Biking trip in BC | GTAMotorcycle.com

Biking trip in BC

Footy

Man, I miss going out. The weather is so beautiful outside but the pandemic is taking the toll on us all.

I can't help but remember the biking trip this time around last year. I and my partner had gone to the Lochside trail and it was an amazing experience. This year, we are safely locked down in our Downtown apartment and couldn't leave to enjoy the amazing weather. Nevertheless, I'm sharing my experience from last year while vicariously living my own experiences while staring outside the window, down at Canada Place.

It was 6 AM on a Saturday morning. 19th May 2019. After a lot of planning and time management for over two months, we finally got off from work and took a day off from our busy schedules to do justice to the beautiful summer day. We were worried throughout the week as the weather gets funny over the week. We were praying for it to be sunny on the day of our trip, and it turned out just as we thought. We took a sigh of relief, loaded our bikes on to the trooper, and packed our bags with all the essentials that we'd need. Just a reminder to all those who are planning bike trips, here are some essentials that you must absolutely carry with you:

Basic essentials: Water bottle or hydration pack, Smartphone, GPS or route map, Sunglasses or clear lenses, Sunscreen, Emergency contact info.

Nutrition Supplies: Electrolyte powder, Energy bars, Nuts, and Fresh fruits.

For the bike: Panniers (20- or 40-liter), Trunk bag, Rain covers and/or plastic bags, Daypack, Extra Water bottle mounts, Headlight, Fixed blade Knives for survival or an emergency, Flashlights, Bike Lock, and Mirror

Clothing: Bike Helmet, Cycling gear, rain jacket, Bike shoes, socks, sweatbands, and bike gloves

Others: Credit/Debit Card, Cash, Driver’s license, Tissues, First aid kit, and Cameras.

Phew! With everything packed up, we started the trip from our apartment and drove for the next hour until we reached the Schwartz Bay. We parked our trooper and unloaded the bags and bikes.
From there, we took the Ferry and for about the next two hours we kept moving in the ferry without making any stop until we reached the destination.

Lochside is a 29 km long trail and going all the way wasn't something we were up for. So we decided to make a half cyclathon and we'd return after 15 km.

It was a beautiful experience as we rode through multiple sights like the Galloping goose, Swanlake sanctuary, and Mcminn park.

We clicked a lot of pictures and the weather was kind to us.

It was so tiring which we realized only as we reached home that night.

Are you in BC or Toronto?

Lots of riders out in Southern Ontario and some long day trips in the works plus even some multi-day in the planning stages

I'm in BC. Downtown, Vancouver.
Wow, lots of riders. That's so nice. You'll go on biking trips often?

Do you ride up to Ioco? ... or down or whatever :) I like riding Ioco

Back
Top Bottom