Anybody here gone to MotoGP in Japan @ Motegi? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anybody here gone to MotoGP in Japan @ Motegi?

tat2

Site Supporter
Like the title states, does anyone here have experience traveling to Motegi to see MotoGP? I'm looking for hotel recommendations & especially info on getting to/from the track each day.

I've never been but hope to be there this year.
I signed up for notifications for when ticket sales start yesterday.
Obviously the closer to the circuit you stay the spendier it gets, I'll be driving as I'm working in Japan at the time
but I read that you need to reserve ahead of time for buses to the circuit.
I'll be interested in any useful info anyone has also.

you may pay a pretty penny but there are all kinds of companies that incorporate ticket selling with hotel and transportation packages. Check with them and they also have events planned that you can add (paddock walk, meet a former racer etc). google motogp tickets and you'll get plenty of options.

The transportation options getting to and from the track are plenty considering the track itself is in a rural area. I went in 2008 so maybe it's more robust now with updated infrastructure and smartphones tech. Used the bullet train from Saitama/Tokyo then a regular tram then bus to Motegi which felt like 2hrs.

Got my tickets this morning, are you still heading that way?
I ended up with a hotel in Utsunomiya about an hours drive away, wish I'd booked the hotel a long time ago.
I am. Got our tickets Fri night when they went on sale, section V4. A bit of a pain at first, my VISA didn’t wanna work. Even called visa and they checked said all is good. Had to use MC Instead. I’ve heard VISA has had other issues in Japan with foreign issued cards topping up transit cards.

We booked a hotel near the train station in Utsunomiya a while back. Just gotta book the bus.

Just booked the bus to/from the track. You have to book each day separately pay cash at the bus when you board.
I'm travelling from Utsunomiya, but they have busses from Motegi & Tokyo .

Had a great time, but the weather beat us in the end, the car park was a zoo, I don't think the guys were ready for everybody to try and leave early.
Once the got their act together it actually moved pretty smoothly.
The Memsahib got on tv so that was a bonus!
Screenshot_20231001_143613_MotoGP.jpgRain.jpg

I snapped a few photos. Overall we had a blast at the track all 3 days, even though the sun was trying to kill us. Shuttle from Utsinomiya was flawless but I did book the one back to town too early on Fri and had to leave during the last practice. We got soaked Sunday but it didn't matter we still got to the track walk & podium celebrations. JapanGP seats.jpg
Podium.jpg
pole.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom