Bike ran out of oil... while riding... so what now? :( | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Bike ran out of oil... while riding... so what now? :(

I am dying in anticipation here. I wonder if OP will update us?

42 posts in 5 hours...you guys kill me lets assume cuteblackfox has noblackbox would the help be as forth coming LOL

From those on the forum who have the knowledge and really want to help...yes the help would be forthcoming regardless of the OP's tag.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

I think the mystery hole has been identified, but just to be clear (OP please confirm), we are talking about oil appearing as if it is leaking from hole 'C'. In actuality, it is likely leaking from the filter cap near hole 'C'. Correct?

Hole Reference.jpg

Funny how people ask for help but don't bother taking the time to answer the questions people that are trying to help have so they have the information to be able to help them.

OP, consider my willingness to help withdrawn.

Good luck.

Wow, what a disaster. And I mean the thread, not the bike.

We don't even know if it had an oil leak! We know the bike stopped on the highway the day after an oil change, and there was some oil next to the oil filter cover. I'll bet $20 the oil level was fine. Who's in on it with me? If anything good comes of this thread, it'll be that it makes me money!

My guess – He realized he screwed up big time causing the issue and has gone silent.

I'm sorry, but the OP's posts are almost hilarious. I mean, this is a tragedy for sure, but being so devoid of any mechanical aptitude the OP's answers floored me. Almost a Bob Newhart comedy script.

The facts as stated by OP:

Drove the bike until it stopped working.

Disappointed there was no oil coming out of the hole (posts pic of three bolts, but no hole).

OP didn't do the oil change (no info on who did it, but new anxious to please BF comes to mind).

Silence.

:lol:

I'm sorry, but the OP's posts are almost hilarious. I mean, this is a tragedy for sure, but being so devoid of any mechanical aptitude the OP's answers floored me. Almost a Bob Newhart comedy script.

The facts as stated by OP:

Drove the bike until it stopped working.

Disappointed there was no oil coming out of the hole (posts pic of three bolts, but no hole).

OP didn't do the oil change (no info on who did it, but new anxious to please BF comes to mind).

Silence.

:lol:

Aww don't tease him

Not sure what the hole is but if you were riding without oil to the effect that the bike stopped on the highway then there is definitely going to be hole in your budget. Engines usually need oil to run.

About 25 years younger a friend of mine was doing an engine overhaul on his car. He did a great job. Put everything together and took the car out for a ride. About a km later the engine went...puff puff puff and stopped as he forgot to put oil in the engine when he was done with the overhaul.

Being good friends, we all sympathised with him, when we were with him but we laughed our ***** off behind his back. Sorry Adam.

$5 says the bike stopping on the highway had nothing to do with the oil change and alleged "leak", which sounds like it may not be a leak at all.

The bike is listed on kijiji for top doll hair. Someone shows up to look at it he goes sorry bro battery dead, but it runs mint bro.

good point - could also be that the person measured the oil level with the bike on the stand instead of standing straight ...

What? Are you talking about rear stand or side stand?

I mean, if you're looking at the sight glass while on the side stand, you're gonna overfill.

If you're looking at the sight glass while on the center stand, or on flat ground; the difference is negligible.. This is per my experience of about 12 oil changes, in which I've filled the bike on center stand, started it, checked it, then lowered to both wheels and checked again. It's always the same.

Quote Originally Posted by ZX600 View Post
good point - could also be that the person measured the oil level with the bike on the stand instead of standing straight ...

What? Are you talking about rear stand or side stand?

I mean, if you're looking at the sight glass while on the side stand, you're gonna overfill.

If you're looking at the sight glass while on the center stand, or on flat ground; the difference is negligible.. This is per my experience of about 12 oil changes, in which I've filled the bike on center stand, started it, checked it, then lowered to both wheels and checked again. It's always the same.

I am sure ZX600 meant the side stand.....

And your right, there should be no difference if your on the center stand or on 2 wheels and not leaning either way, you should get the same reading

Side stand vs centered and upright will have different amounts. Depending on the side of the sight glass it will be over or under filled. Not by a huge margin, maybe half a liter. Every manual I've ever read recommended the level of oil be checked with the bike upright on level ground. That's besides the point...there would still be most of the oil if under filled. Probably not enough to total the engine. However if no oil was added and only the dregs from draining...that would total the engine after a good run.

Back
Top Bottom