Bought a 250cc bike to race this season! | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Bought a 250cc bike to race this season!

yes friends don't protest friends - but if its a deal breaker for a championship....***** happens. in the past i've seen people protest a rider for simply removing the rad fan. and it was upheld. i felt bad for the guy (not my protest). as the class grows the "friendship clause" begins to fade.

I think I'll just shut my pie hole now.

Last edited:
By the sounds of it, I'll drill the front out on the banjo bolts while the brakes are off. The calliper fluid seals needed to get replaced and it'll take a few days for that part to arrive anyway.

edit: I like your choice of the newer bridgestone S20 evo's. Sport rider? did a track tire comparison for the 300's and rated them as excellent. best of a bunch of popular tires. looking good.

Ari Henning, from MotorcyclistOnline did a great tire review for his KTM rc390 track bike on his show On Two Wheels. Awesome show overall actually!
http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/videos/on-two-wheels?video=x4bjudp

yes friends don't protest friends - but if its a deal breaker for a championship....***** happens. in the past i've seen people protest a rider for simply removing the rad fan. and it was upheld. i felt bad for the guy (not my protest). as the class grows the "friendship clause" begins to fade.

I think I'll just shut my pie hole now.

How much further back than last place can they penalize someone? haha. I have seriously low ambitions to win anything and just out to have fun and learn.

How much further back than last place can they penalize someone? haha. I have seriously low ambitions to win anything and just out to have fun and learn.

My goal is to finish on the same lap as everyone else

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i think we'll see some clean dicing between joeyb and owen...

i'm impressed with your attitudes and maturity as new racers. keeping your heads on straight without ego getting in the way. keeping your bike on two wheels and not crashing SHOULD be your priority. protecting your bikes from the pavement will mean you'll continue to have bikes to ride. keeps the fun going. wishing i was out there with you guys. maybe next year on a gs500 vintage 300 prod'n racer.

We need a like button on this forum

HA!

I think EVERY race weekend since I re-started my racing career I have had some sort of issue that requires, carbs/tank/seat/etc to come off....EVERYTIME!

Hopefully this new motor, and the new carb bits I got will help me out. And I need to remember with no rev limiter 17,000rpm is out of the question. Keep'er between 10-13,000 and I should be alright.

i think we'll see some clean dicing between joeyb and owen...

i'm impressed with your attitudes and maturity as new racers. keeping your heads on straight without ego getting in the way.

It less impressive if I tell you how old I am but thanks anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My goal is to just start the race....

After a few setbacks with the bike over the weekend and having to spend an extra 8-10 hours on "real work", it looks like I won't have some of the tech requirements met to race this upcoming weekend in Shannonville. Having said that, I should have it ready enough to go lapping in Cayuga and will definitely have it rocking for the 17th to 19th at Grand Bend.

Hey Owen, Will you be at Cayuga on Saturday? I'll be there doing a shakedown run with my 250 Ninja. (Expert #5 with black bodywork and a green tank) I plan to be at Grand Bend the following weekend as well.

Timm

Cool! I've prepped quite a few bikes before, so I'll be happy to take a look at yours if you would like.

Cool! I've prepped quite a few bikes before, so I'll be happy to take a look at yours if you would like.

Wicked! thanks dood! I'll be bringing my camera along as well. I'm not sure which group you'll be in but I'll make sure to grab some shots!! Although I don't have much experience with shooting motorsports, photo/video is my 9-5 so I'd imagine they won't be absolute crap haha.

All that's left to get it ready for lapping at Cayuga is bleed the brakes, flush the coolant to replace with water and wack the fairings back on. My Dad helped me out by basically building the trailer kit while I worked on the bike. He has to weld a couple brackets today to secure the ramps and that'll be done too!!

Think I'm going to grab a vacuum pump for the brakes. I started bleeding them yesterday but after 5 minutes, I gave up. I've never had to bleed new lines and was taking foreeeeeever!!

edit: noticed you'll be in the expert group so I'll be able to get some shots for sure.

Last edited:
I actually signed up for intermediate because of the big speed differential with the fast guys on big bikes. I almost signed up for the beginner group, but there's no passing in the corners for them, so that would be pointless on a 250 Ninja. Weather says scattered thunderstorms so I'm bringing my rains in case it's more than just "scattered".

See you there!

Back
Top Bottom