Bikes under $3K | GTAMotorcycle.com

Bikes under $3K

Has anyone found any of the Japanese bike brands between 500 to 1000cc for sale and certified?
new? Unlikely, even the xr150L is probably mid 5 or 6k OTD.

Anything used and under 3k is probably gonna be in rough shape as well, but im sure you can find something on kijiji

Funny how times change, my first bike(not that long ago) was a used 2013 cbr500r, that I bought for 3.2, it was pretty clean and in good condition, now days, fugget about it.

Kijiji has been barely working for me lately for some reason, tons of HTTP errors. These are a few I could find:

There are a million more "should pass safety" and I am comfortable judging that for myself, but that is not an option for everybody

This one demonstrates a problem - a safety cert is not an ironclad guarantee. If this bike DOES need caliper seals, then it should not pass a safety! (In case it's not completely clear, I am NOT recommending this bike)

Covid screwed everything up (as we're all perilously aware).
Used bike prices went through the roof because there weren't enough new ones to go around.
Anything under $3K isn't likely worth buying I'm afraid.

This one demonstrates a problem - a safety cert is not an ironclad guarantee. If this bike DOES need caliper seals, then it should not pass a safety! (In case it's not completely clear, I am NOT recommending this bike)
Not to mention it's nearly 40 years old.
There was a time (not that long ago) it would have likely been in landfill buy now.
The Japanese didn't build in enough poor quality control and planned obsolescence.

Although it was just over at $3100, I did get my 2002 Yamaha FZ1 only a few months ago. It was in very good condition with a fair bit of useful extras too (full hard luggage/racks, Corbin seat, touring windshield, new rubber, chain/sprockets and a lot more). I certified it, but it needed nothing for safety.

I think it didn't sell quick because of a poor quality ad and pics, but it was pretty well maintained.

I disagree with this somewhat. When I flipped through Kijiji just now, things looked exactly as I expected. It is peak riding season, so prices go up a little. If I had to buy a bike with that budget today (I could limit it to $2500 to count the bikes that aren't safetied and still be somewhat fair) I could still find something I would be happy with. Plus that's not very far off what I typically spend anyway lol

Covid screwed everything up (as we're all perilously aware).
Used bike prices went through the roof because there weren't enough new ones to go around.
yes^.
I also believe the beginner bikes prices (250-500 cc) are rising due to insurance pressure on young or new riders. these small bikes are the only thing new riders can get insured - of course the price rises with the demand. but bargain 1000's are out there for the experienced..like a 3 grand FZ1 that passes safety no problem..yeah baby happy hunting lol

Well !'m one of the converted for smaller cc and less expensive rides....did not think I could get a decent under 200cc ride but it has been fun chasing.
2019-yamaha-xmax-71.jpg
This will do highway, only 900 km on a 2019.
A little over my budget but ticked all the boxes
I gave up riding in Japan to spend a bit more here. Very similar to my Burgman 650s but half the weight
Scooters are so popular elsewhere in the world.
Weighs the same as my CB300F but even better fuel mileage and since I'll be back several times seeing my son through his cancer challenge happy to put a little extra in and insurance ( $699 ) can be cancelled for a refund for remaining portion works well for my use.. Have inside storage at the kids.
See ya at the Forks next week I hope. Friday pickup I'm told. 🍿

Back
Top Bottom