Calling all ballers | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Calling all ballers

I'd argue that any vehicle you can buy that doesn't depreciate is a positive investment. Not as good as other investments, but if you're going to spend your money on a vehicle anyways, might as well be something that keeps its value. Some people don't ride their bikes more than 1000 km/yr regardless if its a collectible or not.

I'd argue that any vehicle you can buy that doesn't depreciate is a positive investment. Not as good as other investments, but if you're going to spend your money on a vehicle anyways, might as well be something that keeps its value. Some people don't ride their bikes more than 1000 km/yr regardless if its a collectible or not.
Understood, but that's not really an investment as not depreciating isn't even as good as breaking even.

If some guy looks at one and falls in love with it, takes $95K of readily available disposable cash (I can only dream) and buys it to park it as an ornament, falls out of love in 10 years and sells it for $100K he's lost money investment-wise, BUT he's enjoyed his purchase and it's cost was relatively low. Because it was "mad money" for the guy he didn't sacrifice anything by buying it so It was a positive transaction for him, and that's what matters in the end.

$95,000 in 2008 is $136,000 today. (strictly inflation)
I hope he got $36,000 worth of looking

Whereas if he invested in Bitcoin, in Oct 2008, he would have about $4,915,488,100 today.

$95,000 in 2008 is $136,000 today. (strictly inflation)
I hope he got $36,000 worth of looking

Whereas if he invested in Bitcoin, in Oct 2008, he would have about $4,915,488,100 today.

Well if that person had bought a Mercedes S-Class in 2008 for around the same price, it would only be worth about $15,000 today. You need to compare apples to apples.

Can anyone come up with a bike, ANY bike that is a positive investment?
MAYBE something "bespoke"... nothing production.
I hear sandcast Honda 750s are worth some money.

I knew YOU were going to mention that bike.

So there's one
It seems to me there's more sandcast CBs today than then....

I put forth the Ducati Imola
It seems to me there's more Imolas today than....

That makes two... and both those bikes came out of nowhere and changed motorcycles.
They don't build bikes like that anymore.
What other bikes?

So sandcast Honda 750's, Ducati Imola, two stroke street bikes and probably quite a few others have appreciated and likely will continue to do so.

The distinction is they were never promoted as limited editions. The trouble is the intention of today's limited edition is that they're marketed collectible, and not that they're better functioning or more specialized than their not-limited counterpart.

The original Eddie Lawson Replica was a limited edition in the mid eighties, and I think there was a Canadian version too. I wonder what they're worth now. I expect they've gained quite a bit, as many of them would have ended up on the track at the time. I think the RC30 survivors might be another candidate.

If your looking at investment bikes ( serious , not someday my Rebel will be cool) you already have a mansion and a yacht . It’s play money for guys buying Broughs and pre WW1 Harleys . They may claim investment, and yes some are probably corporate owned , and they don’t care , like the Warhol hanging beside it . You can’t talk about your RRSP at a party , but you can talk about a 1908 Indian.
Looking at investments , if you still require looking at such things, means you shouldn’t be looking at bikes .

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

Back
Top Bottom