BMW owners movement! | Page 38 | GTAMotorcycle.com

BMW owners movement!

My first instinct was to grab at the hand guards when lifting the bike in the gully only to be met by plastic. I've never been near an expensive bike before so I didn't know. You need some good old fashioned non ferrous underpinnings right there for tussling purposes.

Just got back from DualSportPlus in Brantford. Got the Barkbusters hand guards with Storm covers, Altrider side stand enlarger and Altrider radiator guards. Bike is ready for some serious off-roading.

Just got back from DualSportPlus in Brantford. Got the Barkbusters hand guards with Storm covers, Altrider side stand enlarger and Altrider radiator guards. Bike is ready for some serious off-roading.
Is it an easy install for the radiator guards?

Picked up my new GSA today and all I can say is WOW. What an upgrade from my old 2010 GSA. The power is extremely noticeable and has all around grunt now. The integration with the BMW Nav V is amazing making it the best GPS system for a motorcycle out there. Getting used to the gear shift pro, very nice for down shifting and up shifting when revving high enough.

d724fd2f567664b977a51c945fb71a06_zpsab2d5qpi.jpg

Congrats Wonderings, she's a beaut.

Picked up my new GSA today and all I can say is WOW. What an upgrade from my old 2010 GSA. The power is extremely noticeable and has all around grunt now. The integration with the BMW Nav V is amazing making it the best GPS system for a motorcycle out there. Getting used to the gear shift pro, very nice for down shifting and up shifting when revving high enough.

Conrats twin brother!

Thanks guys. Looking forward to getting out on the weekend to put some km's on. So many things to play with. I was surprised how responsive the throttle is when taking off. Took me by surprise by I left the dealer. I had never ridden the new GSA or any of the new LC GS's. Used to it now and love the power, seems much more appropriate for a bike this size.

Try different riding modes. rain-road-dyna - different throttle response.
I'm still cant use shift without clutch from 1 to 2, it jumping a little. All other working great and smooth.
With the downshift everything working file unlit you have some speed.

And I dont know about ESA I feel some knock in suspension on small road cracks. With the versys it was smooth.

Try different riding modes. rain-road-dyna - different throttle response.
I'm still cant use shift without clutch from 1 to 2, it jumping a little. All other working great and smooth.
With the downshift everything working file unlit you have some speed.

And I dont know about ESA I feel some knock in suspension on small road cracks. With the versys it was smooth.

I got used to the throttle very quickly, so not complaints about it. Played with riding modes a little bit on the ride home yesterday. Using gear shift pro going up, I find it is clunky from first to second, gets smoother going from 2nd to 3rd and up, just have to be revved high enough.

I have not noticed anything with my suspension, I am sure I will notice things once I get more time in the saddle.

Same here on my 2015 R1200RT, pro shift is too harsh from 1st to 2nd unless you are flooring it. Then it is my god a dream. You can blip up through the gears like a formula one car off the line if you want to risk the ticket :)

Same here on my 2015 R1200RT, pro shift is too harsh from 1st to 2nd unless you are flooring it. Then it is my god a dream. You can blip up through the gears like a formula one car off the line if you want to risk the ticket :)

How many km's are you guys at? I'm at 3100kms on my '15 GSA and as of about 2800kms or so, the GSAP is now fully broken in and silky smooth. I can even shift from 1st to 2nd with low revs just fine, although I still avoid it most of the time.

Want to get out and ride this weekend but the forecast is complete crap!

Congrats on the new bike! You should look into getting a set of knobby tires and a guard for the headlight. Also sign up for traffic and weather on the Nav V, it's well worth it.

Enjoy!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Congrats on the new bike! You should look into getting a set of knobby tires and a guard for the headlight. Also sign up for traffic and weather on the Nav V, it's well worth it.
I debated what tires I would get when picking up the bike. I had a set of tk80's on my old GSA when I Picked it up. I do not do enouh dirt riding to warrant having those tires. My dirt riding is pretty much all country roads, and I have never had a problem with the Tourance tires for that. Plus they last longer and are way better on the pavement. One day I will buy a second set of rims and keep knobbies on that for a quick switch for when I want to do more.

i will definetly bet getting a head light guard, still debating on what to get. The clear plastic covers look like the best protection as nothing gets through compared to the metal mesh ones. Not to concerned about traffic, bad traffic around here is never that bad and when traveling I usually a route away from large cities. As for weather... Well I just keep my rain gear ready and deal with what comes. I did order a touratech kickstand plate, had it on my last GS and liked it, especially when parking in dirt or gravel.

any of you guys with Nav V able to change the tire pressure measurement to psi? mine is showing in bars and I cannot find a way to change that.

I debated what tires I would get when picking up the bike. I had a set of tk80's on my old GSA when I Picked it up. I do not do enouh dirt riding to warrant having those tires. My dirt riding is pretty much all country roads, and I have never had a problem with the Tourance tires for that. Plus they last longer and are way better on the pavement. One day I will buy a second set of rims and keep knobbies on that for a quick switch for when I want to do more.

i will definetly bet getting a head light guard, still debating on what to get. The clear plastic covers look like the best protection as nothing gets through compared to the metal mesh ones. Not to concerned about traffic, bad traffic around here is never that bad and when traveling I usually a route away from large cities. As for weather... Well I just keep my rain gear ready and deal with what comes. I did order a touratech kickstand plate, had it on my last GS and liked it, especially when parking in dirt or gravel.

any of you guys with Nav V able to change the tire pressure measurement to psi? mine is showing in bars and I cannot find a way to change that.

I believe you need GS911 Wifi to change the TPS measurement to PSI... that or the dealer has to do it.

Regarding headlight protectors, I bought the heavy duty XPEL headlight adhesive, and cut out my own template. It's virtually invisible but protects it well... in fact, it's the only accessory I've done to my GSA so far. :D I'm going to do the two fog lights as well while I'm at it with the left over material. If you go this route, I can scan the template I made so others can use it, just let me know if you want it. The XPEL sheet was about $30 shipped to Canada... pricey for what it is, but the cheapest and best looking alternative IMO. Unless you're doing a lot of off roading.

Enjoy!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've been thinking about that one. How much is it to get traffic and weather? Is it monthly or a one time fee?

I've been thinking about that one. How much is it to get traffic and weather? Is it monthly or a one time fee?

One time fee in both cases. I bought them through the Garmin Smartphone Link app on my iPhone but can't recall what I paid for them. It wasn't a lot but I really, really like the features they bring to the Nav V experience.

Sorry about that! Honestly, I tried to roost to the side.

Back
Top Bottom