Costco tire road hazard warranty | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Costco tire road hazard warranty

Bump... I have about 40K on the tires and they are used beyond 2/32. They are supposed to have 70K warranty. I have rotation records, and two alignments that were within spec before and after. The tire customer rep said they dont give any tire wear warranty, the warranty is just a indication of thread life.

Is the warranty from Costco or Michelin? Normally tire warranties are provided from the manufacturer, not the retailer. Costco is costco though, so who knows.

If it's Michelin, from https://www.michelin.ca/on/demandwa...dw2b0b8970/pdf/warranty/MIC_OwnerManuel_E.pdf

If the tire treadwear does not reach its mileage warranty a pro rata replacement of the tire may be available under this warranty. For the mileage warranty associated with a specific tire, please see your Michelin tire retailer or visit michelin.ca/promise
In order to maintain the treadwear warranty on your tires, the tires must be rotated every 10,000 to 12,000 km, or as recommended by the vehicle manufacturer, whichever rotation period is less. Failure to rotate the tires as provided herein voids the treadwear warranty.

Is the warranty from Costco or Michelin? Normally tire warranties are provided from the manufacturer, not the retailer. Costco is costco though, so who knows.

If it's Michelin, from https://www.michelin.ca/on/demandwa...dw2b0b8970/pdf/warranty/MIC_OwnerManuel_E.pdf

If the tire treadwear does not reach its mileage warranty a pro rata replacement of the tire may be available under this warranty. For the mileage warranty associated with a specific tire, please see your Michelin tire retailer or visit michelin.ca/promise
In order to maintain the treadwear warranty on your tires, the tires must be rotated every 10,000 to 12,000 km, or as recommended by the vehicle manufacturer, whichever rotation period is less. Failure to rotate the tires as provided herein voids the treadwear warranty.
From what I gathered from the website costco only offers Road Hazard Protection, but Michelin directs the customer to the tire retailer, which is costco, for treadwear warranty.

I wonder if the treadwear was caused by improper balancing? I drove them a whole summer with them imbalanced because of costco's failure to install the wheels properly.

From what I gathered from the website costco only offers Road Hazard Protection, but Michelin directs the customer to the tire retailer, which is costco, for treadwear warranty.

I wonder if the treadwear was caused by improper balancing? I drove them a whole summer with them imbalanced because of costco's failure to install the wheels properly.

Normally, the retailer is the one that processes the warranty claim through the manufacturer, it doesn't come out of their pocket. Some of Costco's products don't have a manufacturer's warranty, only a Costco warranty, no clue if that applies to Michelin tires. I would call Michelin for clarification.

FYI, best case scenario if they do cover it, you will have to buy a new set of Michelin tires at 57% (40k/70k) of the normal price.

Balancing could have caused it, but that's a big maybe

Bump... I have about 40K on the tires and they are used beyond 2/32. They are supposed to have 70K warranty. I have rotation records, and two alignments that were within spec before and after. The tire customer rep said they dont give any tire wear warranty, the warranty is just a indication of thread life.
I would talk to the manager

Which location?
I've only had good interactions with them

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

I would talk to the manager

Which location?
I've only had good interactions with them

I like costco, but the tire shops I dealt with have been terrible. I spent a year trying to get my tires properly installed. They don't keep keys overnight. I have to take a day off work to see the manager during the day.

I went in again with documentation from Michelin. Another rep acknowledged tires have mileage warranty and booked me an appointment. I did not even have to fight it. This inconsistency is absurd.

I like costco, but the tire shops I dealt with have been terrible. I spent a year trying to get my tires properly installed. They don't keep keys overnight. I have to take a day off work to see the manager during the day.

I went in again with documentation from Michelin. Another rep acknowledged tires have mileage warranty and booked me an appointment. I did not even have to fight it. This inconsistency is absurd.
Well I'm glad that it worked out in the end.

Well I'm glad that it worked out in the end.

We will see how the manager deals with the problem. DemonPig helped me out a bunch through pm with my initial issue. Too bad he does not come around anymore. I never went to his costco, but he is very knowledgeable.

Back
Top Bottom