beginner track courses | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

beginner track courses

two piece suits are useless as a jacket the seam is way to high buy a one piece and a jacket if you want a jacket for the street.

The pair of 2 piece race suits made for me at IM Leather were far from useless. They were excellent.

Racer5 (Stage 4 and up) and FAST.
Did the Stage 4 last summer and was making good progress until the skies opened up and killed the day around lunch time.
Went out in the wet once.. not so super.. no rain tires, just S20 hypersport tires.. no fun at all trying to go fast through standing puddles on the track (GB).
Had to go out in the rain on stone cold slicks at Grand Bend to get my race license. Good fun lol

Racer5 (Stage 4 and up) and FAST.
Did the Stage 4 last summer and was making good progress until the skies opened up and killed the day around lunch time.
Went out in the wet once.. not so super.. no rain tires, just S20 hypersport tires.. no fun at all trying to go fast through standing puddles on the track (GB).

I haven't ridden CTMP DDC, but I heard its really small. Not a fan of GB personally, Id much rather do something at Shanonville. My heart is at Mosport big track or Callabogie, those are the tracks I like to rider and would like to improve the most. Reading their site, seems a stage 5 would be more what Im interested in. Just wish is was at one of the larger tracks I like riding more. I dont really plan on ever riding GB or DDC, but who knows might just have too. Suspension setup and adjustment is a big one for me, I kinda just ride the bike right now and dont know what the hell Im doing or what changes to make. I ride till I get sketchy and then I slow down, but I think with some direction I can push harder

Is there different levels at FAST, or just the one course? I see you can use your own bike so thats ideal, and its at Shann so I like that better
Phase 1, 2 & 3. Phase 1 is for beginners and so on...
Probably do 2 + 3 this year and get my race license once I make some improvements.

Phase 1, 2 & 3. Phase 1 is for beginners and so on...
Probably do 2 + 3 this year and get my race license once I make some improvements.

Do you know if you have to do all 3 with them? Or can you do just 3 or the race lic alone?

Do you know if you have to do all 3 with them? Or can you do just 3 or the race lic alone?

You can get your race license through soar and I believe race as well directly. . No other courses needed. If you want one on one training at mosport or bogie, pay for a fast guys trackday. Most pros will gladly help you out if your paying the way.

I don't think it's mandatory to do P1 if you have some track experience. Since P3 is their most serious, I'd assume you'd have to do P2 in order to show you're capable of riding at P3 level.

I'm not sure if you can buy a race license after phase 2 or not but I'd want to do phase 3 for sure so it's not really a problem for me. If you just want to get your license, you might just want to tough it out and get it with SOAR @ GB. Supposed to be easier...

You can get your race license through soar and I believe race as well directly. . No other courses needed. If you want one on one training at mosport or bogie, pay for a fast guys trackday. Most pros will gladly help you out if your paying the way.

I should contact SOAR I already had a race lic with them years ago. So I need to find out if it's just a renewal or another course I'd have to do to get it renewed

I haven't ridden CTMP DDC, but I heard its really small.

Well, the best way to put CTMP DDT isn't really small, but tight. You never get past 3rd gear on a 600, and then only for a few seconds at a time.
The track is very smooth (totally redone after all) and is definitely challenging to go fast on. Not too many passing zones, but if you set up a pass properly it's nicely doable.

Well, the best way to put CTMP DDT isn't really small, but tight. You never get past 3rd gear on a 600, and then only for a few seconds at a time.
The track is very smooth (totally redone after all) and is definitely challenging to go fast on. Not too many passing zones, but if you set up a pass properly it's nicely doable.

That is what I have heard, very tight, not may places to pass, and no high speeds. So for me probably only really fun if I do it on my super moto. I love bigger tracks with elevation changes and blind corners, that's what gets me going so if I am going to spend the money on a track day Id rather spend more for one of the larger tracks like Mosport or Callabogie.

Back
Top Bottom