buying a Ninja 300 question | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

buying a Ninja 300 question

They will probably add freight and pdi on top of taxes too. OP wanted ABS too.

yeah, but thats where waiting till snow and your negotiating skills come into play.

The new R3s have ABS i believe, price is higher than non ABS obviously. But non ABS isnt a deal breaker(just have to learn to brake correctly)

Foolish me spending all that extra money on abs, when I could have just learned to brake correctly.
Lol. Never owned a bike with abs, been riding 38 years. Still think abs is a very good thing to have.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Ended up buying the Ninja from Supernam yesterday, and I am very happy with the purchase. Highly vouch for Supernam as a seller. Very nice and trustworthy person. Told me everything I needed to know and things to watch out for. He delivered the bike himself from Scarborough to Mississauga for a very low price. He even gave me the front/rear bike stands and cover for just $80, and gloves for $60. I was going to buy a jacket as well but it was too tight. If anyone wants to buy from Supernam, don't think twice! He will make sure you are a happy satisfied customer.

Now I just need to get insurance and safety done. Anyone know a person that can do in-home safety inspections in Mississauga/Brampton? I called Ted from Rosey Toes but he's on vacation right now. I need inspection done asap.

Thanks all and special thanks to Supernam!

I called about 5 different companies that do safety inspections, but none of them can come to my house. One of them said I should get a temporary plate so that I can drive the bike to the shop to get it certified. I didn't know I could do this....is this a good method? But I need to get insurance first right?

I'm leaning towards just getting a temporary plate as I don't have experience with U-haul motorcycle trailers. I'm gonna have to learn how to strap it on and stuff. Is there a downside of getting the temporary plate?

MTO site

To get a temporary licence plate sticker visit a ServiceOntario centre and bring:
  • the vehicle permit indicating that the vehicle’s status is "fit"
    • if the vehicle permit is not yet registered in your name, the back of the permit must be completed and signed by the owner
  • proof of insurance that includes the name of your insurance company and the policy number for the vehicle
  • if the vehicle is being registered in your name and you wish to attach your own plates bring the existing licence plates (if available) along with the plate portion of the vehicle permit
  • if you are registering a vehicle for the first time, you must pay the fees for vehicle registration and the purchase of licence plates including all applicable taxes
Find a ServiceOntario centre
[h=2]Cost[/h] $15
Note: You must pay all outstanding fees, including unpaid highway tolls, unpaid parking fines and not sufficient funds (NSFs) before receiving a temporary sticker.
[h=2]Payment[/h] Visa, MasterCard, debit, cash, certified cheque
Please note that as of January 16, 2017, we no longer accept payments by American Express.

https://www.ontario.ca/page/temporary-licence-plate-sticker

Thanks for the links Gatekeeper. On the ownership it says MCL - FIT. But on UVIP it says Brand: None

Does this mean I can get the temp plate?

Awesome. Just called Paul South and he quoted me for $1275/year which is way lower than I was expecting. I will have policy # by today, after that I'll go to MTO to pickup temp plate. Thank you!

Awesome. Just called Paul South and he quoted me for $1275/year which is way lower than I was expecting. I will have policy # by today, after that I'll go to MTO to pickup temp plate. Thank you!

Nice!

Nice! That is an awesome price for your first year of riding.

I will have policy # by today, after that I'll go to MTO to pickup temp plate.

Take note: the temporary permit is valid for ten days only.

via Tapatalk

Full coverage with fire and theft? That's a great price for first year!!

No it's not full coverage. Dropped collision coverage but kept comprehensive. Insurance will still pay if I'm not at fault during collision. It was the middle option. He said 90℅ of his customers choose this. The full coverage was around 1500 I believe.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

No it's not full coverage. Dropped collision coverage but kept comprehensive. Insurance will still pay if I'm not at fault during collision. It was the middle option. He said 90℅ of his customers choose this. The full coverage was around 1500 I believe.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

sounds about right for a young kid with a ninja 300

I was getting 1300 full coverage with statefarm on a ninja 300

Back
Top Bottom