Child struck | GTAMotorcycle.com

Child struck

hedo2002

Site Supporter
Just heard the report on talk radio 1010. Police are looking for a group of motorcyclists, after a 8 year old boy crossing the road IN a marked crosswalk with his family was struck. Police said a group of motorcyclists approached the crosswalk and one of them went through wthout stopping and struck the child. The entire group then took off, failing to stop to see if the child was injured.

This takes a special kind of mentality.

Are you surprised? People on here rationalize running from the police when involved in minor traffic offense. Do your really think they would stick around when involved in a accident with pedestrians?

Pedestrians can't even chase yo!

In my head I'm thinking "Sport Bikers".

Found the CP24 article, doesnt help if police havent released description of the bikers.. dont know if they are a gang of cafe racers, SOA wannabes or biker boyz...

Police are looking for a pack of motorcyclists after one of them struck an eight-year-old boy in a crosswalk in the city’s west end on Friday night and then kept on going.
According to police, a family was crossing Roncesvalles Avenue in a marked pedestrian crossing at Marmaduke Street at around 8:45 p.m. when a southbound group of motorcycles approached the sidewalk.
Police say the first motorcycle came to a stop but one of the other motorcycles passed him and entered the crosswalk, striking the eight-year-old boy.
The motorcycles then fled the area.
The victim was taken to hospital with minor injuries, where he was treated and released.
Police have not released any descriptions of the motorcyclists.

http://www.cp24.com/news/police-loo...ght-year-old-injured-in-hit-and-run-1.2538885

Are you surprised? People on here rationalize running from the police when involved in minor traffic offense. Do your really think they would stick around when involved in a accident with pedestrians?

Pedestrians can't even chase yo!

Not surprised, anyone of the group could have stopped and played the old... "no idea who that was we were riding and all of a sudden this stranger on a bike passes us and hits this kid and takes off." Hopefully none of them will reproduce, or if they have already, will think what would I want to happen if that was my kid that was hit.

Cops are likely scanning video cameras aong the route the riders took. They might get lucky and get a plate number. What would have likely been a $110 fine, will now be a LOT worst for the rider if he/she is apprehended.

Wow... SMH!

What is the going punishment for a H&R... ?

Not surprised, anyone of the group could have stopped and played the old... "no idea who that was we were riding and all of a sudden this stranger on a bike passes us and hits this kid and takes off." Hopefully none of them will reproduce, or if they have already, will think what would I want to happen if that was my kid that was hit.

Cops are likely scanning video cameras aong the route the riders took. They might get lucky and get a plate number. What would have likely been a $110 fine, will now be a LOT worst for the rider if he/she is apprehended.
If they get video and have an idea on the group but no plates (highly unlikely they will get plates from most security cams) would they hang around that area in the future in the hope to see that group again?

I hope they catch them.

Roncesvalles is a pedestrian-friendly, community-minded street. I imagine there are 27 locals lining up to give their witness statements. I predict the next update will be motorcyclist in custody, and that by end of today. The knock on the door is coming lads...

Edit: custody by noon. Just checked the exact location: restaurants and bars all over. That block would have been packed with the type of righteous folk who like to get involved.

Last edited:
Roncesvalles is a pedestrian-friendly, community-minded street. I imagine there are 27 locals lining up to give their witness statements. I predict the next update will be motorcyclist in custody, and that by end of today. The knock on the door is coming lads...
And all just as guilty for not stopping to help!!!

And all just as guilty for not stopping to help!!!

They will probably all be charged with Failure to Remain...

Just heard the report on talk radio 1010. Police are looking for a group of motorcyclists, after a 8 year old boy crossing the road IN a marked crosswalk with his family was struck. Police said a group of motorcyclists approached the crosswalk and one of them went through wthout stopping and struck the child. The entire group then took off, failing to stop to see if the child was injured.

This takes a special kind of mentality.

A GROUP of motorcycles, and NOT ONE did the right thing? That speaks very badly of motorcycle "enthusiast" culture as a whole.

I bet they were all worried their moms might ground them if they got in trouble. **** this group of bikers.

A GROUP of motorcycles, and NOT ONE did the right thing? That speaks very badly of motorcycle "enthusiast" culture as a whole.
I willing to bet these are the doosh vest, gixxr rider, biker boyz type of riders.

I willing to bet these are the doosh vest, gixxr rider, biker boyz type of riders.

We know it wasen't the leather wearing loud pipe pirate crowd. The kid would have heard them coming

LPSL

They will probably all be charged with Failure to Remain...

The only rider who can be charged with Fail to remain would be the rider who was involved in the actual collision with the boy. While a case can be made that morally and ethically the others should remain on the scene and render assistance, they have no legal requirement to do so.

The only rider who can be charged with Fail to remain would be the rider who was involved in the actual collision with the boy. While a case can be made that morally and ethically the others should remain on the scene and render assistance, they have no legal requirement to do so.

Curious why, then, the police are looking "for a pack of motorcyclists". Could they be legally required to reveal the identity of the rider that hit the child?

Glad to see that the little guy only had minor injuries (as opposed to how serious it could have been...)

This reminds me when I was 5-6 years old & some ********* run me over with a bicycle. I still have the scar on my face to this day. He just keep riding

If they all manage to keep their mouths shut, finally, we will see a conspiracy that's not all theory. Hope everybody has a great weekend.

We should have a poll on who everyone thinks they are. Sport bikers, pirates, touring grannies, or foreign spoiled brats from Rich Hill.

This had to be a pack of 'young punks'. Anybody old enough to have a kid would have stopped and stayed no matter the consequences. You cant just watch a kid get hit and then take off, especially if you have one.

But why am I not surprised. They are all probably laughing about it now. 'We got away!!!!'

Back
Top Bottom