Communicators...again | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Communicators...again

Agree about the B4FM. 3 of my friends and I all use them. For my purpose it's perfect. I listen to music and take phone calls/talk to other people with the unit and it works just fine.

One important feature that some don't have is being able to charge while in use. My Sena 20S does, I think the high end Cardo does as well.
Cardo freecom can as well. Not one of their high end units.

I wanted something low profile and unobtrusive, so initially tried a Cardo Packtalk Slim, but it wouldn't fit over the neck roll on my Shark Spartan helmet. So I returned it and got the Sena 10R instead, and it's been great. The Shark has a small pocket under the rear neckroll for their own Sharktooth system, but it fits the 10R battery just fine. That leaves just a slim communicator on the outside of the helmet, easy peasy:

20210624_222042 small.jpg

I've never used it as a communicator, but it works great for brief phone calls, with most being totally unaware I'm on a bike. Audio quality for music is middling at best, but I'm picky about that stuff. I just picked up a set of EarPeace plugs to see if I can find something with more balance.

It uses Google Assistant via my phone, both connected to the bike, so I can long press the button on the handlebars and reply to texts, ask to play specific music (I use Tidal, wasted on this headset), control maps ('find nearest gas station' is particularly useful on the Tuono), share my location, etc. I've never run the battery dead in a day, but I'd guess it'll last about 8 hours with fairly heavy use. My phone, on the other hand, would die in about an hour with maps going, Bluetooth audio, and max screen brightness. I bought the official Aprilia USB port, problem solved.

It's not the cheapest system, but it's not crazy expensive and I'm quite happy...

Back
Top Bottom