Alarms | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Alarms

How does that go with "professionally installed"? My insurance is for actual theft coverage, not just paid to get me riding.

Scorpio. Go directly to their website. It's cheaper to order it online right from them than what parts Canada bends you over for. Their retail on the Web is less than shops cost here.

Order the bike specific harness with the alarm and install is a piece of cake. I installed mine in no time and have had no issues on now my second bike with it

I'm insured with TD. They wanted it for my theft coverage. Told them it's on my bike and what model it was. They didn't ask where it was installed. :dontknow:

This is a bit late but I just noticed yesterday that the shock sensor in my Gorrila has stopped working. It was working a week or 2 ago.... Its only about a year old. Also the remote... I almost have to crush the 'arm' button to get it to transmit and arm the alarm...

Thinking of replacing it with a Scorpio....

I have a gorilla and it is a piece of crap, the tilt sensor never really worked and the sensitivity is all screwed.

Scorpio all the way.

I had the Gorilla and the tilt sensor is different to hook up as it has to be flat when the bike is on the kickstand (where most people make the mistake of mounting it flat when the bike is straight up)
Had the alarm for 3 years and love it for the price.
Has a warning chirp if someone touches your bike (Which the sensitivity can be adjusted), full alarm if it comes off the kickstand.
It seems scorpio is just more user friendly if installing yourself and has the proximity sensor (Which I wouldn't want as my bike is parked where people walk near all day and would get annoying as none of them are touching your bike)

This is a bit late but I just noticed yesterday that the shock sensor in my Gorrila has stopped working. It was working a week or 2 ago.... Its only about a year old. Also the remote... I almost have to crush the 'arm' button to get it to transmit and arm the alarm...

Thinking of replacing it with a Scorpio....

Have you changed the batteries? Mine did the same and that was the fix. (The harder you push the buttons, the more chance you have at snapping a connection inside the fob.

Thought that might be my transmitter problems... just have to pry it open I guess. It wont fix the shock sensor however.

I fixed my shock sensor problem!! I decided to take the Gorilla alarm out to see if I could figure out what was going on with the shock sensor. Well it's basically a little metal disk with a small weight on a spring on one side. It had broken off from the little tower it was solder too. I reattached it and voila!!! It works again. Whew, I was about to spend several hundred for a new scorpio. I really don't need the alarm much, mainly to keep TD happy.

pury8u8y.jpg

I fixed my shock sensor problem!! I decided to take the Gorilla alarm out to see if I could figure out what was going on with the shock sensor. Well it's basically a little metal disk with a small weight on a spring on one side. It had broken off from the little tower it was solder too. I reattached it and voila!!! It works again. Whew, I was about to spend several hundred for a new scorpio. I really don't need the alarm much, mainly to keep TD happy.

pury8u8y.jpg

Thanks for this -- I just moved my alarm to my new bike and noticed the shock sensor wasn't working, and had broken off in a similar fashion. Now I know where it goes and that resoldering that point should fix the alarm.

M with TD and have full theft coverage. I was never asked if I had an alarm or asked to install one.....wonder what the difference is. Maybe bike make and model?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Depends on what bike you have. My old bike didn't require an alarm for theft coverage, but when I purchased my F4i they said I needed one installed in order to be covered for theft.

M with TD and have full theft coverage. I was never asked if I had an alarm or asked to install one.....wonder what the difference is. Maybe bike make and model?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm with TD and they requested it. Maybe it's a ss thing :dontknow:
I told them I have one and the brand. That was it. I do but they have no way of proving it's on the bike or not.

I'm with TD and they requested it. Maybe it's a ss thing :dontknow:
I told them I have one and the brand. That was it. I do but they have no way of proving it's on the bike or not.

I think so -- asked for two quotes and if I got a 2014 CBR600RRA they required it, for a 2014 CBR650F they did not.

Back
Top Bottom