2017 Demo rides/events | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2017 Demo rides/events

Not this year!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

:'(

Demo-riding a 600/750/1000 SS without a track is like dry humping a really hot girl that is being forced to play dead-fish.

油井緋色;2494194 said:

Demo-riding a 600/750/1000 SS without a track is like dry humping a really hot girl that is being forced to play dead-fish.
Even when they did do it on the track... There was always a lead rider setting the pace... You were never allowed to go full throttle

If anybody was planning on going to the Honda demo day at Markham Outdoor Power this Saturday it's been cancelled due to the anticipated weather.

Even when they did do it on the track... There was always a lead rider setting the pace... You were never allowed to go full throttle

Ride up the lead's *** to put pressure <_< lol Maybe they'll let you loose.

Went to hully gullys today in London, went there last year as well....The backroads are nice, and they let you open the bikes up, if you can tolerate the 401 to London, the BEST place by far to demo bikes.

They usually require people to book in advance though

401 just about anywhere outside of the GTA is usually smooth sailing. I've driven it from London to Montreal a few times, and only ever hated from about Mississauga to just past downtown.

Was that the honda event? What did you ride?

Yamaha event, Rode the FZ 09

Will be posting an in depth review soon :)

油井緋色;2494194 said:

Where do I sign up?

Where do I sign up?

Apparently none this year. Kawasaki hosted one a few years ago...they were always on weekdays. I really regret not going. Would've been like a free trackday with rental bikes.

Went to hully gullys today in London, went there last year as well....The backroads are nice, and they let you open the bikes up, if you can tolerate the 401 to London, the BEST place by far to demo bikes.

They usually require people to book in advance though

I went to their Honda one last year and my experience was the opposite (below the speed limit at all times), but one I did a few years previous was great as you described (was able to get the 600RR wide open a bit). It all seems to be at the mercy of the lead riders.

Good to hear you liked the FZ09 (or at least it sounds like you did). I didn't find the throttle to be that bad on the old one, but the suspension was poop. Seems to be fixed. The engine has a nice bark to it.

My favorite demo was with Mission Cycle. They actually took us down some trails, single track etc near Angus. And I didn't have to wash the bike after.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

I went to their Honda one last year and my experience was the opposite (below the speed limit at all times), but one I did a few years previous was great as you described (was able to get the 600RR wide open a bit). It all seems to be at the mercy of the lead riders.

Good to hear you liked the FZ09 (or at least it sounds like you did). I didn't find the throttle to be that bad on the old one, but the suspension was poop. Seems to be fixed. The engine has a nice bark to it.

Yeah the fz 09 is awesome, i never rode the older model so i cant compare it to the new suspension, but by all accounts the throttle, and suspension issues on the 2017 onwards models have been worked out

Ducati demo days

Apex Cycle Sports*|*Cambridge, ON*|*6/13

Maranello Moto Sport*|*North York, ON*|*6/17

Peninsula Import Ducati*|*Oakville, ON*|*6/21

GP Bikes*|*Whitby, ON*|*6/23 - 6/24

Powersports Canada*|*Ottawa, ON*|*6/28

Back
Top Bottom