Anyone need a Aprilia rs 660 engine? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anyone need a Aprilia rs 660 engine?

Cool. Probably only financially viable if you already have and RS660 as it doesn't have electronics/gauges etc.

Just puzzled on what the purpose or intent was for the importer of these engines before they got seized.
Don't know. First one sold for 2000, second for 1780, now there are four more up. So at least a half dozen. Maybe Aprilia screwed up paperwork bringing in warranty engines and it was cheaper to abandon them than to ship them back, fix paperwork and try again? A half dozen spare engines would be a lot for a race team.

Wasn't this posted a while back? Why so many? I'd love to try one in my SXV frame.

Wasn't this posted a while back? Why so many? I'd love to try one in my SXV frame.
Yes it was.
I remember asking for the reasoning behind all of this.

They sold the first one in January. These don't have wiring harness, ecu, gauges, etc so they are a lot of expensive parts away from an engine swap candidate. If you had an rs660 and wanted to see how far you could push the engine, these are pretty cheap spares for when you push too hard.

Back
Top Bottom