2021 Day Trips! | Page 22 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2021 Day Trips!

Lol, I meant Gerbing not Gerber.

See here at about 5:40
That's a good video. That dual controller looks great.

Some people mount the controllers on their bikes and others keep them in their pocket or like video showed, clasped off a belt. Personally I like to mount it to my brake fluid reservoir, so that I can make adjustment while on the move and keep my eyes on the road.

In the pic below, it's the 2 little dials on the right side of the pic behind the brake fluid reservoir.
I tried out the hippo hands thingy's and they will work once I cut two small holes and install some grommets for the mirrors to get mounted back on. They are surprisingly comfortable and spacious inside.
2021093016370449-1398571664182193391-IMG_7281-4K.jpg

Black Jack heated vest here. They don't come any more simple: hook it up to your battery tender pigtail, ON/OFF via an inline rocker switch, that's it. No heat settings, no controllers, no nonsense. The heating elements are throughout the vest, rather than three or four localized patches. Fits well, comfortable, effective, not the least bit bulky. The best thing since sliced bread!

Made right here in Canada, available direct from the manufacturer, $130 with free shipping, or pick one up from the good folks at Town Moto in downtown Toronto for $139.

vest_500.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone out here without heated gear still doing longer day/multi-day rides or is it too late for that?
Did that today. Never again.

1. Need to find/buy a new connector for battery to jacket
2. Need to find charger for my Velocity winter gloves

FML I’m still shivering.

FML I’m still shivering.
see why I asked?

FML I’m still shivering.
What kind of connector do you need?

Black Jack heated vest here. They don't come any more simple: hook it up to your battery tender pigtail, ON/OFF via an inline rocker switch, that's it. No heat settings, no controllers, no nonsense. The heating elements are throughout the vest, rather than three or four localized patches. Fits well, comfortable, effective, not the least bit bulky. The best thing since sliced bread!

Made right here in Canada, available direct from the manufacturer, $130 with free shipping, or pick one up from the good folks at Town Moto in downtown Toronto for $139.

vest_500.jpg
with no way to control heat levels, do you find it warm enough? Or even too warm?

vest_500.jpg
For people who don't get cold too easy that would work well.
I tried a heated vest which did great at keeping my core warm, but lousy at keeping my arms warm. So I sold it and bought a full heated jacket that provides even heat throughout, all the way to the wrists and even the neck. And the jacket also allows me to plug in heated gloves too.

But again, it all depends on how well your body retains heat. I've ridden with some who would never use any heated gear and they ride in sub zero no problem.

The controller allows for a tiny bit of warmth when it's a cool spring/fall day, or cranked for when it's really cold out. Once I tried it, there was no going back.

with no way to control heat levels, do you find it warm enough? Or even too warm?
Jayell's living in the lap of kuxury with his inline on/off switch. My vest is on when it's plugged in. Period.

Controllers? Oh you young whippersnappers with your tech.

I have not experienced either. It's a bit like Goldilocks: just right.

I've been comfortable down to 0°C. If I were to become too warm, its easy to switch off even while in motion.

You forgot to add paying the school for permission to come.

Pretty sure it won't load but this the Monty Python "Four Yorkshiremen" skit. Such a classic.

How cold is too cold to ride?
My feable gear, heated vest and handle bar muffs keep me warm down to 5C. Beyond that I worry about tire grip.

This is what I have and no way to connect to battery.View attachment 51586

If you're talking about the red connector, looks like a co-ax. You can get them all over the place, but here's a link to one:

If you're talking about the red connector, looks like a co-ax. You can get them all over the place, but here's a link to one:

Not sure if the battery connects to the red one, or the multi-prong one.

Back
Top Bottom