2024 Demo Days | GTAMotorcycle.com

2024 Demo Days

Sf v2 🤔

Ok, maybe it is just me but that picture does not look realistic at all.
Would you really take your foot off the peg like that?

Ok, maybe it is just me but that picture does not look realistic at all.
Would you really take your foot off the peg like that?

19865657.jpg

Yes, that's classic supermoto cornering technique.

My leg normally goes up and out to the rad shroud for more clearance.

Last edited:
19865657.jpg

So interesting, thanks for the clarification!

I hope to get a spot if any of the nearby dealers offer test rides. But I think I will suffer the same luck as with bmw, where everything is booked before making the public announcement

19865657.jpg

I get the foot off but the marketing pic has the foot really far back. I suspect if you touched down much, that leg would get launched back which is the opposite of stable. Your pic can deal with some contact without your leg flying back.

I hope to get a spot if any of the nearby dealers offer test rides. But I think I will suffer the same luck as with bmw, where everything is booked before making the public announcement
Maranello BMW usually does theirs in September, I'd start calling in late June asking about spots.

Ride for Sight usually has demos, as does the Superbike races at Mosport. Sign up the morning of the ride.

Just tell em you’re friends with evo and they’ll roll out the champagne

I get the foot off but the marketing pic has the foot really far back. I suspect if you touched down much, that leg would get launched back which is the opposite of stable. Your pic can deal with some contact without your leg flying back.

I've seen it done both ways.

I suspect the foot down guys are ex flat-trackers and they're using the same hotshoe style, which allows you to save the bike from a lowside if you over-drift the rear wheel:

sd-aspect-1504799997-thumb-68183-1280x768-0-0-auto.jpg

Personally, I'm used to the dirt bike cornering technique, so I'm leg out instead of foot down. More cornering clearance too:

06O5212_480x480.jpg

Maybe foot down is okay for lower speeds but trying to save a low-side when you're going moderately fast seems to be asking for a trip to the ACL doctor, IMO. 🤷‍♂️

I just got this in my email as well, but thought the date was a mistake - seems very early in the season for test rides.

Harley demo day coming up in cambridge (next door to apex I believe)

Suzuki demo day at snow city as well I believe

Back
Top Bottom