Bought bike from a shady stealership. Need advice. | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Bought bike from a shady stealership. Need advice.

Totally not surprised it's 360. I'm brand spanking new to bikes and that was the first place that popped up in my mind.

Boyfriend and I went there (because it's the closest to his house) and that was the first bike shop we'd ever been to. Guy tried to sell bf on a leather jacket, said it was on sale for $250 from $400 and that was likely the cheapest leather jacket we'd find. Tried to convince us we wouldn't find a better one and we should buy that one quickly before someone else does. We didn't.

Didn't have time to go anywhere else that day, so we didn't check out Kahuna until the week after. What do you know, leather jackets everywhere for $100+. Decided the guy at 360 was lying out the wazoo. I think we were right.

I'd need a model to know for sure if he was ripping you off. $400 is a pretty average price for a not on sale decent jacket. $250 on sale may have been quite reasonable.

I'd need a model to know for sure if he was ripping you off. $400 is a pretty average price for a not on sale decent jacket. $250 on sale may have been quite reasonable.

Oh I'm sure $250 for that particular jacket was reasonable. What I didn't appreciate was the fact that he was trying to convince us that it was not only the best jacket that we'd find, but it would also be the cheapest (as in, compared to ALL jackets, not just that one model).

Oh I'm sure $250 for that particular jacket was reasonable. What I didn't appreciate was the fact that he was trying to convince us that it was not only the best jacket that we'd find, but it would also be the cheapest (as in, compared to ALL jackets, not just that one model).

I guess that is a little shady. I am a little surprised you found many for around $100.

There is no buyer's remorse / cooling off period if you go into a dealership of your own free will...I know I tried to cancel my car contract the day AFTER I signed it! LoL They would've charged me all these silly fees...in hindsight I should've walked from my deposit ($500) but that was 31,000km ago. Car's still boring and no fun at all...but it does the job.

really? I canceled a car order once from Pontiac and also got my $$$ deposit back.. I was waiting 6 weeks and they couldnt supply me the car I wanted.. I guess they dont make too many Manual Trans models lol!! (This was 10+ yrs ago)

Anyway, interesting reading this thread. Have taken mental notes on a few things.

Last edited:
really? I canceled a car order once from Pontiac and also got my $$$ deposit back.. I was waiting 6 weeks and they couldnt supply me the car I wanted.. I guess they dont make too many Manual Trans models lol!! (This was 10+ yrs ago)

Anyway, interesting reading this thread. Have taken mental notes on a few things.

I'm surprised they let you off the hook easy. Then again if the deposit was specifically for a manual car, they would have to refund you.
Otherwise you might have been SOL

http://www.sse.gov.on.ca/mcs/en/Pages/Buying_Merchandise_Refunds.aspx

Back
Top Bottom