Cbr 250rr!!!!!! | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Cbr 250rr!!!!!!

from cycle world:
Cycle World spies tell me the wee-BR will make 38 horsepower, 16.96 ft.-lbs. of torque, hit peak power over 12,000 rpm, weigh 340 pounds dry, and sit on a 140 rear and 110 front tire.

"one heart"? ....more like "one fart"

Last edited:
Looks like a farkled out Ninja 300 :confused:

Doesn't say the power output. surely not enough to require 3 power mods LOL

yeah lol 3 power modes for a beginner 250...(It makes enough power for a 300cc)

I wonder if it will have upright ergos that newbies like or is it gonna go aggressive Rc390 style...since you know..its "RR"

Nice looking. But... hugely uncomfortable, surely gets less than impressive fuel mileage, and can only seriously be ridden for short distances on a twisty road or track. Pretty useless.

^ and you people have ridden this? Or is it simply that it doesn't look like a H-D couch on wheels that you make that judgment?

Link to the abovementioned Cycle World article. http://www.cycleworld.com/2017-honda-cbr250rr-is-here-and-its-beautiful

I don't get the hate for this. It's a competitor for the Ninja 300, which Kawasaki sells in large numbers, so why should Honda not make a similar bike and have a few features that the Kawasaki doesn't? People complained about the single-cylinder cbr250 because it was a single, and Yamaha made theirs a twin ... so Honda made a twin. You can rest assured that a 4 cylinder engine in this class is off the table. If they did that, then people would be complaining about the cost!

110/140 tire sizing is about right for this segment. 17 lb.ft of torque at 12,000 rpm works out to 38 horsepower and it's about right for this engine size.

A stock Ninja 300 makes about 34 horsepower to the rear wheel at slightly lower revs.

Not only that, but a horsepower war is really the last thing we need in this segment. It's great that these are generally bikes you can live with, but their primary purpose is to get people started

The European horsepower limit on their mid-level licensing class puts an upper bound on the one-upmanship and I think it is a good thing, too. Personally I think the 250cc bikes should have stayed 250cc and not gone to 300, or 320, or 390 (which is really a 375). (FWIW there are two other versions of the KTM RC390 with smaller engines - one of them is 125cc and the other one is 250-ish. Same bike different engine)

If they can't have a horsepower war then it ends up being a weight, styling, and features war instead. And that's OK.

i'll probably be getting one after the first model year has been beta tested by the early adopters

The European horsepower limit on their mid-level licensing class puts an upper bound on the one-upmanship and I think it is a good thing, too. Personally I think the 250cc bikes should have stayed 250cc and not gone to 300, or 320, or 390 (which is really a 375). (FWIW there are two other versions of the KTM RC390 with smaller engines - one of them is 125cc and the other one is 250-ish. Same bike different engine)

If they can't have a horsepower war then it ends up being a weight, styling, and features war instead. And that's OK.

indian article says theres already a 350cc version in the pipeline

Not only that, but a horsepower war is really the last thing we need in this segment. It's great that these are generally bikes you can live with, but their primary purpose is to get people started

On the contrary, I think a HP war would be awesome in this segment - in RR spec from each of the manufacturers. Leave the "regular" 300's alone as they are, but create something between the current 300's and 600 SS's. With the 600's looking like they're gonna go the way of the dinosaur at this rate, would be nice if they started something new inbetween. So keep the small size of the 300's and drop an engine that'll put down 50+hp at the rear wheel.

On the contrary, I think a HP war would be awesome in this segment - in RR spec from each of the manufacturers.

There might be some interest in this... but it'll never happen. You could probably get halfway there by dumping an extra 5 grand into one of these bikes

I wonder why they wouldn't stick the 300 into it. If I had seen that when I was looking for my first bike I still would have gone with the Ninja 300. The extra 50cc makes a difference on these small bikes.

