900,000 students coming in… | Page 24 | GTAMotorcycle.com

900,000 students coming in…

The foodbank should have this video playing on a big screen TV, right at their entrance.

That video should make all Golden Hawks proud!
Go Team Laurier !! Such a proud moment , I hope his classmates give him the recognition he deserves

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com
Looks like mofo may have been fired according to some Reddit posts…

Guy work(ed) for TD apparently.

Special kind of stupid…(but I hope it’s true)

1713915221402.png

Imagine being a person / family that actually needs the Food Bank to not go hungry...and then you see this mofo...

Burns my blood.
A lot of these students come from a different culture. We have no problems lining up for free samples at Costco. It's free so why not?

They either ignore or don't realize food banks are not for foereign students. I don't know how food banks vet their users.

We have a tendency to not embarrass social service users so is it just show up and shop or do the users have to give ID and a cause?

A mechanic told me their garage had a free installation promotion and a guy brought if shocks from CTC and expected the garage to put them in free.

The majority of them are from wealthy families.

They know. Scamming is not a moral issue.
Rich people like free stuff too and moral standards vary from country to country.

What people wear or are expected to wear, what and how they eat, how they treat others, what they tolerate as accommodation are all factors in racial tension.

It would be racist to single out a person from a specific country and subject them to an indoctrination to better adjust to life in Canada.

Re: the rich person comment.

I'd be okay with a few here and there ...

One person's scammer is another person's hustler that works the system. Cultural aspect also factor in...

While I agree going to a food bank when you do not need to is morally wrong and IMO totally scumbagish it is technically not breaking the law AFAIK.
A cash side hustle is breaking the law but how does one see it morally? then...
Collecting CERB etc. payments when not entitled to them?
Collecting EI while working for cash?
Flipping houses while declaring them as a PR to avoid taxes?
Committing mortgage fraud to buy or own more than one can afford?
Panhandling for money (as a job basically) on the street while collecting disability money?
Using a back door for immigration like student visas (not to be an actual student)?
Stealing stuff, property, bikes, cars?
Being a MP or MPP (any party), maybe this is the same as the previous one?
There are many more examples of varying degrees depending on views.

Some of the above our society in general will have a very high percentage of negative views on while others much of society will see a hustler trying to get a head (back to possible cultural views in some cases). All come with some sort of cost to society, none are truly victimless.

Just food for thought, pun intended.

One person's scammer is another person's hustler that works the system. Cultural aspect also factor in...

Sorry, but someone with money (or daddy's credit card) taking food off the shelf at a food bank (who are all having trouble keeping shelves stocked right now) leaving nothing or limited choice to someone that is on a fixed income and has no other choice is a scumbag of the highest magnitude. Nothing you can say and no excuse you can make for them will change that.

Sorry, but someone with money (or daddy's credit card) taking food off the shelf at a food bank (who are all having trouble keeping shelves stocked right now) leaving nothing or limited choice to someone that is on a fixed income and has no other choice is a scumbag of the highest magnitude. Nothing you can say and no excuse you can make for them will change that.
I don't disagree, no excuse for this scumbag but from a purely philosophical/sociological there are plenty of "rich people" (rich being relative), and even non-rich people actions, immorally "working the system" that hurt everyone and those that need it most. As a society we judge some rightfully harsh (like this guy) while others we shrug our collective shoulders. That is always worth a look personally and sociologically.

Billionaire corporate raider or short sellers purposely collapses a company and pension fund to add a few percent to their wealth, puts tens of thousands out of work, good for them? Just a random example... Not an excuse (I think you may have me wrong here, not making excuses for this scumbag) but again worth asking why some others get a free pass? (and I am NOT saying this guy should get a free pass)

Last edited:
I can see both sides of this discussion, what is an ethical hustle vs a douche move .
My take is flipping houses , avoiding taxes , corporate takeovers is the rich duping the rich . Cleaning off shelves at a food bank is pretty close to lowest of the low .
And my personal moral compass is pretty off course .

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

Here we go…TD Data Scientist (avg pay of 98k) did get fired…

Good riddance. So not a student apparently, but even worse…a well to do person just ripping off the system set up to help those less fortunate.

Only negative is it’ll keep the idiots from posting so they’ll just do it quietly.

Here we go…TD Data Scientist (avg pay of 98k) did get fired…

Good riddance. So not a student apparently, but even worse…a well to do person just ripping off the system set up to help those less fortunate.

Only negative is it’ll keep the idiots from posting so they’ll just do it quietly.
Hopefully it will act as a deterrent to some?? Saved $100 on groceries but lost a $100K job.

Hopefully it will act as a deterrent to some?? Saved $100 on groceries but lost a $100K job.
All it will do is teach others NOT to post it online, not with their face in clear view.

I would love for the Food Bank to actually vet those who come in, but understand the ramifications of that decision. Additional paperwork, and the stigma that comes with it to people that actually need it, and are ashamed of needing to use it.

Back
Top Bottom