...are being asked to stay away from terms like Mr., Mrs., father and mother | Page 7 | GTAMotorcycle.com

...are being asked to stay away from terms like Mr., Mrs., father and mother

That's CBC propaganda (Liberal controlled left leaning media) that has zero meaning because there is no election being held today. The opposition is still banking Trudeau's missteps -- it just too early to capitalize on them, doing so now could prompt a correction for the Liberals.

The poll is propaganda? How is the CBC part of the poll? It is an aggregate of polls not conducted by them.That's what we're talking about. Either we use the poll as valid or not.

Says who that we're over the limit? Aside from the fact that money is cheap, Ontario has been paying its bills without any issues and our sub sovereign debt rating is great... We're in a period of spend, primarily on infrastructure because we've been able to lock in 30 year cheap debt at rates that have been record lows.

Lots of complaints from the peanut gallery on spent money as per usual, just short on financial sense.

FYI, a big chunk of government capital spend has gone mostly to hospitals, then to transit projects.
Uhhh no. Yes money is cheap and if we were investing in infrastructure that might be a sound argument.

The increase in deficit is not due to infrastructure spending -- look around, so you see new rapid transit? New highways and airports? Or do you see boondoggling projects like Metrolinx and Presto that sit and gobble funds. Add a massive expansion of gov't payroll, 30% (or 6x private sector job growth) since Libs started. Then then add funding some very substantial waste -- Gas plant $1billion, E-health $8billion, Presto, $560 million, hydro rebate $21B... those are the ones I remember.

It makes no sense, it make no sense -- their just blowin' high dough.

The poll is propaganda? How is the CBC part of the poll? It is an aggregate of polls not conducted by them.That's what we're talking about. Either we use the poll as valid or not.
As stated, there is no election today so what do polls mean when there is no pending election or campaign? Nothing.

Once an election is called -- that's different.

By the way, you can't aggregate polls unless the polls are all measuring exactly the same thing -- which in theory would yield exactly the same result and therefor be a meaningless exercise. As was the CBC article.

Uhhh no. Yes money is cheap and if we were investing in infrastructure that might be a sound argument.

The increase in deficit is not due to infrastructure spending -- look around, so you see new rapid transit? New highways and airports? Or do you see boondoggling projects like Metrolinx and Presto that sit and gobble funds. Add a massive expansion of gov't payroll, 30% (or 6x private sector job growth) since Libs started. Then then add funding some very substantial waste -- Gas plant $1billion, E-health $8billion, Presto, $560 million, hydro rebate $21B... those are the ones I remember.

It makes no sense, it make no sense -- their just blowin' high dough.

There is lots of highway work going on, you're just not aware of it; the successful stuff doesn't make the news. Highway 427 and 407 is expanding. There are also 3 LRT procurements going on at this very moment, one major bridge procurement, and Eglinton LRT (the largest infra project in Canada) is well on its way to being completed. Waterloo just got an LRT system (vehicles are late due to bombardier, but that's another issue). There are also multiple station/rail upgrades as part of MXs regional express rail plan with a massive contract for electrification expected soon. This just off the top of my head and this is just just the transit/transport side; there is at least as much going on in social infrastructure... it's not hard to google them if you really want to find out what is being built. There is an unprecedented spend on infrastructure going on right now. I'm not going to defend gas plants or e-health, they were government cock-ups but I think it's a stretch in my mind to say that there is no infra spend when the Province of Ontario is one of the largest infrastructure buyers in the world.

There is lots of highway work going on, you're just not aware of it; the successful stuff doesn't make the news. Highway 427 and 407 is expanding. There are also 3 LRT procurements going on at this very moment, one major bridge procurement, and Eglinton LRT (the largest infra project in Canada) is well on its way to being completed. Waterloo just got an LRT system (vehicles are late due to bombardier, but that's another issue). There are also multiple station/rail upgrades as part of MXs regional express rail plan with a massive contract for electrification expected soon. This just off the top of my head and this is just just the transit/transport side; there is at least as much going on in social infrastructure... it's not hard to google them if you really want to find out what is being built. There is an unprecedented spend on infrastructure going on right now. I'm not going to defend gas plants or e-health, they were government cock-ups but I think it's a stretch in my mind to say that there is no infra spend when the Province of Ontario is one of the largest infrastructure buyers in the world.
Low dough. Make me a list of meaningful infrastructure investments with costs -- then we can talk.

Low dough. Make me a list of meaningful infrastructure investments with costs -- then we can talk.

I'm not your personal google nor am I here to educate you. You mentioned there was no "infrastructure investment" and I named a bunch of stuff that happened in the last 2 years to show you you're talking out of your ***. This is your cue to do some more research because you're opining on things that you clearly are not informed about.

I'm not your personal google nor am I here to educate you. You mentioned there was no "infrastructure investment" and I named a bunch of stuff that happened in the last 2 years to show you you're talking out of your ***. This is your cue to do some more research because you're opining on things that you clearly are not informed about.
You mentioned a few things that are low dough. They are tidbits in a budget that dwarfs anything a province has seen n Canadian history.

You made your points, how about you do the googling to back them up?

Who the **** cares? If it makes someone more comfortable, is it really a big deal to make minor changes?

Some of the changes they're suggesting aren't an issue, but the one about asking everybody what gender they are before assuming it is complete retardation. Why rewrite social conventions all of a sudden? Men have been misidentified as women, and women as men, since forever. When that happens the person is told the correct gender, they apologize, and everyone moves on.

