Breaking NEWS- New iPhone 7 water resistant/proof | Page 9 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Breaking NEWS- New iPhone 7 water resistant/proof

16%2B-%2B1%2B%25281%2529.jpg

Samsung fires? Should I be worried about this?
d303e93488e94141dd45ecc47d2bb217.jpg

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Can this happen to an EV car/bike?

If something like that were to happen you are pretty much fried.

It can happen to ANYTHING that contains a LiPo (Lithium Polymer) battery, which today is a huge majority of electronics. The thing is most devices that use them protect them well - Laptop batteries for example contain the cells inside a rigid plastic "pack", phones contain them inside the case, that sort of stuff. Radio Control uses them pretty much exclusively now but they are not inside a protective case (weight and bulk = bad) so they are particularly susceptible to shock or flex damage, as was the case in that video. Anytime there's a crash at the RC field the first thing a wise RC guy is take the Lipo out and isolate it somewhere safe, especially if it's starting to swell which is the first indicator a reaction has started. Even hours later after catostrphic damage they can go up. I used to keep them in a metal ammo can at all times, actually.

The difference with the Samsung thing is that they are failing through no fault of the operator - not a result of drop/bend damage (as was the case in the two iPhone stories linked earlier), but just spontaneously due to a very clear manufacturing defect that is triggered during charging. In the end it seems to be a quality control issue, reportedly a result of what appears to be Samsung rushing to beat the iPhone 7 launch and try to steal Apples thunder.

In this era of every manufacturer trying to beat every other manufacturer to the punch with the "next big thing", this could happen to any of them who don't keep a close eye to QA.

I have a Samsung oven. It gets pretty hot.

Even when it's not turned on sometimes? ;)

:lmao:

[video=youtube;5tqH-Un9SFU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tqH-Un9SFU[/video]

Last edited:
I wouldn't stop buying Samsung just because one model battery explodes . Or any other brand for that matter.

I'm on my second LG and while I like the phone, I dislike the lack of updates. Samsung is better, but they still layer their garbage touchwiz stuff onto Android. What makes the G3 livable for me is Xposed framework and the ability to adjust resolution (DPI scaling)

Its ridiculous that phones with 5.5" QHD screens basically don't offer any additional real estate on the screen. Android N has the scaling built in now, so I'm gonna jump into the next Nexus phone.

I wouldn't stop buying Samsung just because one model battery explodes . Or any other brand for that matter.

Amen.

Samsung sold 320 Million phones last year, 26 million were Galaxy S7s which are virtually identical to Note 7s.

They simply had a manufacturing defect on a brand new model. Wasn't deliberate, like the VW dieselgate thing, simply a misstep in the manufacturer process.

up to 100 reported incidents out of 2.5 million phones? as one of the tech sites put it best, "classic frequency illusion, amplified by the effect of modern media."

Samsung has come clean and taking drastic measures and issued a recall with no questions asked and some perks.

They are still alright as a company in my book unlike volkswagen...

Samsung is better, but they still layer their garbage touchwiz stuff onto Android.

I've always been nervous about moving to Samsung due to all the complaints about TouchWiz I've heard about.

Although I have limited experience with the Samsung, I can tell you that Grace UI experience in the Note 7 is pretty good with a cleaner, nicer look. Check out all the Tech Blogs on the Note 7 and you will see that Samsung nailed it.

Puttering around on my loaner S6 edge, I can tell you the Note 7 was a better experience by comparison. Just the "Always On Display" feature of the Note 7 is something I missed right off the bat. I also noticed the Notes app was far better experience on the Note 7.

I don't doubt the next Pixel (Nexus) lines will be good. but for anybody but anti samsung haters, which is fine, the Note 7 is worth a look.

[video=youtube;-qtL1Ei-uQY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qtL1Ei-uQY[/video]

Last edited:
I might consider the note actually..just gonna wait for pixel announcements to decide

I'm gonna have to fondle a Note 7 after the recall stuff is dealt with. But like I said earlier, DPI scaling is an absolute necessity. When you compare small Android phones to a 6" phablet and you realize that the extra screen real estate doesn't actually display any more data (number of emails on screen, number of texts, etc) it makes the whole idea completely pointless.

Android 7 has it built in, hopefully it makes it through to Samsung phones when they release the update in a few months.

Back
Top Bottom