Anyone watching Dakar 2024? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anyone watching Dakar 2024?

Lightcycle

Rounder of bolts, Dropper of tools
Site Supporter
Story for me this year is Mason Klein.

Really young rider, finished 9th in his maiden year at Dakar 2022. Stage 2 winner last year, but unfortunately crashed out with a head injury.

He lost his ride at Bas World KTM and was doubtful whether he would compete at Dakar '24. Then Kove (yes, *that* Chinese manufacturer) stepped up and offered him a ride. But... the bike arrived the day before the prologue stage!

Despite this, he finished a promising 3rd in Stage 1. But mechanicals struck him on Stage 2:

Dakar? I never miss it. One of my favourite motorsport events of the year. It always makes the dark days of January a little easier to take. The motorcycle class is fantastic!

As for the cars, I always root for the Coronel twins, Tim and Tom, from the Netherlands. Cool guys; I'd love to have a beer with them. (y)

Story for me this year is Mason Klein... Despite this, he finished a promising 3rd in Stage 1. But mechanicals struck him on Stage 2:

Is he out, or can he be repaired and re-join?

Get your daily sixty minute Dakar fix on RFM, or find shorter highlights on YouTube.

As for the cars, I always root for the Coronel twins, Tim and Tom, from the Netherlands. Cool guys; I'd love to have a beer with them. (y)

I like Nasser Al-Attiyah. Loved his attitude when he was racing with Toyota.

Also, liked the Audi eTron effort. That car looks badass.

etron.jpg

Is he out, or can he be repaired and re-join?

More mechanicals in Stage 3.

Too far down to place well.

Sad, he's a really good rider.

Last edited:
Haven't caught stage 3 yet but I love watching the highlights every year.
Also love seeing 10min of bike highlights then they do 10sec of quad highlights before moving on to cars because everyone hates quad riders :)

Honda killing it so far this time. Nice to see Ross Branch and Hero doing great.

Age 77 and 33rd Dakar :eek: In a car mind you but still....Jean Pierre Strugo
Good coverage - I like these back stories.

Back
Top Bottom