Advice to get business going | Page 9 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Advice to get business going

Happy to say our 'first' contract is done and I assume the client is happy with the work. Took a bit longer than expected, but was a good experience for us.

Guess now I can buy an F150 and a boat?
That is great to hear. Sometimes no news is good news when it comes to clients.
I'd say get that F150 and boat and enjoy them for a day or two before they get stolen... :p

Happy to say our 'first' contract is done and I assume the client is happy with the work. Took a bit longer than expected, but was a good experience for us.

Guess now I can buy an F150 and a boat?
my advice, find some way to get reviews from clients going post job. I would just say a few words on the way out the door but you could also hand them a contact card "Please take the time to review" noted on the bottom or offer them some enticement to do so "free can of paint in the colour we just provided upon leaving a review" etc.

word of mouth is always #1. but if I was your target audience and i caught your flyer, I'd be deep diving you on google before picking up the phone.

also, congrats!

my advice, find some way to get reviews from clients going post job. I would just say a few words on the way out the door but you could also hand them a contact card "Please take the time to review" noted on the bottom or offer them some enticement to do so "free can of paint in the colour we just provided upon leaving a review" etc.

word of mouth is always #1. but if I was your target audience and i caught your flyer, I'd be deep diving you on google before picking up the phone.

also, congrats!
I did a campaign for reviews with one of the kids. $5 Tim’s card with a nice thank you note and an ask for a review. 20 cards18 reviews.

also, congrats!
Good advice. I'd see what it takes to get on home stars

Good advice. I'd see what it takes to get on home stars
$$$$$

Never looked into it but I have heard the fees are not low.

$$$$$

Never looked into it but I have heard the fees are not low.
Isn't homestars the site where you can pay to banish bad reviews too? I always thought it was dodgy.

Mp, I'd stick with Google reviews for now. They are easy to find and improve your ranking on Google so you are closer to the top of the list.

Last edited:
Isn't homestars the site where you can pay to banish bad reviews too? I always thought it was dodgy.

Mp, I'd stick with Google reviews for now. They are easy to find and improve your ranking on Google so you are closer to the top of the list.
Is a Homestars award free with a paid ad?

Nope, you cannot. Google reviews are good as well.

Well I just got my side hustle (Business) up and running, though still in the early stages.
But, If you have a garage door and require quality seals (25yr Warranty) for the top, bottom, sides. Shoot me a DM
Now I have to get back onto social media and build a website... YIKES!!

Well I just got my side hustle (Business) up and running, though still in the early stages.
But, If you have a garage door and require quality seals (25yr Warranty) for the top, bottom, sides. Shoot me a DM
Now I have to get back onto social media and build a website... YIKES!!
What is better about your seals? Not trying to be an ass, I'm genuinely interested. Mine aren't bad but definitely don't seal 100%. Are they your product design or are you the distributor?

Does anyone make a seal that allows some water to escape? When really snowy/wet vehicles pull in, I end up with a puddle behind the closed door. I suspect a gap (maybe filled with fiber like scotchbrite to allow water movement but minimize air) and heating would be required to fix it permanently but I haven't looked to see what is out there.

What is better about your seals? Not trying to be an ass, I'm genuinely interested. Mine aren't bad but definitely don't seal 100%. Are they your product design or are you the distributor?
No offence taken. I am the dealer for Ontario.
It is made out of a very durable, 13 ounce vinyl/rubber coated fabric. Will not freeze to the ground, dry out, loose memory and can be removed and adjusted as required to ensure a tight fit. Easy to install and offered in a few colours to match your door and a 25 year warranty. Made in USA.
Comes in various sizes ranging from 1.25 inches to 4 inches in diameter to fit doors and gaps of all sizes. Each seal has a solid inner foam core wrapped in a softer foam for good insulating performance. All seals are sold by the linear foot and come with colour matched screws.
1714154455310.png

Back
Top Bottom