Bracebridge Supermoto Track and Pics | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Bracebridge Supermoto Track and Pics

I'll prob be at Eagle's Nest again this Sunday (weather pending), if any other slowpoke SM guys wanna join me!

I would be all over that if I wasn't working over the weekend!

Do any of these places offer lessons on how to properly ride a Supermoto? I'm interested in learning. I do a number of track days yearly on a 600, but wondering if it's a totally different riding style. I no longer have my R6, my current ride is a 690 SMC.

No one really gives "lessons" these days. 408 Racing was supposed to have a SM school at Shannonville this April, but it got cancelled due to bad weather. They may have another one next spring.

Just come out to some of the races or track days and watch how the faster guys ride. The supermoto GP championship in Europe or the old AMA Supermoto seasons are not a bad place to start as well.

The technique is different, but it's not torally different. It's a mix between motocross and road race styles.

Last edited:
The technique is different, but it's not torally different. It's a mix between motocross and road race styles.

One thing that I noticed that was a little different with the SM setup versus MX setup is that you have to manhandle the bike a little more with the wider tyres since they seem to throw the bike around when you hit uneven terrain. I almost ate it a couple of times on that large camelback at Eagle's Nest because the uneven takeoff inadvertently throws the bike to the side instead of the narrow MX tyres just pounding through it.

The tall gearing was interesting too, it really makes the power come on smoothly and with the limited traction you can hang the *** end out really easily around some of the sweeping turns.

Mmmm... Supermoto...

One thing that I noticed that was a little different with the SM setup versus MX setup is that you have to manhandle the bike a little more with the wider tyres since they seem to throw the bike around when you hit uneven terrain. I almost ate it a couple of times on that large camelback at Eagle's Nest because the uneven takeoff inadvertently throws the bike to the side instead of the narrow MX tyres just pounding through it.

The tall gearing was interesting too, it really makes the power come on smoothly and with the limited traction you can hang the *** end out really easily around some of the sweeping turns.

Mmmm... Supermoto...

Yea, that camelback will throw your back tire out every time. I run 15-47 small track gearing on the 450, so it's a bit sketchy in the dirt!

Who is that really fast guy on the RMZ? ahahaha

I still haven't fixed my motor but once it's fixed we will be down there for some track time! I'll let you know!

I would be all over that if I wasn't working over the weekend!

No one really gives "lessons" these days. 408 Racing was supposed to have a SM school at Shannonville this April, but it got cancelled due to bad weather. They may have another one next spring.

Just come out to some of the races or track days and watch how the faster guys ride. The supermoto GP championship in Europe or the old AMA Supermoto seasons are not a bad place to start as well.

If you guys want to organize a day at Bracebridge, I'll come out and show a few people how to crash these things.

I took my son there last year - he loved it! I was going to head over there yesterday, but none of my son's gear fit. :rolleyes:

Some of the OP's pics look vaguely familiar.

IMG_0331.jpg

Forgive me if this is a dumb question... Since this track is paved, are you allowed to take a sport bike on there (like a ninja 250)? I can tell that the surface isn't the greatest but i would just be looking to have a little fun and hit some apexes. nothing too fast or crazy. Just curious because it looks like a ton of fun and a relaxed way to see what a track is like (without doing a full track day which i don't think i'm ready for).

that probably wouldn't go over so well and the layout is not really something that would work with a sportbike.

If you guys want to organize a day at Bracebridge, I'll come out and show a few people how to crash these things.

Did you get that new bike yet? You're welcome to crash mine any time (remind me to bring a camera). I'm thinking this Saturday or next Sunday might work with the guys, let me find out.

Forgive me if this is a dumb question... Since this track is paved, are you allowed to take a sport bike on there (like a ninja 250)? I can tell that the surface isn't the greatest but i would just be looking to have a little fun and hit some apexes. nothing too fast or crazy. Just curious because it looks like a ton of fun and a relaxed way to see what a track is like (without doing a full track day which i don't think i'm ready for).

You can take it out for sure. Last time a guy took out his Miata and took all of the turns no problem. Having said that, the tight track design is not optimal for a sports bike.

Would the Bracebridge track configuration be suitable for a larger supermotard (KTM 950) or the Ducati Hypermotard or Dorso?

Just think "Go Kart" track
You can do it, but you'll be doing 1st and 2nd gear mostly everywhere

Is it suitable for my scooter?

Does anyone have the number for the guy who owns the track? I was there today to just check it out but no one was around. What do you guys do if no one is around? Leave? Or can you use the track and leave some money somewhere? I assume you can't ride if the guy isn't there but just thought I'd ask. Thanks!

I just leave cash on his porch by the door where he'll find it. He should put a mail slot in his door or locked deposit box on his porch.

Back
Top Bottom