2017 Ontario GTA Photo Tag | Page 27 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2017 Ontario GTA Photo Tag

There is the southern Ontario phototag, but then this one becomes a GTA+more game. Which isn't a problem I guess, just becomes the discretion of whoever is making the map? Just adding on more counties to the Toronto, York, Durham, Peel, Halton regions. Which more do we add before we do become southern Ontario?
/downer

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

Guys, why fix it if it ain't broke? Drizzle went out of bounds. Who cares? The new tag is up.

This is GTAMotorcycle.com. The photo tag game is played throughout the GTA (which, by definition, includes Port Perry and points beyond).

These as the boundaries, as noted in the introductory post:

Regional_Map_Large.jpg

This is a boundary map of the GTA (Greater Toronto Area):

gtamap.gif

They look similar to me.

I suggest those who want to broaden the area start a separate game.

Let's move on. Sheesh!

via Tapatalk

Last edited:
Guys, why fix it if it ain't broke? Drizzle went out of bounds. Who cares?

I suggest those who want to broaden the area start a separate game.

Let's move on. Sheesh!

Alright, relax dude. This was just a civil discussion about possible ways to make the game more fun for everyone. With how much the "GTA" has expanded over the past few years due to housing prices and whatever other reasons, it shouldn't be that far-fetched to consider that some of us live a little further outside of these "defined GTA boundaries" and yet still work, play, and ride throughout the entire area.

All I was suggesting was if you're going to draw a radius from Toronto outwards and call it "the GTA boundaries", perhaps it could be a little more uniform in all directions. Having it go north all the way to Gamebridge on Lake Simcoe, and all the way east to Newtonville in Clarington (I retract my previous statement about Cobourg, now that I've looked at a more detailed map), but not the same distance to the west doesn't make much sense to me - especially considering how many people now live in that area. I mean, Guelph is closer to Toronto than Newtonville or Gamebridge, and yet it's not considered "in bounds".

Nobody is demanding this be changed immediately, I was just floating the idea out to the group for discussion. At the end of the day, we all just want to ride our bikes and be part of this community of pretty cool dudes.

Going off of what Jayell noted, the boundaries of the GTA aren't made up by any of us, that map was made by someone giving the designation of the GTA bounds, no one is really stopping you or telling you to ride out of said borders but it is the game to play within them.

Going off of what Jayell noted, the boundaries of the GTA aren't made up by any of us, that map was made by someone giving the designation of the GTA bounds, no one is really stopping you or telling you to ride out of said borders but it is the game to play within them.

Right, I get that, but nothing says that can't be changed.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

All things considered, the game has been working pretty well this year: the tags have been spread out over a wide area and things have kept moving along. (Curiously, we seem to have had fewer tags within TO itself than in past years, and a few previous regulars haven't joined in.) We currently have about 15 active players, including some who have been willing to zigzag everywhere between Bowmanville and Burlington. My main concern with expanding the boundaries is having remote tags that could slow the game down to the point where people lose interest. Time pressures being what they are, not everyone can go on a 2 hour round trip just for the fun of it. On the other hand, I agree that we are missing out on some nice rides in the moraine and around the escarpment. I'm going to suggest that we keep the boundaries as is for the remainder of this year, then discuss during the off-season whether we want to expand it for next year. 2 key things are (1) How will expanded boundaries affect participation? Will some people join and/or tag more? Will others drop off because the tags are too far? (2) Easy to understand boundaries.

Evon posted that link already.

You guys mentioned there is GTA, Ontario and that one your linking.

Any of you have the Ontario game link? Sorry, I suck at searching. ?

Evon posted that link already.

You guys mentioned there is GTA, Ontario and that one your linking.

Any of you have the Ontario game link? Sorry, I suck at searching. ?
Sorry.
I'm a little slow.
Missed a ton of posts in between. Lol

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app

Once in a while, the boundary discussion comes up especially when new members (myself included :D) realize how spread out GTA is.

As others mentioned, it is not something we came up with randomly. The definition of GTA includes Toronto and four surrounding regions: Halton, Peel, York & Durham. As simple as that.

Happy tagging and ride safe!

^^^^//end discussion, back to tagging

So for moving forward's sake. Would anyone object to me grabbing that tag today and bringing it back to Toronto?

It's a beautiful day and i don't feel like working.

Last edited:
So for moving forward's sake. Would anyone object to me grabbing that tag today and bringing it back to Toronto?

It's a beautiful day and i don't feel like working.
In all fairness, and imho, I would say to instead grab the "new new" tag that was posted.

Keep an eye on the weather. It's pouring rain here in the west end...coming down hard at the moment. I thought it was hail at one point.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

Back
Top Bottom