two crazies bombed past me last evening at around 6 pm on the eastbound 401 in Mississauga. I was going at the speed of traffic, about 125 km/h. They must have been going at least 180km/h.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LgQPw_mBsw

if by fairing you mean your *** then sure, I told you to lose weight long time ago.
Not when you have a big *** fairing, 200 just looks blurrier than 150.

I must be sheltered then. Been on the road for 40+ years, and only seen one wheelie. It was on the way to Dover, a few years back. Most riders believe in sharing the road, and maintaining control. There were a lot more vehicles, cars mostly, going 100 miles per hour back in the day, but that has declined substantially.

Been riding since '84 and I've seen all sorts of bad behaviour on the roads. Was even guilty of it myself, back in the day. Speed. Wheelies. Stoppies. High speed lane splitting. Running lights. Running from police. Yup, seen it all.

I've seen cars in the GTA, and I'm not talking Maserati's here, I'm talking pieces of ***** that aren't designed for it, going much faster.

Yet I don't see a bunch of forum threads about them.

My bike is well maintained, and is more than stable over 230 km/h (Shannonville Motorsports Park), actually is governed at 300 but still some left.

I mean come on guys/gals, these machines are DESIGNED to exceed the speed limit.

If it's safe to do so, and done responsibly, 150 km/h is just a fart breeze.

This thread is useless, move on

everything's diff now with what went down this summer, mainly the idiotic swarmings

Been riding since '84 and I've seen all sorts of bad behaviour on the roads. Was even guilty of it myself, back in the day. Speed. Wheelies. Stoppies. High speed lane splitting. Running lights. Running from police. Yup, seen it all.

The takeaway is that a lot of what you think is normal behaviour, isn't from where you were, but who you were with.

Back
Top Bottom