Ahoy! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ahoy!

Archetype

Browsed these forums for the better part of a year when I was directed here by a Google search result for motorbike insurance in Southern Ontario. The insurance forum was really helpful in browsing what was available to me as a newer M2 rider. Ended up going thru AIM ultimately as they had a deal with the CMA course I took in 2022.

Not exactly in the GTA (Brantford), but you all seemed like such a great group here, I thought I'd sign up since I'm only a short ride away!

Started on a 99 250 Ninja in 2002 when I was 17, and after a near 20 year lapse, bought myself a '22 CRF300L from DeWildt at the end of 2022. Have it all setup for motocamping and enjoying every KM! Re-taking the CMA rider course again was a lot of fun and really got me ready again for the roads. I remembered doing it initially at the CCIW many years ago.

I've had a 2024 ZX-4RR 40th anniversary edition on order at Sturgess in Hamilton since January that I should be taking delivery of in a few weeks, so I'm super excited to get out for some more spirited riding as well. Maybe even hit TMP when they have their track days available. Already have a Graves slip on and tail tidy sitting in the garage. 😂

Anyways, good to be here! You all seem like a super nice, tight knit bunch here and looking forward to hanging around.

Cheers,

Vince

Attachments

• PXL_20240306_221040501.jpg
    PXL_20240306_221040501.jpg
    326.2 KB · Views: 9
  • PXL_20240313_170440353.jpg
    PXL_20240313_170440353.jpg
    661.2 KB · Views: 8
Browsed these forums for the better part of a year when I was directed here by a Google search result for motorbike insurance in Southern Ontario. The insurance forum was really helpful in browsing what was available to me as a newer M2 rider. Ended up going thru AIM ultimately as they had a deal with the CMA course I took in 2022.

Not exactly in the GTA (Brantford), but you all seemed like such a great group here, I thought I'd sign up since I'm only a short ride away!

Started on a 99 250 Ninja in 2002 when I was 17, and after a near 20 year lapse, bought myself a '22 CRF300L from DeWildt at the end of 2022. Have it all setup for motocamping and enjoying every KM! Re-taking the CMA rider course again was a lot of fun and really got me ready again for the roads. I remembered doing it initially at the CCIW many years ago.

I've had a 2024 ZX-4RR 40th anniversary edition on order at Sturgess in Hamilton since January that I should be taking delivery of in a few weeks, so I'm super excited to get out for some more spirited riding as well. Maybe even hit TMP when they have their track days available. Already have a Graves slip on and tail tidy sitting in the garage. 😂

Anyways, good to be here! You all seem like a super nice, tight knit bunch here and looking forward to hanging around.

Cheers,

Vince
I would love to see that ZX-4RR. Try and make it out to a burger night.

Brantford isn't that far. There are quite a few guys from the Kitchener area as well.

Last edited:
Branford isn’t too far from many of us, if you’re inclined to show that off sometime 😃

Cheers,

Vince
As an ex ZX-4RR owner I will say get the break in kms done and flash it, night and day difference. And upgrade the tires before a track day, the ZX-4RR forums are a wealth of info

As an ex ZX-4RR owner I will say get the break in kms done and flash it, night and day difference. And upgrade the tires before a track day, the ZX-4RR forums are a wealth of info
ex 4RR owner? already?

Coming home from work at midnight I was introduced to my neighbours dog mid corner, and with a non replaceable rear subframe it was a quick write off
Well that's certainly one way to do it, hope you're okay.

Thanks for the welcome, everyone! Picking up the 4RR tomorrow morning! Gonna be a chilly ride home me thinks.
Moto camping where?
Just got my feet wet with it last year. Did a few night at Valens. Hoping to eventually do some dispersed camping in the next year or two if I can find some decent spots.
Welcome. Are you following Itchy Boots at all?
I do! Noraly was a big part in me getting a 300L. So much so, I initially had the Rally on order, but after months of waiting on my pre-order and no stock, I settled on the standard version and did it up my way.

That's the plan for sure. The flashes from 2WDW, Moore, TST, Graves all seem solid. I have the Graves slip on and DNA filter waiting in my garage as we speak. I may ride it as is this year, ride out the 12 month warranty to make sure all is good, and get it done over next winter. TMP is just down the road from me, so I absolutely foresee track time in my future.

Welcome!

Avid motocamper here as well! Have spent many nights tenting while on an adventure. This was from upstate NY last fall on my way out to spend a week in the Adirondacks and VT.

1712364838653.png

Also keen on moto camping. Where is Valens? We usually rough/vagrant camp on what could/might be crown land.

If anybody is looking for a more distant motocamping destination just across the border about a half hour outside of Watertown, PM me and I will share a real gem from the photo above. State forest, clean pit toilets, fire ring and picnic table at some of the sites, and completely free.

The only stipulations are that you treat the location with the upmost respect, and don't share it publicly as it's one of those gems that if overrun or abused by the wrong people will almost certainly be closed down the same as how so much crownland here in Ontario has been over the years for the same reasons. Unfortunately a larger and larger portion of the "camping" population are a55holes. .

Last edited:
that’s a long ride if you followed kawi’s break-in RPM of 4000 😂 i lasted about 3 minutes before going over
It's brutal. 6th gear at 60kph is nearly going over their suggested 0-200km RPM max. Have 150 on it now, so it's getting there. Had to ride it home at 90, so there wasn't much I could do. 😅

It's brutal. 6th gear at 60kph is nearly going over their suggested 0-200km RPM max. Have 150 on it now, so it's getting there. Had to ride it home at 90, so there wasn't much I could do. 😅
You wanna get almost as many opinions as what kind of oil to use, ask how to break in a new engine. Everybody and their uncles cousin has a different view on it 😂

Back
Top Bottom