best place/shop/dealer to replace my YUASA YTX20L-BS battery | GTAMotorcycle.com

best place/shop/dealer to replace my YUASA YTX20L-BS battery

canada

hi all!....well...did it again (left key on) for the umpteenth time and finally killed the battery (8 years of my abuse). Where's the best spot in Toronto for a great price on a replacement. i'm at Jane/Bloor! I know they run around $100?...do they need an initial charge?...stick with the yuasa, or try a crappy tire for the rest of this season and get a new OEM yuasa in the spring?.... sigh....

hi all!....well...did it again (left key on) for the umpteenth time and finally killed the battery (8 years of my abuse). Where's the best spot in Toronto for a great price on a replacement. i'm at Jane/Bloor! I know they run around $100?...do they need an initial charge?...stick with the yuasa, or try a crappy tire for the rest of this season and get a new OEM yuasa in the spring?.... sigh....

I would get the battery you want now, not sure why you would get something else only to replace again in the spring. I would imagine most bike shops would carry or could get the battery you are looking for. I like Yuasa batteries, have been using them in my last 2 bikes. On a new bike right now so sticking with what is in there. I purchased mine from Kitchener Harley and they would charge it for me before pickup.

Nobody has a charger that can follow the manufacturer's charging recommendations unless they have a Battery Tender Jr.

Why specifically the Jr model?

How do the Flying Squirrel's prices compares to Kapsco?
Well Kapscomoto brings their batteries in directly from China so I'm not sure anyone can compete with their prices.

Why specifically the Jr model?
When I got my new battery there was an initial charging guide that came with it. The regular Battery Tender would have charged it at DOUBLE what they were recommending, so the Battery Tender Jr was the only one that had the correct current output for initial charging.

You don't need a Battery Tender Jr. to initially charge the battery.

The YTX20L is a 18Ah battery, which is a larger capacity. You must be putting it in a Harley or Goldwing.

The recommended charging rate is ~10% of the capacity, so 1.8A should be fine. The Battery Tender Jr puts out .75A, and while it is safe, it will take much longer than the standard motorcycle chargers which are about 1.5A. Don't use anything more than 2A or it'll overheat the battery and lower its lifetime.

The only reason I can see why you'd need to charge at .75A is if you have a smaller capacity battery, like for a dirt-bike.

My last battery was from Walmart. Had to add the stuff myself. Will see how long it lasts.

It charged up with my car charger fine, but read the fine manual that comes with it.

Back
Top Bottom