Buying first toolset | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Buying first toolset

Nooooooooooooo I just bought a pair of new ones at Royal distributing nooooooooooooooo
You have the receipt right? Return em.

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app

KxbIIz9_zpssvzxszyf.jpg

This is my haul, feels so manly now hahaha.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions, without them I maybe ended up with improper tools. It is also helpful that you guys posted deals from Canadian Tire/Princess Auto too. Going to do an oil change and some chain lubing now.

Last edited:
There ya go, your all set....until you find a tool you don't have, for that particular nut/bolt/screw, that is just ever so different and the tool is not in your current tool kit.....

And remember a Philips screwdriver is not for JIS screws, if they are in good and tight you will just ruin (strip the head) them and then you will have a hell of a time getting them out....

did you get the kerosene for chain cleaning.....

There ya go, your all set....until you find a tool you don't have, for that particular nut/bolt/screw, that is just ever so different and the tool is not in your current tool kit.....

And remember a Philips screwdriver is not for JIS screws, if they are in good and tight you will just ruin (strip the head) them and then you will have a hell of a time getting them out....

did you get the kerosene for chain cleaning.....

Yup the chain cleaning stuff and the JIS screwdrivers are on route from Fortnine

Now that Sears is in bankruptcy protection will there be any value in warranty or will Dewalt/BD put craftsmen tools into other stores I wonder.

I think Husky at HomeDepot used to take in other brand tools that had lifetime warranty. They would take the broken one and replace it with a Husky brand tool. Don't think they do that anymore.

Wow, that is expensive for what it is. I would rather buy just the bits for a few dollars and use a handle or ratchet I already have. I only prefer t handles for a few specific jobs and none are working on bikes.

Just buy some standard phillips screw driver set for cheap and grind off the point. Instant JIS screw driver.

Whats even held on with screws anymore though, both my last bikes is all allen heads and plastic pop rivets.

good alternative
screws_JIS_phillips_comparison.jpg

http://www.agcoauto.com/content/news/p2_articleid/300

Don't forget your torx bits.

Back
Top Bottom