I'm all on board with our new understanding of the gender spectrum but why should they be coddled about gender mislabeling when men and women have never been coddled on the same subject for millions of years until now?

By making this new rule, they've turned what used to be an honest mistake into harassment! They're completely messing up the way we interact socially and prescribing how we talk to each other, blowing wide open the meaning of harassment to include the slightest insult, even unintentional ones!

Here's the balance sheet from the '18 Federal budget:

bfnxdx6.jpg

We're paying $19.4B interest on $329B debt this year. 5.89% APR. "money is cheap" LOLOLOLOL. And looks like our "period of spend" is the permanent condition.

Can someone please explain the negative symbol here. Does this mean we're taking $2.19B out of the Infrastructure "fund" (to use for the other spending categories)?

xM4y4Vt.png

u3Cl76L.png

Last edited:
And some other tidbits:

xM4y4Vt.png

QFY26as.png

Hope the public sector unions are happy with 0 spent to fix the payroll system

6bo8WPi.png

I bet this is the new long gun registry. Whoops, it's not a long gun registry, rather its a system to enforce authorizations to transfer long guns (with a side benefit of recording who now owns what gun)

oksdqU8.png

Shame!

nCDKOWM.png

"White man speak with forked tongue"

And some other tidbits:

xM4y4Vt.png

QFY26as.png

Hope the public sector unions are happy with 0 spent to fix the payroll system

6bo8WPi.png

I bet this is the new long gun registry. Whoops, it's not a long gun registry, rather its a system to enforce authorizations to transfer long guns (with a side benefit of recording who now owns what gun)

oksdqU8.png

Shame!

nCDKOWM.png

"White man speak with forked tongue"

Well, among other things, we've been talking about the Province, not the Federal Government; they're different entities. Also, that isn't a balance sheet. I'm not sure what you're looking at.

And yes, money is cheap. There isn't a rating agency or credit committee anywhere in the world that wouldn't consider the Canadian Gov't an ultra low-risk borrower. I'm not sure what more I can offer you. It seems you're against all debt, which is fine, we'll agree to disagree.

You mentioned a few things that are low dough. They are tidbits in a budget that dwarfs anything a province has seen n Canadian history.

You made your points, how about you do the googling to back them up?

Eglinton LRT is literally the single largest infrastructure project in Canada... how is that "low dough"? As for backing things up, it has been you asserting that we're in too much debt, wasting too much cash, and not investing in infrastructure. The burden of proof is on you.

Here's the balance sheet from the '18 Federal budget:...We're paying $19.4B interest on $329B debt this year. 5.89% APR. "money is cheap" LOLOLOLOL. And looks like our "period of spend" is the permanent condition.
I think you read this wrong, The deficit is $19.4B, that's the amount you add to the previous year's debt. The Fed debt is currently $650b, interest on that is $24.4B or about 3.75%.

Each 17B that the feds add to the debt (as forecest for each of the next few years) adds $1b to the annual debt service cost. $1B is a lot of money.

Why does every provincial debate need to spin into the feds, and usually a gun debate?? Lots of threads for kicking Mr. dressup and his freinds and thier financial ideas

Says who that we're over the limit? Aside from the fact that money is cheap, Ontario has been paying its bills without any issues and our sub sovereign debt rating is great... We're in a period of spend, primarily on infrastructure because we've been able to lock in 30 year cheap debt at rates that have been record lows.

Lots of complaints from the peanut gallery on spent money as per usual, just short on financial sense.

FYI, a big chunk of government capital spend has gone mostly to hospitals, then to transit projects.
I don't thinks its fair to say the peanut gallery is short on financial sense -- most of us can balance our budgets.

You say were in a 'infrastructure spend' period? I don't see many announcements on those fronts. Free drugs, free dental, free daycare, 25% off hydro, Basic income Welfare... Belly up! All the drinks are on the Crown! .....need I go on?

I don't thinks its fair to say the peanut gallery is short on financial sense -- most of us can balance our budgets.

You say were in a 'infrastructure spend' period? I don't see many announcements on those fronts. Free drugs, free dental, free daycare, 25% off hydro, Basic income Welfare... Belly up! All the drinks are on the Crown! .....need I go on?

But statistically speaking you probably have a mortgage, a car loan, a line of credit, and several credit cards as well. Presumably you didn't buy your house with cash...

If it's announcements you were missing, here ya go pal:
https://www.ontario.ca/page/building-ontario
http://infrastructureontario.ca/News/

I wish you luck, friend. We're obviously not changing each other's minds.

Last edited:
But statistically speaking you probably have a mortgage, a car loan, a line of credit, and several credit cards as well. Presumably you didn't buy your house with cash...

If it's announcements you were missing, here ya go pal:
https://www.ontario.ca/page/building-ontario
http://infrastructureontario.ca/News/

I wish you luck, friend. We're obviously not changing each other's minds.
My house and car are investments - buying a house 25 years ago saves me money today, and I need my car for work -- also makes money. I have credit cards, I've never spent next years salary today -- especially on wants not needs.

Finally, I can't double my debt load every 10 years.

On your infrastructure spend... yes of course there is spending. We're spending about 9% of revenue on Infrastructure -- remember that's a glom of new and maintain, not an infrastructure spending spree. By the way, when I say glom, Liberals roll up deferred maintenance and repairs, cost of rehabbing neglected infrastructure into their 'Infrastructure' numbers. Those are funds stolen from prior years to expand social spending... but that an argument for another day.

Back
Top Bottom