Bike Thefts, time to do something ourselves . . . | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Bike Thefts, time to do something ourselves . . .

Completely off topic.
But a friend of mine was being chased by the cops on his bike.
Another friend had a police scanner.
He called in a dead body, all the police in the area had to report to the scene of the dead body.
My friend rode home free.

So much wrong with this story... I believe you are joking?

I'm listening to Durham on my scanner right now.
Ohhhhhh nice! :) What scanner if you don't mind me askin, or do you know of the cheapest model I could pick up that would work with them?

-Jamie M.

OOps, you're right. Only EMS. I stand corrupted.
Ok, good stuff. I was about to slap my cipher analyst friend for not coming through for me :)

-Jamie M.

Just a hypothetical of course but still...
you-see-how-you-scum.jpg

Back to attempting to solve this problem or at least deter it.

1) The retail store tether alarms could be a good idea, maybe even attach some sort of smoke device to it so that your bike doesn't get damaged and the thieves leave due to the amount of risk.

2) Since it seems that most of the bikes are taken by being thrown into stolen vans, maybe a smoke device set up on a gyro would work, once the bike was layed over the smoke would go off. The van would fill with smoke rendering it undriveable. Cops get the stolen van back and your bike stays put.

Just spitballing, anyone else have any ideas?

Camera locked to the instrument panel with a cheap display screen that shows them their faces being recorded, makes that little "click" picture taking noise, and transmits it wirelessly back to a central server. Facial recognition is such that you can track them down pretty quickly if it goes to the police.

Following the reports of bikes being stolen in many underground parking areas I understand that sting operations have been set up in certain condos/apartments.
Say no more.

2) Since it seems that most of the bikes are taken by being thrown into stolen vans, maybe a smoke device set up on a gyro would work, once the bike was layed over the smoke would go off. The van would fill with smoke rendering it undriveable. Cops get the stolen van back and your bike stays put.

I like.

G2) said:
Since it seems that most of the bikes are taken by being thrown into stolen vans, maybe a smoke device set up on a gyro would work, once the bike was layed over the smoke would go off. The van would fill with smoke rendering it undriveable. Cops get the stolen van back and your bike stays put

Van fills with smoke, thieves can't see where they're going and run over a mother and child at a crosswalk... Guess who's on the hook for that one?

The issues with doing something about thieves are these:

#1. Motorcycle thieves are not exclusively motorcycle thieves.
#2. Usually, thieves are involved with drugs.
#3. Drugs usually involve weapons.

#3 is what is going to get you into massive ****. It's one thing when you're just punking off a bunch of kids staring you down at STC, it's another when it's organized crime. Honestly, the only thing I can think of is, seriously, Semtex.

If you know anyone in an university or college in some kind of chemistry program, explosives are not very hard to make (or smuggle out). There are MASSIVE flaws w/ this solution tho:

a. You may kill yourself if you forget to disarm it.
b. Accidental detonation will lead to...well, stuff blowing up.
c. You will probably get jail time.

So all you can do is let your imagination do the work, day dream about dragging their heads across the wall like Hulk does because I don't think there is anything we can ever do =/

If you're stupid. They would be able to trace your call.
Payphones are so hard to find these days.

I was about to slap my cipher analyst friend for not coming through for me :)

-Jamie M.
Do it anyways... he needs motivation.

Option 1 ) put bike in cage inside another cage. have the outer one connected to ground, and the inner one connected to the hot of an upscale transformer. have some capacitors to keep the charge if they unplug it.
you are allowed to have electric fencing, for animal control... just leave a couple dead rats on the ground next to the cage.

Option 2 ) leave the bike in gear with the clutch locked, and put a row of razor blades under the tail.

Option 3 ) just like a treadmill or a jet ski, have a wire attached (with a lock) to the bike. Have it wired so once the wire gets unpluged, the garage door stops working, building alarm goes off and police get called. This is actually really easy to implement assuming the condo would cooperate.

the best option really is to live in a condo that will pay for upgraded surveillance cameras and better lighting. Have a camera at the door keypad, just like an atm.

Last edited:
If you're stupid. They would be able to trace your call.
Sure buddy so lets say you are smart. How do you do this?

You can see how your story really doesn't make sense, unless you give some more detail. Such as how did said buddy with scanner know that said buddy was being chased in the first place. Being vague is not helping. Your responces are making you sound like a genious btw.

in august I got off work late, around 11pm. Went to the bike and saw a guy kicking my bike and i heard a loud crack... i yelled at him, and he started running... my nature instinct kicked in and I ran after the guy... i had my full bike gear on so I felt pretty invincible at that moment. I chased him down and tackled him from behind and full running speed. ( I play baskeball every week so it was like a fast break... lol) i could have hit him with my helmet but I didn't want to risk killing the guy... so i just tacked him, got back up to my feet right away ready to kick him back down if he tries to fight me. Called the cops and told them what happened.

They got to me quick and after i told them i tackled him, they said "good for you!"... lol

at the end, the guy was kind of a bum, he got a night in "jail" and I had to pay out of my own pocket to fix all the broken stuff and had to live with some of the scratches.....

At the end of the day, ppl with money to buy toys will lose because ppl who does these things don't have much to lose anyways. Just have to remember good things will eventually happen to good ppl

Started parking my bike at the condo again. I tied in wireless cameras recording to my server activated through the i1100 alarm.

Feed is transferred to my server via wifi while in range and gps when out of range using the i1100 servers. The cameras front, rear, instrument cluster. They are very small and hard to detect.

The cameras have their own batteries however are tied in to the bike battery and alarm battery back up.

If this actually works should the bike get taken I should sell this to scorpio or private law enforcement :)

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom