clown country | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

clown country

Now accepting applications for Canadian Patriots.
U.S. Sympathisers need not apply.

Violent crime rates
I’ve never felt like violent crime was an issue when living or working in the USA. It’s pretty much like here… hang out Burlington and it’s not on your mind, shuffle west 3 km to the bowels of the Hammer and you’re in a different world.

WhenI lived Manhattan beach, crime was near zero, shuffle a few km west into Compton and you find a different world.

Most violent crime is bad guy on bad guy.

I’ve never felt like violent crime was an issue when living or working in the USA. It’s pretty much like here… hang out Burlington and it’s not on your mind, shuffle west 3 km to the bowels of the Hammer and you’re in a different world.

WhenI lived Manhattan beach, crime was near zero, shuffle a few km west into Compton and you find a different world.

Most violent crime is bad guy on bad guy.
Grew up just outside D.C., back when it was the murder capital of NA. Dad would see the SWAT teams loadup a few times a day from his window at the Embassy..just a few steps from the Capitol Building.

Of course, where we actually lived in VA (20 minutes away) you didn't hear/see a peep. Probably because the entire community was where all the Feds from Langley lived.

Now take the subway in Toronto, or park a nice car in your driveway

Now try taking public transit in Chicago or Atlanta!

Yes, we are currently having a problem with auto theft, but this normally (as long as the cars are being taken from the driveway without anybody in them) doesn't count as "violent crime". And there are car thieves in the USA, too.

Grew up just outside D.C., back when it was the murder capital of NA. Dad would see the SWAT teams loadup a few times a day from his window at the Embassy..just a few steps from the Capitol Building.

Of course, where we actually lived in VA (20 minutes away) you didn't hear/see a peep. Probably because the entire community was where all the Feds from Langley lived.
I spent a few days exploring the Mall in DC but stayed in Maryland. The Mall was safe but a few blocks away not so much. Mall and Smithstonian were great.

I spent a few days exploring the Mall in DC but stayed in Maryland. The Mall was safe but a few blocks away not so much. Mall and Smithstonian were great.
indeed.

DC was so bizarre. Walking around in all decent middle class housing then cross the street and it was like end of days dystopia; bars on the windows and doors burnt out shells of buildings that should have been torn down years ago, etc.

Yes, we are currently having a problem with auto theft, but this normally (as long as the cars are being taken from the driveway without anybody in them) doesn't count as "violent crime". And there are car thieves in the USA, too.
A lot of related breaking and entering too

Being hijacked wouldn't be fun and isn't rare. If you get run over in the process it's tough luck on you.

Again, we have parallels. Public transit in NYC, Toronto, San Francisco , or Montreal are comparibly safe.

Chicago and Atlanta are a mixed bag, trains are safe, busses a little less so. Kinda like Calgary, Winnipeg,

Want some real fun? Hop on public transit in Thunder Bay, downtown Winnipeg or Calgary. Grab a coffee in the Hamilton main bus station.

I know lots of young women who will not use the TTC out of fear, my daughter included. Over the last 5 years, more than 1/2 the riders on every major transit system in Canada feel unsafe. That sad considering the amount of funding that goes into public transit.

Again, we have parallels. Public transit in NYC, Toronto, San Francisco , or Montreal are comparibly safe.

Chicago and Atlanta are a mixed bag, trains are safe, busses a little less so. Kinda like Calgary, Winnipeg,

Want some real fun? Hop on public transit in Thunder Bay, downtown Winnipeg or Calgary. Grab a coffee in the Hamilton main bus station.

I know lots of young women who will not use the TTC out of fear, my daughter included. Over the last 5 years, more than 1/2 the riders on every major transit system in Canada feel unsafe. That sad considering the amount of funding that goes into public transit.
I've only been on TTC once in the past 10 years or so. In every subway station you had to navigate through handfuls of people nodding. Not a good situation at all. TTC/police made no apparent effort to clear out people that were obviously not using transit.

I've only been on TTC once in the past 10 years or so. In every subway station you had to navigate through handfuls of people nodding. Not a good situation at all. TTC/police made no apparent effort to clear out people that were obviously not using transit.
have 0 issues with people nodding, its the random crazy homeless drug addict having a meltdown in a moving train thats a bit sketch.

Your boy can defend himself but I feel for the lone women travelling at night.

… hang out Burlington and it’s not on your mind, shuffle west 3 km to the bowels of the Hammer and you’re in a different world.

Anecdotal evidence is a funny thing. Had a long chat with a jeweller who I bought a vintage watch from on Brant St in Burlington. He'd moved there from Ottawa St in Hamilton (notorious East End), and said he had 10x as many issues with attempted robberies and violence in Burlington than he ever did in Hamilton...

Catholic school board - rewiring how kids think... :unsure:
hey...I teach in a Catholic school...be nice 😇

@crankcall agreed, it's ludicrous and won't go anywhere...waste of money...

we got a survey from our director the other day asking us for input on next year's budget...everyone I spoke to including myself suggested getting rid of at least half the superintendents (the last time I saw ours was November) as well as cut down the course-specific consultants in half...then hire more teachers and cut class sizes (right now our FDK classes for next year are set at 34, with grades 4-8 around the 30 mark)

we got a survey from our director the other day asking us for input on next year's budget...everyone I spoke to including myself suggested getting rid of at least half the superintendents (the last time I saw ours was November) as well as cut down the course-specific consultants in half...then hire more teachers and cut class sizes (right now our FDK classes for next year are set at 34, with grades 4-8 around the 30 mark)
I'm always nice, but you'd have to be pretty naive to not see just a little hypocrisy in this... Referring to the lawsuit, not your comment.

Kids with too much screen time? Who bought the screen and pays for the internet?

Kids with too much screen time? Who bought the screen and pays for the internet?
I don’t know why phones don’t have some simple parental controls.

If the person paying for the phone could control the phone settings, you could make parents responsible for more than complaining.

Back
Top Bottom