2024 WSBK/WSS Discussion Thread | GTAMotorcycle.com

2024 WSBK/WSS Discussion Thread

norri

Maybe it should change it's name to EuropeanSBK?

2024 Calander:-

23rd – 25th February: Phillip Island, Australia

22nd – 24th March: Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya, Spain

19th – 21st April: TT Circuit Assen, the Netherlands

14th – 16th June: Misano World Circuit “Marco Simoncelli”, Italy

12th – 14th July: Donington Park, United Kingdom

19th – 21st July: Autodrom Most, Czech Republic

9th – 11st August: Autodromo Internacional do Algarve, Portugal

23rd – 25th August: Balaton Park Circuit, Hungary*

6th – 8th September: Circuit de Nevers Magny-Cours, France

20th – 22nd September: Cremona Circuit, Italy*

27th – 29th September: MotorLand Aragon, Spain

11th – 13th October: Circuito de Jerez – Angel Nieto

It is a pretty bad calendar.. the first 3 in a period of 3 months, in May no race, and then the calendar become more compacto_O:rolleyes:

Who thinks the new minimum weight rules + Rea on a Yamaha will yield different results next season?
More curious about Razgatlioglu on the BMW than Rea on Yamaha….

And, how badly will the weight addition affect Bautista?

I predict the weight rebalancing won't slow Bautista down much.

I predict JR will figure out the Yamaha and give Bautista a run for his money. Is JR on the R1 faster than Toprak was on the R1? Tough call. Both are excellent riders.

Toprak to the BMW is a complete unknown. But BMW seems willing to spend money.

Seems also that the Honda has had many technical improvements for 2024. Don't know if they have what it takes to win but perhaps they'll be less behind.

Shaping up to be an interesting season. I'm thinking of making the trip over there in August to watch at Portimao.

This year should be quite a bit different. They’ve added in a minimum rider/bike weight combo. IIRC Bautista is getting an addition 7kg (!!!) added to his bike. That will no doubt make a huge difference in keeping him from running away with it again.

This year should be quite a bit different. They’ve added in a minimum rider/bike weight combo. IIRC Bautista is getting an addition 7kg (!!!) added to his bike. That will no doubt make a huge difference in keeping him from running away with it again.
I was listening to the Paddock Pass Podcast the other day and I think it was Gordon Ritchie who said that they're also getting back the revs that were taken away last year, and according to the engineers he talked to, that was a bigger deal to them than the weight.

Personally I think Bautista is going to run away with it again. Rea should be more competitive this year but I just don't see how he'll be able to beat Bautista. Toprak is going to a worse bike and I doubt he'll be competing for wins every weekend like last year.

I'm looking forward to seeing how the new riders do...Iannone, Lowes, Bulega should all be interesting to watch. Hopefully Remy Gardner makes a step this year too.
Attended quite a few WSBK races and I actually prefer them to MotoGP races.

Access to the paddocks is a lot less restrictive than the Big Show. Plus cheaper and less crowds.

I was blown away by the access you get at a WSBK race. I went to Portimao in 2022 and got photos with Rea and Toprak after FP1, also ran into Toseland and Davies just walking through as well. For the price of admission it's hard to beat.

Working on the schedule for the upcoming summer. Previous tentative plan is out due to a schedule conflict. At the moment, I'm thinking of going to the UK for July, most likely picking up a rental bike and doing some riding in the south of England, then going to WorldSBK Donington Park 2nd weekend in July.

Committed now. I bought a weekend pass for Donington WorldSBK 12-14 July. I bought a seat reservation in the Hollywood grandstand and a pit-walk pass for Saturday.
You might as well, Mr. Retiree!

You can't take it with you. Might as well enjoy it.

Honestly, I wonder how long its going to take before you are bored stiff, and start doing some part time work.

"Hello, welcome to Walmart?"
Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

You might as well, Mr. Retiree!

You can't take it with you. Might as well enjoy it.

Honestly, I wonder how long its going to take before you are bored stiff, and start doing some part time work.

"Hello, welcome to Walmart?"
Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

June SOAR weekend leads into a couple track days that I've been invited to at Grattan, then I have to go straight to Calabogie for VRRA with a quick stop at home to resupply, then I'm planning to go to the UK after a couple days off, that will be early July, probably check out London for a couple days then pick up a hire bike for a couple of weeks, then back home for the July SOAR weekend. Part time work? Ain't got time for that!

Hotel booked, in Long Eaton 9 mi away from the track, last room they had available in that timeframe ... there's other hotels with available rooms in the area, but £££££ ...

Oh hello! What are *you* doing here?!?!

rossi_1-X4.jpg

rossi_2-X4.jpg

rossi_4-X4.jpg

Who is this clown and why is he holding up the racing line?

rossi_3-X4.jpg

Back
Top Bottom