2022 Trip plans? | GTAMotorcycle.com

2022 Trip plans?

shanekingsley

Curry - so nice it burns you twice
Site Supporter
If the border is open and moto travel feels safe, then it would be nice to get away for a some rides this year!

Got a couple trips planned out if family/work/pandemic allows:

May for 10 days - Riding down and moto-camping along the way to Deals Gap
July/Aug for 16 days - Riding up to La Mauricie, Chicoutimi, Manic Cinq, Kegaska and Gaspe - maybe coming home through the US

Anyone here planning moto trips in 2022?

The gap, likely in July.

Use that as a jumping off point to all the good roads in the smokeys.

Truck it down with 3 other riders. Trailer the bikes.

Ride for 4-5 days. Drive back.

Might run the little bike. It'd be fun in the tight stuff.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

These days, I hate making any kinds of announcements about plans for anything.

Lol... 'Same.

However if I were to hypothetically make any plans... You know, just spit-ballin' the "idea" of possibly having some plans in mind...

Mine could include another ride to the Okanagan, but perhaps along a rte. other than the TC once inside MB.
Other than that maybe, you know "if" I were the planning type.... 'Probably a few shorter 2, 4 or 4 day trips hither and yon.

Lol... 'Same.

However if I were to hypothetically make any plans... You know, just spit-ballin' the "idea" of possibly having some plans in mind...

Mine could include another ride to the Okanagan, but perhaps along a rte. other than the TC once inside MB.
Other than that maybe, you know "if" I were the planning type.... 'Probably a few shorter 2, 4 or 4 day trips hither and yon.

If you're in the area this summer, pm me. I can show you around.

Invitation extended to all GTAM members!

Ok, my plans are not as grand as other local resident famous travelers - I figured we can travel now in-between waves so as soon as this wave is over I am heading to Spain baby! (I figured Latin America is too risky for now to stack in there...)
Maybe a week or two, hope to rent a bike there... and def would practice my spanish as much as I could :)

There's a FJR rally being held in Nakusp June 22-26 I'm going to try to co ordinate into my itinerary.

Good roads in the Kootenays. Don't rush through that region, you can spend a few days riding around there and not get bored.

I'm going to assume the FJR guys will organize rides in the area. If not, I can send you some suggestions, or if I'm free, I can even join you. Nakusp is only 3 hours away.

Last edited:
I'm hoping to visit Point Pleasant WV and finally see the GD Mothman statue

000635190015-1.jpg

Hoping to take a few days to ride from Ft. Meyers to Key West late Feb.

Planning to spend my spare time on the water this summer - no hassles with accommodation or borders. Maybe a few day trips on the bikes.

On nice days I'll bob around Lake Ontario, use my reciprocals to hit a few US side marinas for cheap accommodation, fuel and booze. Crap days I'll tie up at Ontario Place and act like a drunken sailor in port.

Which part of Spain?

South coastal parts = that's for sure for this adopted Canadian :)
One of my teachers invited me to Mallorca, Málaga y Valencia are the other options. No point planning too much right now, probably will decide last minute = more fun ..

South coastal parts = that's for sure for this adopted Canadian :)
One of my teachers invited me to Mallorca, Málaga y Valencia are the other options. No point planning too much right now, probably will decide last minute = more fun ..

Alex,
My best friend lives in Alicante, if you need a place to crash for a night or two let me know and I’ll get you to connect with him.

Alex,
My best friend lives in Alicante, if you need a place to crash for a night or two let me know and I’ll get you to connect with him.

Wow, awesome, I'll keep this in mind, thanks.
And BTW is he a rider? I was thinking how awesome it would be to find a spanish version of a "fuzzy ride" to join for some fun ;)

Wow, awesome, I'll keep this in mind, thanks.
And BTW is he a rider? I was thinking how awesome it would be to find a spanish version of a "fuzzy ride" to join for some fun ;)

He’s a cyclist, depends on how fast he can pedal lol

I made plans June '21 for a south Ohio trip June '22 on the assumption that with vaccines Covid would be pretty much done. Had to book cabins at a state park then or they'd be sold out. So here we are, 7 - 8 months later, with Covid not resolved. Have to play this by ear, don't want to miss another riding season in the US.

July/Aug for 16 days - Riding up to La Mauricie, Chicoutimi, Manic Cinq, Kegaska and Gaspe - maybe coming home through the US
Interesting, I've never been up that way. Are you just gonna to to Kegaska then turn around and come back the same way, or is there a ferry you can take somewhere from there?

They're supposed to extend hwy 138 all the way to Labrador so the Trans-Lab can be a loop although that's probably 5-10 yrs away.

Not making any plans until this BS Covid is finally in the rear view, or at least finally going in that direction.

Back
Top Bottom