Chrome Plating | GTAMotorcycle.com

Chrome Plating

Baironhorse

Would like to get exhaust chromed. It's hard to find aftermarket so plating is only option. Anyone know any shops in gta that does this? Also anyone know ball park cost? It's one two into one header and small section of y pipe. A search on this forum turned up empty. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

It's not going to be cost-effective to rechrome the exhaust. Cost will be about twice what the pipe costs new because they have to strip off the old plating and repair any damage to the surface before the chroming process; labour is expensive. Unless this is a hard-to-get vintage part, you are probably better off continuing to look around.
Two possible chroming companies.

Automatic Coatings in Scarborough.
-------------------
Cambridge Custom Chrome Ltd.
10 Clemens Ave, CAMBRIDGE, Ontario
Telephone: (519) 658-6681

You might want to consider ceramic coating instead. It is cheaper and more durable. It also can come in a chrome-like finish called ChromeX.
db_file_img_2162_575xauto.jpg

Possible ceramic coatings firm
HTC High Tech Coatings
888-225-8648.
2256 County Rd 31, Ruscom ON N0R 1R0.

Last edited:
Is that pic of a ceramic chrome x cause if it is that looks good. I will settle for that. Does ChromeX come in different tints?
Ya I tried finding a pipe and can't find new parts and all used ones I came across look like crapp. Your thoughts con ceramic costs etc. I did some research and yes chrome is expensive. Just don't want to pipe wrap them as that is not the right look for my application.
It's not going to be cost-effective to rechrome the exhaust. Cost will be about twice what the pipe costs new because they have to strip off the old plating and repair any damage to the surface before the chroming process; labour is expensive. Unless this is a hard-to-get vintage part, you are probably better off continuing to look around.
Two possible chroming companies.

Automatic Coatings in Scarborough.
-------------------
Cambridge Custom Chrome Ltd.
10 Clemens Ave, CAMBRIDGE, Ontario
Telephone: (519) 658-6681

You might want to consider ceramic coating instead. It is cheaper and more durable. It also can come in a chrome-like finish called ChromeX.
db_file_img_2162_575xauto.jpg

Possible ceramic coatings firm
HTC High Tech Coatings
888-225-8648.
2256 County Rd 31, Ruscom ON N0R 1R0.

Extremely unlikely that anyone will chrome plate a used exhaust. All the oil and carbon inside the pipes will mess up their tanks. What bike is it for?

Back
Top Bottom