Decimal ultra. .

Sent from my imaginary friend

ubyryvah.jpg

Maybe a different name?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
deleted...

Dope. Thanks.

How far back from the exhaust are you getting the reading from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I can't find the actual CMP noise protocol, but here are a couple of anecdotal descriptions (for cars). It seems like 100 dBA at 15 feet from the rear of the bike while at redline is a reasonable stationary test to see if you are likely to pass.

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforu...nd-francais/688382-calabogie-noise-rules.html
Calabogie is 102 dB measured 15 feet from the rear of the car. On site you'll pass a sound test, rev to 2/3rd red line while they measure.

http://www.porschenet.com/noise-at-mt-tremblant-and-calabogie-des/
Calabogie:
15. Noise Restriction. The Client shall be responsible for ensuring its Participants respect the Mandatory Noise Restriction of 92 dB or lesser without exception. This reading will be taken on a full acceleration pass by at a minimum distance of 50 feet. In order to enforce the Mandatory Noise Restriction, CMP will measure noise levels of vehicles and/or equipment prior to being granted access to the track. The sound level shall be measured 5m in front and 5m behind a stationary vehicle with its engine operating at maximum allowable rpm or the red line of the tachometer. For a vehicle to be permitted to use the track the average sound level shall not exceed 100 dBA. At its own discretion, CMP may also conduct noise level testing at various points around the track facilities at various times during the event with its own method of measurement and choice of equipment. The measurements so taken shall be final and binding upon the Client and its Participants, without recourse against CMP or right of contestation.

http://www.rennsport.ca/en/de-info/usefull-documents/registration-package.html
Screening Test - After a brief visual muffler check, a stationary test is undertaken. Sound levels
will be measured 15 feet in front and behind the vehicle while the engine is revved at the
maximum allowable rpm or the red line of the tachometer. The average should be no more than
100 dbA with no single reading over 104 dbA.

Pass-by Test - With the vehicle under full acceleration on the track, a reading will be taken from
50 feet. The maximum level allowed is 92 dbA. This level and standard is the most commonly
used in North America and Europe and is where the entire industry is headed. Tests are valid for
9 months unless modifications to vehicle are made.

For me the guy stood an unmeasured 15 feet behind the bike. All three readings (he walked back to me each time) were 104.8-105.7 dBA. The limit as he told me is 98dBA. I'm going to try an app also. At least I know the level with mine so I can feel somewhat confident checking the calibration. I also thought of looking for an SPL meter but they don't look exactly cheap. Cheaper to just buy a stock pipe off eBay. LOL

At least you had a second bike available to you. I have to remember to bring my db or that is really going to suck driving all that way.

Thanks for that app, I will have to give it a shot.

k1 gixxer thou with a ti arrow exhaust and she failed, she was like 105 or 106

My bike failed terribly. 3 tries, all around 105dB. There was nothing I could do on-site to get it to pass. dB Dawgs are on back-order so Pro6 didn't have any, and the few that I tried from other people were way too small. The Arata has a 2.5" outlet... Anyway, I have some ideas to make a baffle, but may just get a stock exhaust to use at Calabogie next time. We shared GSXR Girl's bike for the day :)
did you like the track?

did you like the track?

Sure did! Very fun track. So glad to have Joe show me around for two sessions. No way I would have figured out such good lines in one day. Went into Red in the 3rd session and don't think I was too much of a pilon :p

07 R1 with race baffles = 113db, he said I set the record :( Luckily I brought stock mufflers with me!

hah yeah thats loud, i changed some things up and shes significantly louder now. ill have to see if she'll even pass with a baffle when i go back next year.

My full yosh, with dawg was 92db. But I have a different idea of what 3 quarters of red line is. Lol.

Unfortunately when I went back to try again there was another guy there watching the tach. I tried 4500rpm and he said at least 9000. First time up I did 7000 and that was 104.8dBA :(

Unfortunately when I went back to try again there was another guy there watching the tach. I tried 4500rpm and he said at least 9000. First time up I did 7000 and that was 104.8dBA :(
9000? i was told half way up the rev range, i found 4500 was half wayish up the rev range of my thou and it helped her pass

The guy with the meter wanted 11000! He said about 2/3 of the range. Red line is 16000.

Anyway, I have some ideas for a decent baffle. Hopefully it helps enough.

My cbr 600 with an Arrow exhaust with 2 inch open pipe measured 101 db. I had to mess around with a db killer to pass the test

This thread has me worried, I've booked two days at the end of July and don't want them to be a waste of a trip. We are running stock 2005 R6's one with a stock can the other one has a slip-on (don't know the brand). If pro6 is out of the DB dawgs, is anyone willing to let me borrow one? I'm gonna download an app to test the bikes to see if we are in the ballpark.

Back
Top Bottom