blackberry 10 | Page 77 | GTAMotorcycle.com

blackberry 10

lol this just made me laugh.
The most annoying thing is when I am riding and i have waze on, if it is 15 min prior to a meeting (every morning on my way to work) it notifies me thta i have a meeting in 15 min and just stays there, so I have to stop the bike, take my gloves off and click ok, so that 10 min later it tells me that i have the same meeting in 5 and you can't turn the notification off. fack. Why not just notify and resume the app in 10 or 15 sec, I don't need to acknowledge I have a meeting

Alright, 10.3 has ****** me off.

WTF is it with all the notifications? I don't care that the phone has connected to Blend. What action does it require from me? Or that the phone is muted in meeting mode. Just do it and shut up about it. Would anyone want a notification every time it connects to their home network, or whenever it syncs my calendar? That's what I f*ing set it to do, just get on with it!

And now that it's made me think about it, why all the individual app update notifications? Sure, let me know, but don't require me to respond. Those notifications are useful if I want to look them up, they shouldn't require me to respond every single time to shut them up!

And you can't turn these things off, or silence them. I looked everywhere that made a reference to notifications, and that's a lot of places. Because the Hub is ALL notifications. But then you have the 'Notifications' section of the Hub. And then you have a whole other set of "notifications" (LEDs, sounds, vibration) to tell you when you get Notification notifications! F* off already! Give them a different name for crying out loud, they are not all the same. Send me ALERTS for my SYSTEM notifications.

Or better yet, don't! I don't care and I certainly don't want to be bothered to even have to glance at the phone for all that nuisance stuff that I expect to happen automatically behind the scenes. Is it so proud that it did what it's programmed to do, it has to brag about it every time? Will it notify me when it takes a **** all on its own too? Damn Blackberry grow the hell up already.

And Blend is crap. So laggy. And I can't edit contacts or the layout (go away BBM!) Obviously I'll be uninstalling it. Who doesn't carry their phone with them everywhere anyways. That's kinda their only purpose!

Other than that, great phone! :/

"But Blackberry has the best encryption!"

LMAO. They sold your azzes out to CSIS 6 years ago. And the "superior" encryption was the only thing left for the BB sheep to boast about, too.

http://crackberry.com/blackberrys-global-decryption-key-rumored-have-been-obtained-canadian-police
I never boasted about encryption. A device could use 0% or 100% encryption and I wouldn't know the difference.

I still prefer BB because they don't sell your demographic info (as is Google's business model). They don't restrict what you can do with your device (like Apple), and the OS is very reliable as well as featuring the industry's best messaging centre. But if you want to be an Apple or Android sheep don't let me stop you.

It's a plus that BB is Canadian, of course. Piss poor app selection, but surprisingly I got all the apps I need with only a few apps from Android (the only one I really use is Universal Book Reader).

I'm starting to see how it's the end of the road for BB devices, in which case it looks like I'll be going to Windows. Android and Apple are just too rotten. Figures that they're the most popular mobile OSes in this rotten world!

BB doesn't have to restrict what you do with your device because nobody develops anything for it, so it doesn't matter. Its been the end of the road for a long time. They even tried Android OS but those devices are garbage too, so what's the point?

@fastar1 I'm worried that Windows phone will be gone too soon. I started with BB for years, but left after the lack of support for the torch2. Went to Nokia Lumia. Now I went Android because our tablets and everything else is Google. But that Windows phone....no problems, fantastic battery life....I think I'm talking myself back to Windows.

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

Absolutely thrilled with my Priv..

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

@fastar1 I'm worried that Windows phone will be gone too soon. I started with BB for years, but left after the lack of support for the torch2. Went to Nokia Lumia. Now I went Android because our tablets and everything else is Google. But that Windows phone....no problems, fantastic battery life....I think I'm talking myself back to Windows.

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk
Microsoft won't let Windows Phone go anywhere, they need to sustain it to make their ecosystem competitive, and they have the resources to do so if it doesn't sustain itself.

