Chat Bout! - New Wednesday weekly hang out! | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Chat Bout! - New Wednesday weekly hang out!

Just walked from my house wearing my mesh jacket and helmet in hand.

Funny thing is, prior to this thread, I'd never even really noticed their store. I usually stick to the south side of eglinton (raps and mainshas and spences etc).

Ordered one jerk chicken and one bbq chicken. They actually give you a lot of chicken! As in it covers all of the rice, instead of just half of it etc. They give you roughly the same amount of rice as Toonie Teusday deals along eglinton, but the portion of chicken is definitely bigger! I got a big thigh and drumstick in each one.

It was really good, so good that I'll probably start going to Chat Bout instead of the other carribean places on eglinton. Definately gets my approval.

Good job Strictlye! We owe you one!

No prob, I only really eat from that spot on Eglington. The portion size is more than fair. All the owner asks is that we park the bikes in the front.

Just walked from my house wearing my mesh jacket and helmet in hand.

Funny thing is, prior to this thread, I'd never even really noticed their store. I usually stick to the south side of eglinton (raps and mainshas and spences etc).

Ordered one jerk chicken and one bbq chicken. They actually give you a lot of chicken! As in it covers all of the rice, instead of just half of it etc. They give you roughly the same amount of rice as Toonie Teusday deals along eglinton, but the portion of chicken is definitely bigger! I got a big thigh and drumstick in each one.

It was really good, so good that I'll probably start going to Chat Bout instead of the other carribean places on eglinton. Definately gets my approval.

Good job Strictlye! We owe you one!

oh my lord I am horny for some chicken

i actaully just went there today at around 1:30pm to 2pm with 3 other bike buddies.

3 of us got the jerk chicken and 1 got curry. definitely good stuff! good portion and great taste! nice little kick of spice w/ the jerk for sure!

we all got bottled drinks and it only cost 4 bucks all in for drink + the deal!

would definitely go there again!

omfg....THANK YOU OP FOR THIS DEAL!

rode down with Goldie, Magoo and saw Holmes and met with tornique

Came home about 15 mins ago....

Amazing price and food was AWESOME! Great portions! The container may look small but it will fill you up!

mmmm can't wait for next week! lol! Going to be my weekly fix unless the weather is bad.

Owner was cool too!

Of course as soon as I get ready to hop on my bike and ride down there it starts to rain. Thats 2 weeks in a row now. Praying that next week will be dry and sunny. Mind you I don't wait until tuesdays or wednesdays to eat from there since the food is so good and cheap but still.

Oh and if you didn't notice, on Tuesdays the $2.50 deal is for everyone and every other day of the week its only $5. I much rather eat chicken rice and salad for $5 than McDonalds for $7

Last edited:
**** it was good... I bought extra that I'm 'bout to throw in the microwave now

**** it was good... I bought extra that I'm 'bout to throw in the microwave now

surprised you actually didn't eat it last night lol

Glad you enjoyed it. I love food and I will only buy food from places that the same ethnicity of people will buy from.

ex. I like to buy chinese food from a chinese mall like pacific mall, Jamaican food from Eglinton "lickle Jamaica", Indian food from Malton/Brampton....well you get it.

So many of these restaurants sell food that their own people wont eat from. When I'm downtown I often hear how good a specific west indian/caribbean resaturant is and then when I try the food it tastes like crap. But my co workers think its "exotic" not realizing what the meal is suppose to taste like.

I can say that with Chat Bout the food tastes the way it is supposed to taste. Oh and Jamaicans don't normally cook roti so don't ask for it, however I know a wicked roti shop too that my friend (Guyanese) owns.

Gonna have to try this place it out, I have yet to taste any jerk from GTA that actually tastes anything like the jerk I eat in Jamaica...Rice n peas is rice and peas but the Chicken never tastes rite, if I had to guess its because most places dont have real charcoal BBQ's to give that real Jamaican road side jerk stand taste...

PS anyone know where to get some conch, Im hooked on curry conch with water crackers!

Last edited:
Gonna have to try this place it out, I have yet to taste any jerk from GTA that actually tastes anything like the jerk I eat in Jamaica...Rice n peas is rice and peas but the Chicken never tastes rite, if I had to guess its because most places dont have real charcoal BBQ's to give that real Jamaican road side jerk stand taste...

PS anyone know where to get some conch, Im hooked on curry conch with water crackers!

haha, Johnny, Go to Eglington and Oakwood/Allen anytime after 10pm and there will be 3-5 shops that are jerking or bbqing chicken on charcoal drums outside until about 5am, music will be blasting and the block will be live, you will think you are in JA.

Its going to be hard to find conch since I believe they banned it here. You may be able to find it at the park (Eglington Flats). They often sell food out of the vans there during the summer months (similar to how they sell it after clubs). My uncle is the fish man there, he sells the steamed fish and water crackers at the park. He cooks it on a coal bbq at the park after preparing it at home. If you really want conch I can ask around and I can pretty much guarantee I can get it for you.

haha, Johnny, Go to Eglington and Oakwood/Allen anytime after 10pm and there will be 3-5 shops that are jerking or bbqing chicken on charcoal drums outside until about 5am, music will be blasting and the block will be live, you will think you are in JA.

Its going to be hard to find conch since I believe they banned it here. You may be able to find it at the park (Eglington Flats). They often sell food out of the vans there during the summer months (similar to how they sell it after clubs). My uncle is the fish man there, he sells the steamed fish and water crackers at the park. He cooks it on a coal bbq at the park after preparing it at home. If you really want conch I can ask around and I can pretty much guarantee I can get it for you.

Banned? why would they ban it....

Yeah man let me know if you find some, I never thought Id eat a shell fish/snail....But I fell in love with it! Drunk and was handed a plate, found out after its a snail from a sea shell..."umm this is good what is it?" lol

not sure if its banned or just tight gov't restrictions. I sent you an article on it. I read today that BC banned buying/selling/consuming Shark Fin! Not sure why the gov't can tell you what you can and cant eat but they did. Asian people eat a lot of Shark Fin and Trinis like their shark as well. I don't eat the stuff so it doesn't bother me, but I do miss my conch.

not sure if its banned or just tight gov't restrictions. I sent you an article on it. I read today that BC banned buying/selling/consuming Shark Fin! Not sure why the gov't can tell you what you can and cant eat but they did. Asian people eat a lot of Shark Fin and Trinis like their shark as well. I don't eat the stuff so it doesn't bother me, but I do miss my conch.

I gotta agree with banning shark fin.. that **** aint right. If you're hunting an animal you damn well better kill it, not fcuking injure it and let it free. Plus shark fin doesnt have a distinctive flavour (so I hear, I refuse to eat it) and any flavour comes from it being seasoned.

Thank you OP! :p

Spoke with the Owner too!
A great guy that is really looking forward to more bikes joining!!!

Even tho UJelly & I got caught in the rain back to the East side, I didn't regret going at all!

this is going to last for a long time, hell yeassss!!!!!
i will pass the word for non forum people.

nomnomnomnomnom

tonight Burritoz..

tomorrow jerk Chicken! :D

Me cnote and Stigz went there on Sunday in the cage and got a family meal (**** ton of rice and beans, Mac n cheese, 5 chicken legs and thighs plus an extra) for $20. Even if you don't have your bike or it's not wensday it's still worth going.

Back
Top Bottom