2017 MotoGP Silly Season | Page 10 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2017 MotoGP Silly Season

He might go to Aprilia, but also mentioned he has two good offers in Superbike. He was pretty explicit in that what was most important to him is how he is valued in the team, and that he's wanted.

If he does that, he has to be very cognisant of the fact that he probably won't come back to MotoGP.

If he does that, he has to be very cognisant of the fact that he probably won't come back to MotoGP.

I think he's fully aware at this point that his days being a factory rider in Motogp are numbered. If he signs with Aprilia, he retains a factory seat in Motogp, and to be honest, is the only team available for him in Motogp at this point. I don't think there's even a satellite seat for him. So for him to consider Superbikes isn't such a far-fetched idea.

I think he's fully aware at this point that his days being a factory rider in Motogp are numbered. If he signs with Aprilia, he retains a factory seat in Motogp, and to be honest, is the only team available for him in Motogp at this point. I don't think there's even a satellite seat for him. So for him to consider Superbikes isn't such a far-fetched idea.

I still think there are some (albeit not great) scenarios for him to stay in MotoGP:

I can see him returning to Suzuki if Rins signs for Tech3. As principled as he sounds now, Suzuki would be a good seat for him, and he would swallow his pride.

I suppose he could sign with Aprilia, but I personally don't really have high hopes for that team. I'm still not convinced they in it for the long term. I hope I am wrong though.

Avintia could be a destination, though they already have one potential Spanish rider in Barbera, who is having a very good season. I suspect Avintia will have a non-spaniard in the other seat for some under-the-table dorna money.

Aspar could be a destination, though i'm not sure Aspar would take him back so readily after he paid to leave his contract early to race on the Forward Yamaha.

Superbikes could be a good destination for him provided he ends up on a factory-backed team there - Kawasaki (doubful), Ducati (maybe), Yamaha (maybe).

Work is the best place to watch it ;)

Agreed; no sound unfortunately

I reiterate, he has 2 career podiums across ALL classes... should be thankful for whatever he can get. I personally will never understand how he even made the premier class, nevermind landing a factory seat

I think it would be stupid for Aprilia to let go of someone like Bradl(who's a Moto2 champ, and proved he was fast with a good bike - LCR), and replace him with Aleix. I have never understood why Bradl has always been overlooked.

I reiterate, he has 2 career podiums across ALL classes... should be thankful for whatever he can get. I personally will never understand how he even made the premier class, nevermind landing a factory seat

It's pretty miraculous actually. There were injuries at Pramac, and he was available because he did not fall a full time 250 ride. I guess he showed some pace on the dogshit ducati, and they decided to keep him the season after. He's managed to use that break into getting himself all the way to a factory seat.

You're right though. On paper, his results don't jive with his opportunities.

FWIW, he did win the 'open' championship, if you put any stake in that.

Last edited:
I have never understood why Bradl has always been overlooked.

I think it's simply 'cause he crashes. A LOT. He's been given decent bikes, but has always been kind of "meh" on them.

I think it would be stupid for Aprilia to let go of someone like Bradl(who's a Moto2 champ, and proved he was fast with a good bike - LCR), and replace him with Aleix. I have never understood why Bradl has always been overlooked.

+1

Bradl is a much better rider imho

It's pretty miraculous actually. There were injuries at Pramac, and he was available because he did not fall a full time 250 ride. I guess he showed some pace on the dogshit ducati, and they decided to keep him the season after. He's managed to use that break into getting himself all the way to a factory seat.

You're right though. On paper, his results don't jive with his opportunities.

FWIW, he did win the 'open' championship, if you put any stake in that.

I put no stock in that season. The Forward Yamaha was leaps and bounds better than any of the other open class bikes, and his teammates, Edwards (at the end of his career) and DeAngelis were not great measuring sticks. I clearly remember thinking wtf when he was announced with Suzuki. Not saying he's been terrible, but much like the rest of his career, he's underwhelmed..

I think it's simply 'cause he crashes. A LOT. He's been given decent bikes, but has always been kind of "meh" on them.

Not really. Look at his rookie year, as well as 2013 and 2014 when he was with LCR. Sure, he had 2 or 3 crashes within the year but he consistently placed around 6-8 in the season. He's had lots of near podiums (4th, 5th). He only started crashing alot when he switched to Forward Yamaha. LCR was worse off when they replaced him with Crutchlow the next year.

Not really. Look at his rookie year, as well as 2013 and 2014 when he was with LCR. Sure, he had 2 or 3 crashes within the year but he consistently placed around 6-8 in the season. He's had lots of near podiums (4th, 5th). He only started crashing alot when he switched to Forward Yamaha. LCR was worse off when they replaced him with Crutchlow the next year.

Now there's a guy who crashes A LOT

Now there's a guy who crashes A LOT
Yeah, when they cut to Lucio Cecchinello after a crash it looks like he is trying to not throw a tantrum and/or cry.

Cal was brought over at the request of Honda and to supply the new CWM sponsor with an English rider, which then ended up falling through later in the season. Now they're left with only 1 finish this season and a fat bill for a truckload of HRC parts.

They should have kept Bradl for sure, but he may be pushed out of Aprilia even. That would be unfortunate, IMO.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

+1

Bradl is a much better rider imho

I put no stock in that season. The Forward Yamaha was leaps and bounds better than any of the other open class bikes, and his teammates, Edwards (at the end of his career) and DeAngelis were not great measuring sticks. I clearly remember thinking wtf when he was announced with Suzuki. Not saying he's been terrible, but much like the rest of his career, he's underwhelmed..

When he was on the ART with aspar he won the "crt" class twice on that bike, he pretty much crushed every crt rider. He's never been on a great bike through out his whole career, and i think his results reflect that. If Rins takes his seat at Suzuki, i think Tech 3 could be a good place for him(likely won't happen i know). He was impressive on the Forward Yamaha, could only be better on what is basically i full factory bike.

Not to mention he kicked MM ***. He had some bad luck with LCR.

Back
Top Bottom