My only caveat is if ZX600 gets a Windows phone, that might signal its death knell. Mobile systems die wherever he goes.

My family and I support our Canadian company and always buy Blackberry, I love BB10 but my only concern is that I won't be able to get new ones soon, I'm with virgian mobile and they only offer the classic to buy. I find it strange that nobody really wants to support a CDN company.

My family and I support our Canadian company and always buy Blackberry, I love BB10 but my only concern is that I won't be able to get new ones soon, I'm with virgian mobile and they only offer the classic to buy. I find it strange that nobody really wants to support a CDN company.
I'm with you. I support BlackBerry partly because it's Canadien, but also and more so because they simply make the best phones for my personal preference.. So I'll continue to buy them as long as it's an option.

As for BB10. I loved it.. Tons of features in that operating system that simply cannot be found in any other. From a base operating system perspective, it's definitely my favorite.. But there came a point when the dwindling app selection started to be an issue. You can't even get Facebook on it anymore .. (Sad that that's so important but let's face it is) that's not BlackBerry's fault, but it's a nail in the OS's casket.

The Android powered BlackBerry PRIV however, while I'll be the first to admit lacks a few things I loved about bb10, it gains a few things that were missing too.. Overall it's a fair tradeoff I think, it's not quite a BlackBerry but it's better (for me) then any other android and BlackBerry has been feverishly updating it's proprietary apps on it.. The 3rd party app support it absolute.. And still made by that Canadien company.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

lol this just made me laugh.
The most annoying thing is when I am riding and i have waze on, if it is 15 min prior to a meeting (every morning on my way to work) it notifies me thta i have a meeting in 15 min and just stays there, so I have to stop the bike, take my gloves off and click ok, so that 10 min later it tells me that i have the same meeting in 5 and you can't turn the notification off. fack. Why not just notify and resume the app in 10 or 15 sec, I don't need to acknowledge I have a meeting

If you click Dismiss instead of Snooze, it will stop popping up. You can adjust how the meeting reminders are displayed in the settings. This is also up to the server that handles your calendar on your phone (exhange, domino, etc).

People love supporting a Canadian company when it makes something worth supporting. RIM had its day but was to slow keeping up with Apple and Android. I support Canadian when I can, but not to my own detriment.

Years ago I traded in my iPhone 3GS for a Blackberry and regretted it shortly after and switched back. I found the interface unintuitive and ancient in comparison to what I was used to with iOS. Now this comes to preferences, I know people who love/d Blackberry, but they are the minority, which is why the company is in the state it is in now. I have a few friends who worked for RIM and even survived the big cuts and downsizing. They eventually left the company on their own because of the lack of direction inside of RIM. Relying on "classic" phones and such in a tech field is just a bad idea.

I've been using Blackberry's for many years and love my Z30. It always works great whereas my gf's Iphone5 is often in need of charging or it randomly crashes. The small bit of internet I do on it works great (mostly google, youtube, maps) and the battery lasts forever on one charge. I liked the old more basic calendar on my Bold's better though.

you mean sorta like how Apple just released an updated version of the 3 year old iPhone 5 "SE"?

Unlike Blackberry, Apple responds to customer demands.

you mean sorta like how Apple just released an updated version of the 3 year old iPhone 5 "SE"?

Well that is not their main seller, and the tech inside is greatly improved. Not a fan of the new iPhone SE myself, though I think Apple said they sold 30 million of the smaller phones alone last year. So Apple is obviously doing something right and hitting a market that wants a feature rich small smart phone.

Well that is not their main seller, and the tech inside is greatly improved. Not a fan of the new iPhone SE myself, though I think Apple said they sold 30 million of the smaller phones alone last year. So Apple is obviously doing something right and hitting a market that wants a feature rich small smart phone.

Not everyone wants a phablet, this is fine

I thought the SE was basically a 6S inside..

There's demand for small flagships. I bet if it sells decently well, they design it in line with whatever comes next.

Back
Top Bottom