Consumer Rights? | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Consumer Rights?

Meh....when I'm 70 I'm not going to enjoy the things I can enjoy now as much....life is short. That's the way I look at things. Having said that...I'm not financially irresponsible and have a good pension going...but I'm not averse to financing a bike if I feel I can comfortably make the payments.

Yup, don't have any kids I need to leave anything to:)

Yup, don't have any kids I need to leave anything to:)
Daddy? ?

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

Even 0% is a suckers deal because the price you pay will be hopped up to "pay for" the 0% financing.

My car offer no incentives for paying all out. Same price. I even asked the salesman

Putting a deposit down? Take a trustworthy and financially savvy friend

This is a very disconcerting thread, but an important one that everyone should read. If you don't know you'll learn. If you do know you help others learn. We covered dealer trickery and financing, important topics for everyone. Unfortunately some lessons are learned the hard way.

OP, please, please, never go to a dealer and put down any money unless accompanied by someone (friend, relative) you trust that can kick your ***. Dealers do this for a living and will out-trick you every time. Even experienced buyers can still get tricked. Friends and relatives are there for a reason. When they are beating you down, please listen to them, as their advice is in your best interests. Do not trust any dealer, do not assume anything financial, check out the dealership online to see if they are good to deal with. Buying a car at a dealership is like swimming with sharks with raw herring wrapped around your waist. There is a reason dealership elicit so many consumer complaints. As old as humanity, there are so many sales tricks that consumers can and do fall into.

There is no real reason to put a deposit down on an everyday, regular vehicle... Sure, on something that is rare, exotic or such.... but not on a common item.

I just bought a Honda 6MT econobox. Manual transmission cars are somewhat rare now and dealers simply never order them. I had to put down a deposit for the order. This was after all the financials were completed. Four weeks later I picked up the car and paid the balance. Without the deposit I would have never been able to buy the car. Sometimes deposits are required.

I, too, do not to advise anyone to borrow a loan for a bike. If you don't have the cash in hand, don't buy it. If you must finance it then it is almost always cheaper and safer to go to your local bank and get a pre-authorized loan. The risk is much less because you take the financial equation out of the dealer discussion. The bank and not the dealer will check your credit. There is no charge and no trickery. You can always not exercise the bank's loan offer.

Last edited:
And I'd like to know where you have investments earning 13.5%...because even my blue chip stuff isn't earning anywhere near that right now. If it's high risk however, as one would have to assume it is...don't worry about it though. ;)

To the OP: Hope it works out for you. It's a pretty tough go since you'd signed the papers. Expensive lesson no doubt. I don't want to discourage you, but the small claims court route can be frustrating. I know sometimes it's about the principles, and it's only you who can decide if it's worth it.

With numbers like 13.5%, my guess is real estate - lots of things you can invest in that industry besides the typical buy & sell flippers. Stocks you really need to know what you are doing and stay on top of the market. And forget about mutual funds all together, as the majority of the total amount invested is made up by your own contribution. When was the last time you heard someone got rich off mutual funds?

To the OP: Hope it works out for you. It's a pretty tough go since you'd signed the papers. Expensive lesson no doubt. I don't want to discourage you, but the small claims court route can be frustrating. I know sometimes it's about the principles, and it's only you who can decide if it's worth it.

With numbers like 13.5%, my guess is real estate - lots of things you can invest in that industry besides the typical buy & sell flippers. Stocks you really need to know what you are doing and stay on top of the market. And forget about mutual funds all together, as the majority of the total amount invested is made up by your own contribution. When was the last time you heard someone got rich off mutual funds?

Mutual funds is a method for the 1% to suck dry out of slaves.

Most of your earnings will be gone as "management fee". Someone plays with your money at no risk while getting paid for it....

Every time the minimum wage debate comes up, i keep shaking my head as to why the general public is so blind to see whats happening. Only the top of the food chain set the rules and we play by it.

I just hope in my life time, this whole monetary system will explode so i can witness the collapse.

Last edited:
My car offer no incentives for paying all out. Same price. I even asked the salesman

I think Meme meant that the cost of the 0% financing was added to the overall price of the car, upfront. That makes more sense. They're not in the business of giving things away for free.

S&P index funds have returned double digit results since 08/09 and relatively strong. (20%+) That's with a somewhat conservatively balanced portfolio.

Kia and Hyundai are like that

I think Meme meant that the cost of the 0% financing was added to the overall price of the car, upfront. That makes more sense. They're not in the business of giving things away for free.

Yes, but some dealerships will have a cash discounted price. Hyundai and Kia would not give a better price when paying all cash when we were looking.

Hyundai did with me. $2000 difference paying cash than 0% financing.

2011 Santa Fe bought in fall of 2011

Bastards!

Boobies?

I'm kinda a hard *** when it comes to my money (I use coupons and ****). One bit of advice I've learned from guys I know that sell cars is go to dealership and make my deal, no hubby. They've explained it as having someone there is like showing them your poker face, even the smallest comments or conversations they can note and play on.

Boobies?

I'm kinda a hard *** when it comes to my money (I use coupons and ****). One bit of advice I've learned from guys I know that sell cars is go to dealership and make my deal, no hubby. They've explained it as having someone there is like showing them your poker face, even the smallest comments or conversations they can note and play on.
Maybe. But I have boobs too. Man boobs, but still. ?
Don't even get me started on coupons! Reebee, Flipp, Checkout 51... I don't pay full price.

Maybe. But I have boobs too. Man boobs, but still. 
Don't even get me started on coupons! Reebee, Flipp, Checkout 51... I don't pay full price.

Poor people should use coupons to become less poor over time or work overtime to become less poor.

Poor people should use coupons to become less poor over time or work overtime to become less poor.
I do all of the above; poor me.

Moobies! They rock too

I work OT also, but for me time off is better than money so I take it in hours. Government can't tax that.

Toyota did the same for me... 0% financing but paying cash had a $2000 'cash incentive', and since I don't know of the secure 13%/a investment deal I just paid cash.

Back
Top Bottom