Put the 300 in it and I would have bought it in a heartbeat

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

^ and you people have ridden this? Or is it simply that it doesn't look like a H-D couch on wheels that you make that judgment?

Link to the abovementioned Cycle World article. http://www.cycleworld.com/2017-honda-cbr250rr-is-here-and-its-beautiful

I don't get the hate for this. It's a competitor for the Ninja 300, which Kawasaki sells in large numbers, so why should Honda not make a similar bike and have a few features that the Kawasaki doesn't? People complained about the single-cylinder cbr250 because it was a single, and Yamaha made theirs a twin ... so Honda made a twin. You can rest assured that a 4 cylinder engine in this class is off the table. If they did that, then people would be complaining about the cost!

110/140 tire sizing is about right for this segment. 17 lb.ft of torque at 12,000 rpm works out to 38 horsepower and it's about right for this engine size.

A stock Ninja 300 makes about 34 horsepower to the rear wheel at slightly lower revs.

+1. Globally it's a hot segment and the ninja 300 is currently the best seller. As someone else mentioned above It also fits into the A2 licensing class in Europe. If you have to spend 2 years on a small bike why not this? It's hell of a lot nicer that the old single

This is is the market Honda are going after. Not North America. Our penis's are much too small to ride something like this :)

I get the feeling that Honda's trouble will come from the MSRP .... especially if the rumors are true about HP and torque. Too many if's right now, but if the power numbers are true and if the bike makes it to NA, I have the feeling Honda will ask for more money than KTM ... KTM is looking great, will make more power ... so the only upside I can see is reliability ... which for some undoubtedly is a factor.

I wonder how safely Honda played it with the power/torque/revs .... how much more potential there could be in the little engine?

Anyways, great effort from Honda, hopefully they will bring it over here so we can see what it can do in real world.

I wonder why they wouldn't stick the 300 into it. If I had seen that when I was looking for my first bike I still would have gone with the Ninja 300. The extra 50cc makes a difference on these small bikes.

Put the 300 in it and I would have bought it in a heartbeat

What's attracting you to the mediocre specs of the single 300cc thumper, it's not a twin! .... the only upside I can think of is better MPG??

What's attracting you to the mediocre specs of the single 300cc thumper, it's not a twin! .... the only upside I can think of is better MPG??
I was more so wondering why they'd bother to build both a 250 and 300

R does not scare them.
R is good for them.
R=M
M=$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Mine simply won't insure anything they think is a supersport. I actually tried to get a quote on an old 250RR and they wouldn't insure it as they class it as an SS. Although my bike, which was never even supposed to be street legal as a track only bike, is ok for them?

I was more so wondering why they'd bother to build both a 250 and 300

It's a more premium product and will compete much better with the twin Ninja 300. There will be a notable price difference between them as well, I am sure. Someone who just wants a commuter can get the single, someone who wants more zip and better brakes and suspension will be glad to pay more for the twin.

It remains to be seen whether the single-cylinder CBR300 continues once this becomes available.

Globally, Kawasaki makes both a single-cylinder Ninja 250 and the twin-cylinder Ninja 250/300, but obviously not all are sold in all markets. The demand and therefore the production volume are evidently high enough for Kawasaki to do it.

If Honda prices this significantly higher than the KTM it will be suicidal. My guess is that it will be between the Ninja 300 ABS and the KTM RC390, and higher than the Yamaha R3 but justifiably so because of higher content.

I don't see the justification for this being a high-priced bike: Single front disk, the fork may be USD and it may have a linkage-operates shock but at most it will be adjustable for preload (RC390 is the same way), welded steel frame (everything in this market segment is the same way). The engine might be in a higher state of tune than the Ninja 300 but making the engine with a wider bore and shorter stroke and bigger valves and longer-duration cam lobes doesn't change the parts count or the assembly sequence and that's what costs money. 14,000 rpm redline for an engine this size doesn't require exotic materials.

Back
Top Bottom