2019 Renewal - Increase? Allstate? Is this a joke? | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2019 Renewal - Increase? Allstate? Is this a joke?

Last year moved to TD Monex with house , 2 cars, bike. saved $1,100. total. This year the premiums went up $1365. so back to where I was 2 yrs ago. I moved everything to Northland Ins and its back down $1,000. over all.

Monex said it was all discounts going away, Aviva where I was for 30ys went to the moon which is why i went to Monex. Northland seemed to find some discounts......

Its going to become a crap shoot going forward. There is now a punishment premium for not being with an insurer more than one yr. They take into account loyalty, hard to be loyal when they make you shop constantly.
Did you try getting a quote with TD Primmum? Need to be part of a qualifying employer group or association to get good discounts. In my shopping experience this year, TD Primmum is working out to be cheaper for my car and home, and TD Monex (standalone policy) is cheaper (relatively) for my bike (SS).

FYI, TD Primmum and Monex have different underwriters, so you can split products between the two. I'm an alumni of a qualifying university (Monex), as well as employer group (Primmum), which lead to extra discounts.

Would suggest to run online quotes and then give them a call. There is a 5% web quote discount. Also got winter tire, clean driving record, and some other discounts that I fail to remember now.

Still waiting for my Allstate renewal numbers. But TD is working out to be cheaper than what I was paying Allstate last year.

I'm located in Burlington. Zx6r insurance went down $320/yr with TD. Auto insurance with Belair went down $90/yr.
If you do have a degree from any University make sure you let TD know. My rates went down $400/yr just for that reason. They explained that they see people graduating university quote on quote "responsible"....so that somehow seems like you will be more responsible on the road? LOL

I'm located in Burlington. Zx6r insurance went down $320/yr with TD. Auto insurance with Belair went down $90/yr.
If you do have a degree from any University make sure you let TD know. My rates went down $400/yr just for that reason. They explained that they see people graduating university quote on quote "responsible"....so that somehow seems like you will be more responsible on the road? LOL

/facepalm

/facepalm
Ya tell me about it! But hey....we get screwed on insurance rates anyways, so why not take the additional discount? I moved from Scarb to Burly 6 years ago and my insruance premiums got cut in half. Crazy how rates can change so much from east end to west end. Its ridiculous

Ya tell me about it! But hey....we get screwed on insurance rates anyways, so why not take the additional discount? I moved from Scarb to Burly 6 years ago and my insruance premiums got cut in half. Crazy how rates can change so much from east end to west end. Its ridiculous

I don't think so i live in the east end since 1988 and this year i just got my renewal for my bike, last year was $900 and now $1398!!! That is insane...i'n 59 years young with clean record but my insu went up $500!!!! Tnks Aviva. Time to change

Got auto renewal from Allstate today. Car is down $8 per year, bike is exactly the same as last year.

Waiting for house renewal details. Do they usually mail auto and home separate ?

Edit: forgot to mention, car deductible dropped to $400 from $500 automatically. Didn't know that could happen.

Renewal on bike went from 830/year to around 1100/year, with Aviva/Dalton Timmis. Still waiting on car and home. Likely will be switching it all around again this year.

Renewal on bike went from 830/year to around 1100/year, with Aviva/Dalton Timmis. Still waiting on car and home. Likely will be switching it all around again this year.
Aviva seems to be hell bent on losing business. Not just motorcycle but throughout ... Makes no sense.
Maybe they want to reduce their clientele and cut their losses.

Got auto renewal from Allstate today. Car is down $8 per year, bike is exactly the same as last year.

Waiting for house renewal details. Do they usually mail auto and home separate ?

Edit: forgot to mention, car deductible dropped to $400 from $500 automatically. Didn't know that could happen.

They keep going down a hundo every year, until zero, as long as you're claims free.
Mine have been $0 for a while.

Allstate mails them out separately.

Aviva seems to be hell bent on losing business. Not just motorcycle but throughout ... Makes no sense.

Man, Aviva has got to be the most difficult place to quote on. I posted earlier in this thread about Allstate jacking my rates up a bit.
I called everyone, even resorted to calling/online quoting from kanetix, of course, they can't quote both auto and mc on the phone, with the same agent, so I had to ask nicely, get quoted on auto first, then transferred to one of their brokers. WHAT DO YOU KNOW, call got dropped during transfer. **** it, I know Avivia is lowest, I'll call them directly.. nope, all their brokers are lazy and none of the 15 or so that I called are open after 5pm, certainly not on weekends.
I gave up.
Ontario insurance won that day, and I was furious for wasting 2 hours on the phone calling various punks.

I do have the last laugh, I'm selling my highest premium SUV and not replace it with anything soon.

Ah so that's what disappearing deductible means. Good to know. Thanks!

Yep, that's the only reason I'm really staying with Allstate (for now).

Aviva renewals came in today. Looks like up about 20%. I'm undecided on whether it's worth shopping around. I don't have time to deal with this in the next few weeks.

Yep, they just lost my two cars, two bikes and home and I lost a tonne of time getting quotes because of them. No claims and not young, but my cars and bikes are most all blacklisted.
Brian, why support a company that will not support you and appreciate your business?

Yep, they just lost my two cars, two bikes and home and I lost a tonne of time getting quotes because of them. No claims and not young, but my cars and bikes are most all blacklisted.
Brian, why support a company that will not support you and appreciate your business?

Same here i cancelled my policy with Aviva...time to shop around.

Ah so that's what disappearing deductible means. Good to know. Thanks!

Hey @ Brian P. Give me a call if you want. I can run a quick quote for you.

289-460-4276.
+1 for Matt, most helpful agent/broker that I spoke to in the past few weeks, no time wasted.
Gonna have to start scheduling out time 360 days ahead of time for 2020 renewal... gotta make some sort of effort to beat them at their own game.

They keep going down a hundo every year, until zero, as long as you're claims free.
Mine have been $0 for a while.

Maybe they want people to go through a broker and not directly, there must be a business case for doing so. Win win for both and more money for everyone. I posted earlier I got my car insurance with Rapters which Aviva is the insurer.

Got home renewal from Allstate today. Up 7%.

Overall, car down 0.3%, motorcycle 0%, home up 7%. Home kills the deal. I was happy with no change in auto policy. No claims, or any other changes in profile.

Looks like I'm moving to TD.

Edit: BTW, does anyone know what this 4% service fee is for home insurance? Auto is 1.3%. Do all insurance providers charge the same? Oddly never noticed it before.

Last edited:
Got home renewal from Allstate today. Up 7%.

Overall, car down 0.3%, motorcycle 0%, home up 7%. Home kills the deal. I was happy with no change in auto policy. No claims, or any other changes in profile.

Looks like I'm moving to TD.

Edit: BTW, does anyone know what this 4% service fee is for home insurance? Auto is 1.3%. Do all insurance providers charge the same? Oddly never noticed it before.

With allstate, it's the charge to pay monthly. Kinda ridiculous, but it is what it is. I believe you can eliminate it with an upfront payment for the year's premium.

Back
Top Bottom