Clayton Rivet death and Questions Swirl around SIU investigation. | Page 42 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Clayton Rivet death and Questions Swirl around SIU investigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Claton Rivert death and Questions Swirl around SIU investigation.

Lastly, a correction you are not a "witness" a witness is someone who actually viewed the incident. You provided a "background statement".

Please feel free to forward YOUR correction to the SIU as their media release stated "Four witness officers and seven civilian witnesses were interviewed."

Eleven people were not standing on the side of the highway that night.

Please feel free to forward YOUR correction to the SIU as their media release stated "Four witness officers and seven civilian witnesses were interviewed."

Eleven people were not standing on the side of the highway that night.

:laughing3:

Funny how the same accident just happened up the road and what do you know the driver is being charged

The driver of the Camry faces a maximum sentence of six months in jail.

The 21-year-old driver was also charged with start from stop, not with safety.

21 year-old Georgina woman has been charged with careless driving

God damn if the situation was reversed , it would be different.
the cop got a get out of jail free card for carelessly ending someone's life. While the driver in this situation , gets charged and jailed.

Was the motorcyclist in this crash doing 160kph? If so, then you have a point....

Funny how the same accident just happened up the road and what do you know the driver is being charged

The driver of the Camry faces a maximum sentence of six months in jail.

The 21-year-old driver was also charged with start from stop, not with safety.

21 year-old Georgina woman has been charged with careless driving

God damn if the situation was reversed , it would be different.
the cop got a get out of jail free card for carelessly ending someone's life. While the driver in this situation , gets charged and jailed.

Speed is irrelevant, the photos clearly show it is an UNSAFE place to make a u turn.
This decision to make a u turn at an unsafe location , caused the death of 2 people.
One from a cop
on from a civilian

One gets charged, one doesn't

So apart from simply the sort of incident, are there any other similarities? This second incident occurred in the afternoon, not late at night, so presumably visibility wasn't an issue. Speed was not stated to be an issue. Presumably the construction isn't the same as it was at the time. What was the weather like?

Last edited:
So apart from simply the sort of incident, are there any other similarities? This second incident occurred in the afternoon, not late at night, so presumably visibility wasn't an issue. Speed was not stated to be an issue. Presumably the construction isn't the same as it was at the time. What was the weather like?

I wouldn't use "simply the sort of incident" as a reference to the similarity. It was a car making a Uturn in front of a motorcycle. The movements of the vehicles are very similar.

We can talk about visibility and conditions all we like, but the way I see it, all the conditions that would have made the Uturn difficult to perform safely show that the officer was acting unreasonably.

The bike is 100 times easier to see and hear at night. Going the speed it was would make it easier to hear, and the cop was at idle before turning into him. You ever not hear a bike ripping while your sitting at idle? Nope.
rob, you hate to admit your wrong, you will completely beat this thread to death before admitting your wrong.
If this was one of your loved ones you would be on here defending the cop? Lol of corse not. We all know there is too many politics involved in convicting the officer, it would presumably snowball into a lot of other cases being reopened, news reports (because media loves that crap) and the whole department looking like unthoughtfull poorly trained cops.
Which in my opinion is why it was ruled the way it was. It's a corrupt selfish sad world we live in

please feel free to forward your correction to the siu as their media release stated "four witness officers and seven civilian witnesses were interviewed."

eleven people were not standing on the side of the highway that night.

lawl

The bike is 100 times easier to see and hear at night. Going the speed it was would make it easier to hear, and the cop was at idle before turning into him. You ever not hear a bike ripping while your sitting at idle? Nope.
rob, you hate to admit your wrong, you will completely beat this thread to death before admitting your wrong.
If this was one of your loved ones you would be on here defending the cop? Lol of corse not. We all know there is too many politics involved in convicting the officer, it would presumably snowball into a lot of other cases being reopened, news reports (because media loves that crap) and the whole department looking like unthoughtfull poorly trained cops.
Which in my opinion is why it was ruled the way it was. It's a corrupt selfish sad world we live in

Sure Rob's posts will bother us some, but in reality he is helping to keep us in check and focused. He never said that he believes what happened that night was right. He is just offering us a solid voice based on facts and the law as he sees it. I actually have great appreciation for his input.

I wouldn't use "simply the sort of incident" as a reference to the similarity. It was a car making a Uturn in front of a motorcycle. The movements of the vehicles are very similar.

We can talk about visibility and conditions all we like, but the way I see it, all the conditions that would have made the Uturn difficult to perform safely show that the officer was acting unreasonably.

We're dealing with two different situations, with vastly different conditions. At night a motorcycle is merely a single point of light, at indeterminate distance. During the day it's possible to see the bike, itself, if the headlight isn't overly bight (as in high beam or HID). Create all the false equivalency you like. I'm out.

Rob, have you seen the photos? Can you tell me if your sitting at IDLE, you can't hear or see a bike coming down the road speeding ? Even with the windows up, he was doing 160 (so they say) how can anyone NOT hear the bike ?
Anyone can clearly hear a sportbike coming down any road at 160kph especially at night where things are quieter.
Just my opinion based on a thing called common sense.

There was also some information not offerred to the public in the SIU media release that I feel should have been inlcuded. It is shady to me that they neglected to consider it important enough to share.

They believed that a civilian woman's thoughts were important enough to include when they said "A civilian witness’ evidence gives us some sense of this possibility when she recounts that the motorcycle could not be seen in her rear view mirror when she checked it 30 seconds before it passed her at high speed without any warning."

What they didn't tell us is that there was another officer on the same road also responding to the suspicious vehicle call. Clay had passed that officer before riding on the overpass. This officer noticed Clay's speed and decided not to persue. The officer that Clay had passed just prior was in communication with the officer in the Crown Vic. The conversation is not known, but I highly doubt that Clay was not part of the communication, and I also doubt that the officer in the Crown Vic was not made aware of the speeding motorcycle quickly approaching from the West.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom