Backing out of purchase agreement | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Backing out of purchase agreement

So, did you contact the dealership yet? What did they say?

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Times are a changing. That is a shame. Call me old fashioned.
A Gentleman was taken at his word. A hand shake was the be all and end all. Trust was really trust. No stabbing in the back. Only kind words where spoken.
Social media helps spread the good/bad word. It also can ruin a person, company because ONE person has spoken.
Judgment was allowed to spread, often without a true word spoken.

Just look at what is going on in the media now. Need I say more?

I don’t remember the contract saying I become labelled a “liar” or “untrustworthy” if I decide I no longer like or agree with any term of the contract

Do you even have a clue what you're saying?

Familiarize yourself with the definition of the word 'contract' please.

You are absolutely untrustworthy if you decide you 'no longer like or agree with any term of the contract' after you signed it. In fact that's a textbook definition of untrustworthy. Jeez.

Last edited:
probably it's time to wrap it up
not much left to be said

It’s still the off-season, there’s another 2-3 pages of life left in this thread.

My god, he's not mass stealing lollipops from children, enough with the moral police. Everyone so friggin' righteous.

Asking doesn't hurt. ... And do you guys think that dealerships are some sort of paragon of ethics?

I have just recently double booked hotels on the same date by accident. No cancellation policy. Made an agreement. Do you think I paid them both just not to hurt their feelings and be a standout citizen? No, I contacted one of them and asked if they would be nice enough to cancel and give me all my money back. And yes, I understand they didn't have to. But I asked. And it worked.

Dealerships will take you for what they can. If they make a mistake on a signed contract, they will try to intimidate you in various ways that might not be illegal, but definitely close to immoral. Been there, had it happen. So, NO, I don't have any sympathy for them. It is a signed contract though so it does go both ways. Doesn't hurt to try to get a better deal.

My thoughts are that the longer you wait, the less forgiving they will be. I realize they don't have to "deal" with you...you signed a binding contract. Here is a little twist... Maybe they are honoring YOUR contract and have had guys call to purchase your machine at a the non-show higher price but they have held it for you in good faith and business / customer relation. It won't cost you more to simply ask...but you won't find out here on a forum. They may want out of the deal as much as you...
Good luck.

So, did you contact the dealership yet? What did they say?

Suspect butthurt from not getting answer he wanted to hear. Anticipate no response.

Home developers are facing this same issue. people put down deposits on new unconstructed homes last year, now the market has changed and the home is worth considerably less, (some tens of thousands of dollars less). The developers are doing exactly what the dealer will likely do with you.

Too bad, so sad. had the property or your bike appreciated in value, you wouldn't just give them the extra cash. It is called speculation. YOU made a deal, likely without doing a ton of research and now "think" your getting burned. The bike you agreed to purchase is worth EXACTLY, what YOU agreed to purchase it for. STOP looking online and thinking "man I could have saved $750 bucks over what I spent. Consider the deal done the money spent, and enjoy your new shiny bike. Take it as life lesson, (thankfully one that didn't cost you tens of thousands).

Difference being that a house will appreciate in value over time(unless you are buying to flip) and an average vehicle will always loose value.

some bikes go up, RC45, ducati sport classic 1000, anything Vincent built, Hesketh, original z900. Or cars, '70 cuda, 68 camaro, any mustang before '73.
You just have to pick your fights , and once you sign up for a fight..........

I think you're outta luck dude. - you're likely better playing a sympathy card to get them onside to letting you out of contract without penalty.

Being straight up, they might just let you out of the contract, but that deposit is likely gone.

A couple of years before McBride's closed shop, I bought a new bike in the late fall for a great price and they agreed to hold it until spring. Over the winter they still had a couple of those previous year bikes in stock and they advertised an even lower price than I bought mine for a few months earlier. I called the salesman who spoke to the owner and they lowered the price to the advertised price. They did not have to do this as we had a legally binding agreement. It was the second new bike I ever bought from them and obviously my last when they closed a few years later. You won't find many businesses this honest except for maybe JP Bikes in Whitby.

OP you really not going to tell us what happened?...

If he went into the dealer with the same “I ain’t gonna pay you if I don’t want to” attitude he took here, I doubt it went well for him.

Life lesson time.

Hope the OP NEVER decides to get married... there is likely a prettier woman out there, that will come along, at that point he will advise his wife to be she needs to let him out, pay all the expenses and feel good that his "word is good"...lmao

My god, he's not mass stealing lollipops from children, enough with the moral police. Everyone so friggin' righteous.

Asking doesn't hurt. ... And do you guys think that dealerships are some sort of paragon of ethics?

I have just recently double booked hotels on the same date by accident. No cancellation policy. Made an agreement. Do you think I paid them both just not to hurt their feelings and be a standout citizen? No, I contacted one of them and asked if they would be nice enough to cancel and give me all my money back. And yes, I understand they didn't have to. But I asked. And it worked.

Not that everyone else is so self righteous, it is the "I am ENTITLED to this and the dealership BETTER play along or else, I might not buy from them again", attitude. Good chance given this experience they will be VERY happy if he goes elsewhere. Plus the comment "my word is my bond, yet I am backing out of a signed contract which is based upon my word.

OP some honest and pertinent questions for you.

1. have you contacted the "other dealership" to confirm that is the "actual price" and that they have the bike in the color that you want available at THAT price?
2. are you comparing apples to apples? is it possible the bike you AGREED to purchase, doesn't have any "extras installed? Also are the dealerships in the same geographical area? It would be unreasonable to expect a dealership, (say Snow City), to be able to match the pricing of a Dealership, (say HB Cycle), when one is in Scarborough and the other in rural Lyndsay, when their costs are MUCH higher.
3 have you considered service? If you buy close to home it is easy to get service done, if you buy from another dealership, the one closer to you will be in NO rush to service your bike, (IE Your bike goes to the bottom of the list)

Back
Top Bottom