Can't park at my building, need help looking for house indoor private garage parking spot | GTAMotorcycle.com

Can't park at my building, need help looking for house indoor private garage parking spot

Phalanx

I basically can't enjoy/ride as much as I want as I can't park my bike in the underground parking at my building as the bike will obviously get stolen.

So I don't get to ride anywhere near as much as I want to or enjoy the bike.

Anyone here have an indoor private garage where I can park my bike and am willing to pay as well. Area would be fairview mall/east york/downtown area preferably

I basically can't enjoy/ride as much as I want as I can't park my bike in the underground parking at my building as the bike will obviously get stolen.

Anyone here have an indoor private garage where I can park my bike and am willing to pay as well. Area would be fairview mall/east york/downtown area preferably
Sometimes a little piece of duct tape on your seat will act as a theft deterrent:)

Would you consider riding a KLR instead while you live in the condo and then going back to a real bike when you don’t have to deal with the underground garage down the road?

When I lived downtown in a condo, all the nice sport bikes got stolen even when they were parked beside my KLR or VStrom. I often left the keys in my bikes and still couldn’t convince a thief to steal ‘em.

Sometimes a little piece of duct tape on your seat will act as a theft deterrent:)

Would you consider riding a KLR instead while you live in the condo and then going back to a real bike when you don’t have to deal with the underground garage down the road?

When I lived downtown in a condo, all the nice sport bikes got stolen even when they were parked beside my KLR or VStrom. I often left the keys in my bikes and still couldn’t convince a thief to steal ‘em.
Funny how you don't consider a KLR a rear bike. Just awesome.😂😂

Wait till I tell @timtune .

Last edited:

I'm near Fairview and rent storage at access storage on Vic Park near Steeles

Few of my friends got their bikes stolen from condos over the past 10 years. Only one of them still live in a condo and he just locks up his bike with a good chain tied to the pipe that's around his parking spot. Haven't been touched in 5 years, and it's a SS. Might be something you want to consider. If you don't have any anchor point for the chain, consider this:

I did it when I lived in a condo 10 years ago and no I didn't ask for permission first. Just started blasting (my concrete driller). I'm sure the holes are still there.

Few of my friends got their bikes stolen from condos over the past 10 years. Only one of them still live in a condo and he just locks up his bike with a good chain tied to the pipe that's around his parking spot. Haven't been touched in 5 years, and it's a SS. Might be something you want to consider. If you don't have any anchor point for the chain, consider this:

I did it when I lived in a condo 10 years ago and no I didn't ask for permission first. Just started blasting (my concrete driller). I'm sure the holes are still there.
Thats ballsy and/or dumb. Lots of buried utilities in slabs. Hit one and you could be on the hook for a huge bill.

the serious thieves will cut through it.

someone who really wanted his bike hasn't found it, (yet)

Thats ballsy and/or dumb. Lots of buried utilities in slabs. Hit one and you could be on the hook for a huge bill.
You are right, but I am sure the utilities are much deeper in the concrete then the length of the bolts required to secure these "antitheft" devices.

Two ways to find out.

1. Scan/xray the concrete
2. Drill and hope for the best.

You are right, but I am sure the utilities are much deeper in the concrete then the length of the bolts required to secure these "antitheft" devices.

Two ways to find out.

1. Scan/xray the concrete
2. Drill and hope for the best.
6" slab, 3" deep hole, where do you think they put the utilities? On any penetration deeper than an inch, you are playing the lottery.

6" slab, 3" deep hole, where do you think they put the utilities? On any penetration deeper than an inch, you are playing the lottery.
I would think that the bottom floor would have it's utilities underneath the slab. Any of the floors above would have the utilities surface mounted to the ceiling of the floor below.

If course speculations of a perfect world.

I would think that the bottom floor would have it's utilities underneath the slab. Any of the floors above would have the utilities surface mounted to the ceiling of the floor below.

Sometimes you get unlucky and their is a crap ton of water or power running out from a utility room to various risers. Odds of hitting something is low but cost to repair is five or six figures and insurance probably won't help you.

Sometimes you get unlucky and their is a crap ton of water or power running out from a utility room to various risers. Odds of hitting something is low but cost to repair is five or six figures and insurance probably won't help you.
Hitting a rebar would be a PITA alone.

Nope. Many utilities in those types of structures are just below the surface of the concrete. Did plenty of concrete slabs on my last project and the average depth for power / water was within 1-2" of the surface in conduits.

They lay down the conduits first, and then run the lines after the pours are done with a bunch of redundant lines for future use, and some idiot always misses a cover and pours concrete down a conduit pipe.

If I lived in a condo in toronto, I'd probably rent storage in some rural area near orillia or peterborough or something, then drive to it when I wanted to ride, since all my rides would be north or east. Probably much cheaper. How much does a storage big enough to fit a bike cost these days?

Back
Top Bottom