air guns for self defense - legal? | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

air guns for self defense - legal?

About the Ian Thomson case in post #16, I don't get why you have to have your firearm 'properly stored' if you're home? Suppose I feel like running barefoot over them, can't I? Why can't I sleep with them?

About evidence of your perception of the threat, I have it on good advice to dump into your pants, to prove how scary it was.

That is exactly why it was such a ******** charge. Does it mean I can be charged for unsafe storage every time I take a rifle out to clean it or do other work on it like mount a scope? When the rifle is out of the safe it is neither in use, nor in storage, so what is it????

I saw in Detroit news that a person pull out an air gun to threaten somone, that someone turns out to be a border agent, shot and killed him with his real gun lol...I know we not in the u.s...just the idea of using an air gun for anything is a bad idea lol

Other than shooting squirrels (risking a $2000 ticket)... In any case, if a cop stops you while carrying a loaf of bread and you indicate that it is to be used as a weapon (self-defense), he'd have grounds to charge you with a weapons offense.

deleted

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom