Australian Safety Posters | GTAMotorcycle.com

Australian Safety Posters

BigEvilDoer

So I wonder why we don’t have the balls to use posters and advertisements like the Aussies do…
These posters are brilliant.

I’m guessing people here will get all butt hurt because they will feel the posters are too graphic.
Others will be butt hurt because “that’s never going to happen to me ‘cause I’m awesome”.

IMG_0799.jpeg

IMG_0800.jpeg
IMG_0801.jpeg
IMG_0802.jpeg
IMG_0803.jpeg

Nothing graphic about them.

I think that the riders that this is aimed at would be fine with such advertising. They are the target audience and already know the risks and accept them.

The ones that would find this too graphic or inappropriate because they are to0 soft are NOT the target audience.
And are the ones that the governments wants to please.

Sad but true.

Last edited:
Anyone remember the posters many years ago in the Beer stores and LCBO? "Zapped,Blasted,Smashed"

Nothing graphic about them.

I think that the riders that this is aimed at would be fine with such advertising. They are the target audience and already know the risks and accept them.

The ones that would find this too graphic or inappropriate because they are to0 soft are NOT the target audience.
And are the ones that the governments wants to please.

Sad but true.
All the bikes are 300cc, targeting beginners - good idea.

Nurses in emergency in Aus don't call them motorbikes, they are called donorbikes. Australia probably has more bike accidents per year then canada but I think if it was judged by per km riden it would be a lot less statistically

Nurses in emergency in Aus don't call them motorbikes, they are called donorbikes. Australia probably has more bike accidents per year then canada but I think if it was judged by per km riden it would be a lot less statistically
Same got nurses here, “donorcycles”

Partner got tired of picking gravel from riders....
This one will surprise you
That's a great commercial.

But sadly it will only resonate with people (like many on here) who realize that they can and do make mistakes no matter how skilled a road user they believe themselves to be.

There's FAR to large a contingent of road users who believe themselves to be infallible and always blame the other guy who, should have seen them or shouldn't have been going so fast or slow. There's always a reason and they're NEVER the problem or contribute to the unfortunate outcome.

Partner got tired of picking gravel from riders....
This one will surprise you
Great commercial, but even in the commercial they put the blame on the guy driving in basically a straight line rather than the one that actually caused the accident. At what speed do people have to drive before the ones at fault finally take the blame for their mistakes? If the guy going in a straight line was going 10km/h slower, there still would have been an accident. At 20km/h slower, maybe just a fender bender. Why do we always have to cater to the lowest common denominator? Why don't more people actually fail road tests? If it's a privilege, then why is it bestowed on anyone that asks? That makes it a right.
/rant

Great commercial, but even in the commercial they put the blame on the guy driving in basically a straight line rather than the one that actually caused the accident. At what speed do people have to drive before the ones at fault finally take the blame for their mistakes? If the guy going in a straight line was going 10km/h slower, there still would have been an accident. At 20km/h slower, maybe just a fender bender. Why do we always have to cater to the lowest common denominator? Why don't more people actually fail road tests? If it's a privilege, then why is it bestowed on anyone that asks? That makes it a right.
/rant
What I got from the commercial:

The guy pulling out made a hasty decision and didn't give himself enough time to recognize the closing speed of the approaching car.

The guy approaching the intersection was speeding beyond the safe limit for the road, taking into account the upcoming intersection as an example of potential hazards.

Both were not paying enough attention to their surroundings.

I've done both over the years and a pre-season reminder landed well for me.

The may have made the guy speeding seem less sympathetic than the dude with the kid in the car, but it's a smart commercial from any perspective.

There's FAR to large a contingent of road users who believe themselves to be infallible and always blame the other guy who, should have seen them or shouldn't have been going so fast or slow. There's always a reason and they're NEVER the problem or contribute to the unfortunate outcome.
And that contingent also buys themselves bigger vehicles to better protect themselves (at the expense of others). If at at-fault crash bumped you down to a suzuki swift, you'd better improve your driving quickly as you will die in your tin can if you are in a crash.

And the Aussies also have the balls to tell foreners that you play by our rules or $%c# off and leave.
Is that still true or is that how it was?

Back
Top Bottom